Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Meghan mentioned meeting Julia during their engagement interview. That is what is important to me... the people close to Harry all are for this relationship and see how Meghan is a positive for Harry and vice versa. They know him and know what he has been through and what he has carved in a partner. He has all that and more.

Its just strange that British press talks to Diana's ghost(mediums) while American press has actual Friends of Diana speaking about the relationship.

Julia Samuel, a friend of Princess Diana that Meghan specifically mentioned in the engagement interview, has given an interview to Megyn Kelly about her book on pain of loss and grieving process. She also said Diana would've loved Meghan. She does caveat by saying she often feels like people shouldn't speak for Diana because you just never know how someone would feel. She also talks briefly about Harry and Meghan being very obviously in love.

Nicely done by Julia Samuel. Trying to make general comments as much as possible.

And not surprisingly, 'the royals' are just the British royals...

The Sun is reporting that Harry took Meghan to meet Tiggy Legge-Bourke after Cardiff.

The Sun is reporting that Harry took Meghan to meet Tiggy Legge-Bourke after Cardiff.

Never trust the sun too far but not out there. He has made a point of introducing her to the people who have been important in his life growing up. Tigge owns a bed and breakfast in southern Wales. He is godfather to one of her sons.

Meghan's co star Patrick J Adam talks of her as they both are leaving the show. Suits has been renewed for another season. The finale which is their characters' wedding is on April 25, just a few weeks before Meghan's wedding.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...-why-is-patrick-j-adams-leaving-suits-1079602

"Did you and Meghan talk about the timing of both of your exits at all?

With Meghan, a lot went unsaid. Meghan has this whole crazy part of her life that’s just beginning now. In some ways, Meghan and I were the closest because we were the youngest people in the cast and both came in with the least experience. We grew up together over the course of the show. There was this natural sense that we both knew that the time had come for both of us. It went unspoken and we just enjoyed the hell out of the last few episodes that we got to shoot. We both knew that we wouldn’t be coming back. It made every one of our scenes that much more special. We had a great time. We could laugh through it. Even the things that might have frustrated us about the show, they became things that we could have a good laugh about and compare notes on just how crazy this thing had become."

Daily Star is writing that Meghan is cutting ties with Hollywood friends and hanging more with Harry's friends. I can't see her dumping long time friends in the business, unless she's distancing herself from showbiz acquaintances who see her marriage as an opportunity to raise be their profiles.

Daily Star is writing that Meghan is cutting ties with Hollywood friends and hanging more with Harry's friends. I can't see her dumping long time friends in the business, unless she's distancing herself from showbiz acquaintances who see her marriage as an opportunity to raise be their profiles.

As a former Girl Scout and Girl Scout leader, reading this reminded me of one of the most popular songs we learned. "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold."

To me, it stands to reason that now that everything is in the open and Harry and Meghan are engaged and no longer need to sequester themselves in a cocoon of privacy and she's moved household to Nott Cott, it stands to reason that they would be out and about meeting those friends in the UK that are important to Harry.

This never should be construed as leaving her old friendships behind but rather meeting and making new friends with Harry as a couple. As with all of us, sometimes close friends are only close friends as long as there is a common ground. My best friend on the block where I raised my kids is someone I still keep in contact with but as our lives both changed, so did the friendship.

The Star is just writing nonsense to fill space IMO.

Her Hollywood friends are from 5-8 hours offset from her now that she's living in London. Of course she's going to spend more time with friends in the UK.

Real friendships, adult ones, stand the test of distance as well as time. Meghan has maintained friendships since college and since then, even when she hasn't been in the same city or same country. Like long distance love, long distance friendships take some work, but easily maintained if you try. I am sure Meghan will continue to maintain those she has had over the years.

Meghan also fortunately has friends in the UK. She has visited them before she met Harry. So its not like she is moving to a country where she has to rely on his friendship base alone.

But naturally she will be spending more time with his friend set. Simply because of geographical distance. Doesn't mean she has left behind hers.

Meghan really doesn't have a lot of HW friends. Her core set of friends are basically unknown.

:previous: Ouch! Looks like more than a few plastic dollies are sucking lemons. :D

She was never part of the Hollywood scene, that I can tell. Partly because she spent all of her time working out of the country.

