Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have an opinion as to why Meghan wasn't included last night?

Meghan will not be in every one of his engagements. They'll be a few carefully selected once for her to attend as her introduction to the public. And she's in LA.

Last edited:
They've already said she will be busy and in and out of the country prior to the wedding...and it's a lot to toss onto someone a week after an engagement (diplomatic dinners). She'll be going to various training sessions (security etc) too.

LaRae

Does anyone have an opinion as to why Meghan wasn't included last night?

Don’t think Meghan is in the UK at the moment.

They've already said she will be busy and in and out of the country prior to the wedding...and it's a lot to toss onto someone a week after an engagement (diplomatic dinners). She'll be going to various training sessions (security etc) too.

LaRae

I think she meant the carol? Harry wasn't even at the diplomatic dinner.

I assume since she is spending Christmas with Harry, this is a chance to get to LA and spend time with her mom and longtime friends, especially her friend who recently had a baby. Wonder if Harry has been to California?

I assume since she is spending Christmas with Harry, this is a chance to get to LA and spend time with her mom and longtime friends, especially her friend who recently had a baby. Wonder if Harry has been to California?

I've seen it said by some of the royal watchers it's possible she's going (with Harry) to LA after Christmas.

We don't know if Harry has been to LA yet or not...just that he's spent time with her Doria ...not sure where!

LaRae

Don’t think Meghan is in the UK at the moment.

I had no idea she had left. Do you happen to remember where you read this, or do you have a link? I guess I need to pay more attention!

I don't think it has been announced.

LaRae

Royal Central chiming in about Meghan staying at Sandringham for Xmas with Harry, plus comments from Charlie Procter about it. They say Harry and Meghan will fly off on Boxing Day to spend New Years Day with Doria.

Meghan Markle to spend Christmas with The Queen at Sandringham – Royal Central

Meghan being with the Queen on Christmas sends a definitive message to the tabloids that we approve of her, of their relationship and she will become one of us. They are circling the wagons.

While it's very possible that is why. There could be another layer to it. As much as I hate to say this, but Prince Philip is 96 and Queen is 91. It might be that Harry would like to celebrate with both Meghan and his grandparents, and another Christmas together isn't guaranteed. Again, I hate to say it, but it would be something I'd think about if my grandparents are that age. I think it's probably a combination of things, but it definitely sends a message.

It’s been said that the ladies wear tiaras at the Christmas Eve dinner. Will Meaghan wear one, or is that only for married women?

I think there used to be a rule about only married women wear tiaras...I have no idea if that holds true still or not. But if one is needed I'm betting she can borrow one!

LaRae

All of these articles are emerging w/ the schedule for the days of Christmas that the Royal family follows - but I seem to recall they go to church 2Xs, once before breakfast and once after - am I remembering incorrectly?

US Weekly is saying that Meghan is visiting her mother in LA. I do think this favours the option of her being back in the UK for Christmas proper. ��

I think there used to be a rule about only married women wear tiaras...I have no idea if that holds true still or not. But if one is needed I'm betting she can borrow one!

LaRae

I just checked Debrett’s, and it still says that a woman first wears a tiara as a bride, so Meghan will have to settle for a sprig if holly in her hair this year.

She also won’t get her breakfast on a tray in her room until she’s a married woman. She’ll have to wander down to the dining room. Odd little traditions but it makes things different doesn’t it?

LaRae

Tiaras were worn to dinner during the reign of George V on back, but I’m not sure The Queen has kept this going. I just think it’s just suits and dresses for Christmas dinner at Sandringham.

LaRae

Princess Margaret worn tiaras before she was married.

All of these articles are emerging w/ the schedule for the days of Christmas that the Royal family follows - but I seem to recall they go to church 2Xs, once before breakfast and once after - am I remembering incorrectly?

That is true. For year, the public didn't know about that, so they would only catch the royal family walking to church for the later service. But now the earlier service is no longer a secret.

She also won’t get her breakfast on a tray in her room until she’s a married woman. She’ll have to wander down to the dining room. Odd little traditions but it makes things different doesn’t it?

Is that applicable to unmarried men too? Because I'm having a hard time thinking they'll bring Harry's tray up, but not her. :lol: I'm sure in those day, the engaged couple didn't stay in the same room either.

Last edited:
Princess Margaret worn tiaras before she was married.
I think the no tiaras rule applies to those marrying into the family not born princesses (although Máxima wore a small one to the wedding of Haakon and Mette Marit) and of course Carina Axelsson has been wearing one for quite some time now.

Is that applicable to unmarried men too? Because I'm having a hard time thinking they'll bring Harry's tray up, but not her. :lol: I'm sure in those day, the engaged couple didn't stay in the same room either.

Based on Downton Abbey, my impression is that men are always expected to come down, whether married or not.

Men always eat their breakfast in the dining room in a traditional country house set up. They also aren’t waited upon and have to serve themselves from a buffet style breakfast. It’s considered bad form for a man to expect to be waited on at breakfast.

I also believe she isn't in the UK right now. I think she would have attended the van Steubenzee carol service if she was.

Meghan Markle Is Back in L.A.: How She Keeps in Touch With Prince Harry | E! News Canada

Seems a few sources saying she is in the US. Suggestions of course Christmas in the UK (breaking the have to be married barrier for the first time), and a vacation after Christmas. Honestly still waiting for confirmation from an actual source on the Christmas thing.

Of course the Fail would try and spin it to look like Harry is hooking up with ex. Only engaged less then two weeks and they are already trying to start talk.

Both Harry and Cress seem to have found the right people. But of course any time their other half is not glued to them, rumors must be spread :bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom