The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 02:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

They have said she will be flying in and out of the country prior to her marriage in order to see friends/family.

LaRae

Old 11-28-2017, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think Meghan needed to explain any more why Bogart isn't coming to UK. He's in a good home, well taken care of. That's all that matters. Meghan doesn't owe the public any explanation about it, and prying for more info would be intrusive.

Old 11-28-2017, 02:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
Honestly knowing how big the brits are about animal welfare, if he really was unable to join her in the UK due to health reasons she should have been the one to say it during the interview and not leave the PR team to handle it. her dog, her responsibility to provide the explanation.
Oh. My. Lord. Her "responsibility to provide the explanation"? Seriously? She doesn't have to "provide" anything to anyone. It's her dog and from what information we have, he's well taken care for. Really, it's her private life, why should she have to say anything about him..?
Old 11-28-2017, 03:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

The engagement interview was about them, not about Meghan's pets. They were so kind to give a short explanation on their status (one in the UK, the other stayed in Canada) but moving an animal internationally might be worse from the perspective of the pet than leaving him/her at peace in a new home that he is already familiar with - as she has been gone a lot for the last year and a half. Moving a very sick pet to a different continent might be the best for/from the perspective of the pet owner (I am sure Meghan would have loved to have him with her) but not necessarily the best for the pet him/herself. It would be really hard to judge from the outside. I assume Meghan sought advice from the veterinarian and was advised not to move one of the two - and did what was best for the dog, not necessarily for her.

Unfortunately, my sister recently experienced that moving a pet (cat) is not without risks when their (seemingly completely healthy) cat died a few days after being moved (probably because of shock) - nobody even thought that might happen but it did.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I don't think Meghan needed to explain any more why Bogart isn't coming to UK. He's in a good home, well taken care of. That's all that matters. Meghan doesn't owe the public any explanation about it, and prying for more info would be intrusive.
Being married into or soon to be married into the BRF, one thing that I have learned is that your life is no longer your own, the only thing we really don't know about them is how many times they use the loo, what side of the bed do they sleep on, what is for breakfast.......yet having a furbaby which is Meghan's and she has had him long before Harry, yes it is her responsibility to not just take care of him but as now being in the public eye to let others know what happened to him for he has been a part of her life on social media and any thing that would happen to him would be of interest to those that are and have furbabies in their lives, like I do.

For me personally I would move heaven and earth for Payton, nothing comes before him in my life, nothing.....and I am sure it breaks Meghan's heart to leave him behind for after all he was there for her during good times and not so good times. If he has some type of illness that say he would not survive a long trip on the plane, ( I have taken all my dogs except Payton on very long air line trips across the US and Back) I can understand that. Dogs are just like us so called people, they have deep feelings of being abandoned and left behind, they suffer loss of another pet that is their companion like we suffer lose of a human, all animals are in a sense human like us 2 legged creatures, thing is they just look different and talk different yet we are all the same. If only more so called humans would truly understand not all creatures have to be like us so called 2 legged creatures for that is just what we all are.....creatures of this earth.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Well. We do know that the Queen eats cold cereal out of tupperware boxes in the mornings.

I honestly believe that when it comes to furbabies, Meghan is among those that considers the adoption of one right up there as with adopting a child. I also believe that whatever decision she had to make, it was with Bogart's best interest at heart. Sometimes those decisions aren't the happiest ones for ourselves but the true parent opts in favor of the child.

I don't believe she has the obligation to inform all and sundry of each little decision she makes either. Most likely, if she did have to leave Bogart behind, its a raw, emotional thing for her still and not quite that easy to talk about. She knows Bogart is in the best place for him and is happy with the people he is with and has bonded to them so all is well.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 11-28-2017, 06:48 PM
Royal Highness

In my comment I never said Meghan had to tell of her every decision to the public, Bogart was with her on all social media, that was her choice to do that, and there are lots of people that relate to furbabies like you do as I do, so when something happens to one furbaby then those that have seen that on social media would take notice and wonder what was up.....if Bogart and his pictures were never on any social media of Meghan's then nothing would need to be said.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Last summer there were several photos in the Daily Fail of Meghan taking Bogart to his veterinarian appointments. My hunch is that poor Bogie is not in the best of health, and a move to a new climate and country followed by six months in quarantine would be too much for him.