Jealousy, the green eyed monster, is at work here. Actresses, whether A or Z list, have rumored liaisons with royals. The same goes with models and other entertainers. True or not, it's good publicity for the woman involved and they go in with the understanding it's a short term thing. Then Meghan came along and the script was flipped: Harry went public with Meghan through the Kensington Palace statement and the Invictus Games appearance. Meghan was able to seal the deal with a three stone engagement ring and the Queen's consent. It has to be galling to some women in Hollywood, thinking it could have been them; and upsetting to the Hollywood pecking order that a woman that "tried to get into a Golden Globes party" will they have to address as Your Royal Highness.

Jealousy, the green eyed monster, is at work here. Actresses, whether A or Z list, have rumored liaisons with royals. The same goes with models and other entertainers. True or not, it's good publicity for the woman involved and they go in with the understanding it's a short term thing. Then Meghan came along and the script was flipped: Harry went public with Meghan through the Kensington Palace statement and the Invictus Games appearance. Meghan was able to seal the deal with a three stone engagement ring and the Queen's consent. It has to be galling to some women in Hollywood, thinking it could have been them; and upsetting to the Hollywood pecking order that a woman that "tried to get into a Golden Globes party" will they have to address as Your Royal Highness.

It isn't surprising. She was a "working actress" and not a household name and now the world knows who she is. That isn't how it works to Hollywood despite that is how most of Hollywood becomes famous. They can say bitter. It isn't just them though. Many aristocratic ladies feeling the same way as well. They spend most their lives trying to bag a prince and then some woman out of nowhere from another country snatches him. Harry and Meghan will just continue to live their lives. Haters gonna hate.

Hollywood's Meghan Markle Backlash
This article made me chuckle as it shows some folk are really pressed that a mixed race and not so famous actress is about to be royalty.

Totally bogus article imo. Nothing I can relate to anyway. It looks made-up. No one real is quoted. Click bait? Playing to the lowest denominator? I'd say playing to illusions people have regarding 'Hollywood'. JMO. :cool:

I think the Daily Star tabloid is exaggerating. Plus, the Town & Country commentary is somewhat tongue-in-cheek. Let's remember that Meghan moved from LA to Toronto in early 2011 to start filming Suits, after she'd landed the role in 2010 and filmed the pilot in New York, which was picked up by USA network. Whatever set of friends Meghan had in LA were mainly old school chums and former hubby Trevor's crew, plus work colleagues from various jobs on unsold pilots, and from cameo roles in movies and tv series. After moving to Toronto, Meghan may have understandably lost touch with some of her old h.s. friends, and also with Trevor's crew after their marriage fizzled. I think Meghan's current set of acting friends developed as she achieved success on Suits and she became more visible at premieres and events in LA, New York, London, Chicago, Miami, and Toronto. Also important to remember is that Meghan has never been solely interested in acting. She's also never been part of the frivolous Hollywood party set. As Meghan famously said: "I never wanted to be a lady who lunches. I want to be a woman who works."

Meghan has maintained close girlfriends from her college days, including Lindsay Roth. Priyanka Chopra became a chum, plus Meghan's castmates on Suits are all very good friends, especially Rick Hoffman, Patrick J. Adams, and Sarah Rafferty. Around 2014, Meghan met and befriended Serena Williams at a basketball charity event. I think Meghan's set of influential friends in Toronto and London began to grow after she met stylist Jessica Mulroney on the set of Suits. Jessica possibly introduced Meghan to the Trudeaus, but then as a local celebrity, Meghan had an easy entree to all the fashionable and well-connected movers and shakers in Toronto. When Meghan launched the Tig, and was contacted by the U.N., she met more acquaintances in the humanitarian and diplomat realm, as well as meeting new friends of all kinds in the food, fashion, travel and beauty industries. Socialite and former actor, Olivia Palermo, is also reportedly a friend of Meghan's.

I believe Meghan met Markus Anderson of Soho House in late 2013 or early 2014. He is an extremely close friend (like an older brother) who surely introduced Meghan to all the right people. He's the ultimate insider's insider and he's been described as a stylish tastemaker. He's also a very knowledgeable yet discreet, behind-the-scenes mover and shaker. Markus & Meghan obviously have been close companions over the years, attending fashion and charity events together, as seen in fun pics posted on Meghan's former Instagram. Markus apparently is responsible for introducing Meghan to designer, Misha Nonoo, at a charity event in Miami in late 2014. Misha has said she took to Meghan immediately (Misha is Jewish and she was born in Bahrain).

Therefore, outside of Meghan's Suits castmates/producers and a few friends like Priyanka (a former Bollywood actor, born in India), Meghan is not really part of the celebrity Hollywood set. She achieved fame and success in Toronto, so most of her friends are cosmopolitan Toronto, New York, and London elite, as well as designers, musicians, artists, philanthropists, photographers and fashion industry insiders. Meghan's London set of friends include the British actor Millie Mackintosh, among other Britishers, some of whom Meghan probably met via Markus (who although he's Canadian, made his mark moving up from waiter to the chief executive's right hand man at London's Soho House, an exclusive members only club for actors, artists, designers and well-heeled professionals). Meghan met Markus when he opened Toronto's Soho House.

Very interesting tidbits about Meghan/Harry's current lifestyle when they aren't attending public engagements:
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's daytime routine | Daily Mail Online

Apparently beagle Guy has sufficiently healed, and he has been seen being walked by Meghan & Harry on the grounds of Kensington Palace.

Last edited:
Reactions: ACO
Totally bogus article imo. Nothing I can relate to anyway. It looks made-up. No one real is quoted. Click bait? Playing to the lowest denominator? I'd say playing to illusions people have regarding 'Hollywood'. JMO. :cool:

I completely agree. I highly doubt the writer of this article met anyone or any publicist. The only named source is that crazy instagram account. All this 'info' can most likely be found on the mist insane part of tumblr, who have all kinds of conspiracy theories going on.

A closer reading of the Town & Country article I think shows that it's been written with a sense of ironic humor. I'm sure that there are a lot of jealous people pondering what makes Meghan so special, but then such people are not only in Hollywood. :lol:

The anonymous casting agent mentioned in the article is said to have asked, "What did we miss?" First of all I think that although Meghan was a 'working actor,' meaning a 'struggling actor' who had to work other jobs to make ends meet, she still was not your average 'working girl actor.' She was not happy with her decorative 'girly' role on Deal or No Deal. She probably took the role in order not to starve. Once she saved some money and learned what she wanted to do and what she did not want to do, she set her sights on going after the type of work that would help her carve out a successful acting career.

When she met Trevor, perhaps he had some connections. But it was Meghan herself who had to display the talent to actually land work. Another important thing is that Meghan seems to absorb lessons like a sponge. She's spoken about receiving advice from a casting agent who did not hire her. The casting agent told Meghan to be herself. She said, "You're enough." Meghan never forgot those wise words of encouragement. When Meghan made the decision to close down her Tig blog last year, she told her fans and followers: "You my friends, you are enough."

A broadcaster friend of Harry's recently said of Meghan, "She's warm and friendly. Of course she must have faults because she's human, but it's hard to see what her faults are." I take that to mean Meghan in personal interactions is a positive, kindhearted person with a generous nature. Despite having been an actor, she's not full of herself. We know from the 20/20 profile on ABC, that's how Meghan has always been growing up in L.A. Her caring qualities are attested to by her high school teachers. She cares about other people, which is what she learned from her mother. From both parents I think she also gained her savvy, hardworking self-possession. Partly too it's just who she is. She's a confident, go-getting Leo, and definitely not a pushover. Hollywood is a difficult place for anyone to make it, period. If your background is ethnically ambiguous and eventually discovered to be partly black, it doesn't necessarily make things any easier either (Meghan has never hidden her 'mixed-race' heritage in order to try and get ahead).

So the aforementioned is I think what Hollywood agents missed. Meghan's special qualities flew right over their heads because they weren't paying attention to who she was, aside from the wise casting agent who saw that Meghan in the beginning was trying too hard to be something she was not and gave her some advice. Meghan is a competent, well-trained actor, and she learned as an adolescent what working on a television set is all about: hard work, learning your lines, being prepared for long hours and endless takes. She experienced hard knocks for over half her career auditioning for bit parts and doing calligraphy and other odd jobs to make ends meet. Interestingly enough, Meghan met with success when she moved away from Hollywood. :lucky: By the time she fortuitously landed Suits, she was prepared to succeed. And she greeted her success with gratitude and a desire to share and to give back to others.