If Meghan is anything like me, being separated from her pet must be breaking her heart but she has the comfort of knowing that he is not stressed and is being cared for.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-28-2017, 06:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
We have to remember too that this was their engagement interview and there were too many other things to focus on and other questions to really go into detail about Bogart. It may turn out that more information is forthcoming as you said, there's an interest in both of her dogs. Perhaps she'll be asked about Bogart on one of her walkabouts and volunteer more information. Its possible.

All this could get Camilla to start goading Meghan towards a new rescue furbaby. If Ellen could do it, Camilla can too.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 11-28-2017, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
Being married into or soon to be married into the BRF, one thing that I have learned is that your life is no longer your own, the only thing we really don't know about them is how many times they use the loo, what side of the bed do they sleep on, what is for breakfast.......yet having a furbaby which is Meghan's and she has had him long before Harry, yes it is her responsibility to not just take care of him but as now being in the public eye to let others know what happened to him for he has been a part of her life on social media and any thing that would happen to him would be of interest to those that are and have furbabies in their lives, like I do.
I honestly don't think Meghan has any responsibility in informing us why her dog can't travel across the pond. The Queen doesn't inform us when one of her corgis passes away. She's already said that he's staying with close friends and that should be enough. I don't know why some on here jumped to the worse conclusion about her abandoning him when she's brought Guy over. Obviously, something is different in their situations. I think we should really be careful about this issue. I'm sure it was a difficult decision for Meghan and it does hurt even when you know it's for the best. Let's try not to pour salt onto the wound.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:12 PM
Nobility

I found it interesting that Meghan pronounced 'aunts' (as in Harry's aunts) in the English way, rather that the American pronunciation 'ants'.

Regarding Bogart, I'm sure Meghan made the best possible decision; she seems a very loving and kind person. FUrbabies are always difficult; i myself have had to take my feline friend many times to the vet in the last couple of months, and he HATES to go; he howls and cries and is enormously distressed, but it's the best thing for him, and because of his 'mean mummy' he is now still alive (and happy) to tell the tale.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcDqAfnh84i/

Who'd of thought .....
Old 11-28-2017, 07:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
I get what you're saying but I still say she won't do it. But we'll see Anyway, from now until 5 years after they are married she is 100% American!! We'll see what SHE decides at that time. So, until then, point is moot and not worth debating.
She'll always be 100% American. Changing citizenships doesn't change you culturally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Love it!!
Old 11-28-2017, 07:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
It is an amazing photo of a young girl who’s on her way to becoming a princess in that big house behind her.

It goes to show you that our paths are already carved for us...we just travel the journey.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-28-2017, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
I found it interesting that Meghan pronounced 'aunts' (as in Harry's aunts) in the English way, rather that the American pronunciation 'ants'.
only some Americans prounce it the way you think. It is very regional.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
We say it both ways, or at least I've heard both quite frequently.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
only some Americans prounce it the way you think. It is very regional.
When saying the word "aunts" I know lots of people who say "onts" instead of "ants." It's pretty common in my part of the States.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Toast View Post
When saying the word "aunts" I know lots of people who say "onts" instead of "ants." It's pretty common in my part of the States.
One side of my family (New England/New York) say "ont" the other side (eastern Midwest) say "ant."
Old 11-28-2017, 08:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post

One side of my family (New England/New York) say "ont" the other side (eastern Midwest) say "ant."

The traditional New England pronunciation is the closest in the US to British English phonology, but some of the younger generation seems to be losing it.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
That isn't the American pronunciation. It's one of the ways it's pronounced here. In my area of New England, we all say aunt, not 'ant'.

Closed Thread