When Meghan and Harry first met, it's the caring and the sharing with others that they bonded over and immediately recognized they have in common. Harry even publicly and proudly admitted that when he met Meghan, he told himself, "I have to up my game." Meghan was never a fling. She was always the real deal. M&H coming together seems like fate.

The ending of the article points out that despite people being jealous and covetous, most of them admittedly would not really be cut out for life as a British royal princess married into the firm. Conversely, Meghan seems perfectly and authentically suited for the role. Plus, she and Harry are actually in love. Trying to purposely land a prince is not a very productive way to spend one's time. ?

Harry reportedly was having trouble finding the right person until he met Meghan, and as Harry told us, "the stars aligned." Jaded Hollywood need not bitterly fret about what was missed, nor jealously ponder why Meghan is the One for Prince Harry. Tinseltown has absolutely nothing to do with this magical romance!

:twohearts:

Last edited:
There seems to be alot of why HER and not me going on. These people do not understand the meaning of falling in love. They lecture Harry on his choice as if he should find the perfect checklist bride. Love does NOT work that way. Look at Prince Charles who chose the perfect checklist bride and it ended up hurting so many people. Life and love are never perfect. Marry the one who is truly in your heart and not who people want you to marry. All of the European royals have married from the heart, the current crown princesses/Queens include a divorcee, a single mother, an foreigner whose dad unable to attend the wedding for political reasons. They could of chosen the perfect checklist bride but did not. I hope Harry and Meghan have a chance to talk to these couples who made similar choices.

Last edited:
All of the European royals have married from the heart, the current crown princesses include a divorcee, a single mother, an foreigner whose dad unable to attend the wedding for political reasons. They could of chosen the perfect checklist bride but did not.

Two of those women are actually the Queen in their country now--Letizia and Maxima.

There seems to be alot of why HER and not me going on. These people do not understand the meaning of falling in love. They lecture Harry on his choice as if he should find the perfect checklist bride. Love does NOT work that way. Look at Prince Charles who chose the perfect checklist bride and it ended up hurting so many people. Life and love are never perfect. Marry the one who is truly in your heart and not who people want you to marry. All of the European royals have married from the heart, the current crown princesses/Queens include a divorcee, a single mother, an foreigner whose dad unable to attend the wedding for political reasons. They could of chosen the perfect checklist bride but did not. I hope Harry and Meghan have a chance to talk to these couples who made similar choices.

ITA, especially with the highlighted parts of your comments. ?

Real love is rare and special in this world. But the main thing is that love is never easy either. I think that love is actually what we're here for, but the world is completely caught up in too many negative emotions.

Exactly right that 'life and love are never perfect.' Harry and Meghan went through a lot of growing up and facing challenging personal issues before they ever met. It seems that when they met, it was the right time for both of them. Like Harry said, "the stars aligned."

Their love story is not really a fairytale either. It's more like a modern, grounded, mutually giving and adventurously fun relationship. The difference being that both have led high profile lives, especially Harry for his entire life. The other difference is how much they both care about giving back to other people less fortunate than themselves. Harry & Meghan may enjoy the best of everything and what looks like a charmed existence, but everything in life comes with a price. They've both lived and loved before and paid the price of having to face challenging obstacles and identity crises. Now, having fortuitously met at this stage of their lives, it appears they are ready to take on the world together. What they are taking on with courage and grace includes the pesky media and the downsides of being royal and in the high-profile sphere of public consciousness 24/7.

Meghan is a positive, giving person and apparently Harry feels lucky to have her. Meghan obviously feels the same way about Harry, since she said at a red carpet event that she felt like "the luckiest girl in the world." She voiced those words several months after meeting Harry, but before the news they were dating became public.

I think that Harry and Meghan are experiencing much more worldwide scrutiny than did Letizia and Maxima. But yes, it is interesting and I would say fortunate for all involved that members of modern royalty are being allowed to marry for love.

Last edited:
A comment piece from the New Zealand Herald. Meghan seems to divide opinion between people who really like her and those who don’t. Not much middle ground.

I have a thing about Meghan Markle.

I don't trust her.

It's a theory based on nothing more than gut instinct. Here's the thing - she feels fake. Opportunistic. Like she's there for the wrong reasons.

Let's look at the evidence.
Read more : Kate Hawkesby: I don't trust Meghan Markle - NZ Herald

Does anyone care what Kate Hawkesby (whomever she is) thinks about Meghan?

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom