Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Current Events 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the protective reaction too...and that has to be such a confident feeling for Meghan knowing he is there.

I tried to make out what the RPO said to the photographer but the accent when he's turned away is too much for me to make out!

LaRae

It sets a good precedent too. Harry has left the media in no doubt. They’ll be accessible and they’ll be fair in what they give but there’s a line and he won’t have it crossed.

Absolutely. They are smart to draw that line in the sand.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Meghan Markle is presented with flowers as her and Prince Harry meet... Stock Footage Video | Getty Images
Did anyone else catch this yesterday? Around 1:11 we see Harry get after a reporter and block his access to Meghan (saying something like That's enough of that)..then the bodyguard has an exchange with the photographer. It's nice to see that protective nature. LaRae

I actually didn't see the photographer being a problem. Puzzle. In the end Harry just squired her to another area which he could have done without being confrontational. I think it was an uncomfortable moment and needless. JMO.

BTW I noticed that they had actually color-coordinated to the extent that her skirt matched the color of Harry's scarf. :flowers:

I don't think we saw what happened to cause the comment and blocking done by Harry. We hear him say That's enough of that...but we only see the end part.

LaRae

I don't think we saw what happened to cause the comment and blocking done by Harry. We hear him say That's enough of that...but we only see the end part.

LaRae
Agreed. It was obviously that there were footage cut in that video between when the photographer put his camera to the other side over the guy with the rolling camera and when Harry told him to cut it out.

But either way, I do think it's good to always keep photographers in check in terms of aggressive behavior. They'll only get worse if they get away with it once.

LaRae

And I HIGHLY doubt Harry would confront a photographer without a valid reason during his and Meghan's first engagement.

And I HIGHLY doubt Harry would confront a photographer without a valid reason during his and Meghan's first engagement.

Maybe some one has a clip of what happened and will eventually post it. I don't think he would do it without good reason either. There are no other known incidences just that one. They were fine with all the other cameras even those fairly close. So, IMO, the guy must of done something aggressive or out of line to spark that response and then the involvement of the RPO.

LaRae

I think the engagement was a success. Harry and Meghan were warm and engaging when meeting people and Meghan breaking off shows she can handled a walkabout on her own.

Will H & M attend church services tomorrow or attend Christmas services? Will they go to L.A. for Christmas to spend it with her mom?

Where do you guys hear Harry’s voice?
I looked and listened to those seconds a few times but all I can hear are the people around the guy who is taking this video.

Agreed. It was obviously that there were footage cut in that video between when the photographer put his camera to the other side over the guy with the rolling camera and when Harry told him to cut it out.

But either way, I do think it's good to always keep photographers in check in terms of aggressive behavior. They'll only get worse if they get away with it once.

That's what I'm seeing as well, there's a jump in the footage so something is missing.
There were two long lensed photographers and the one that was reprimanded was getting in everyone's face around him. I'm not even sure it was entirely about Meghan since we don't see what all happened.

Where do you guys hear Harry’s voice?
I looked and listened to those seconds a few times but all I can hear are the people around the guy who is taking this video.

Start around 1:10 and listen.

LaRae

Which video is that of the ones on your link?

It should open to the video in question.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
The photographer didn't seem like a pleasant person and some of the paps are known to say nasty or outrageous things just so they can snap a visceral reaction of anger, hurt, shock, etc. so we don't know if it was what he was saying or doing.
Oh duh! Sorry!

LaRae
Well, I wasn't very clear as to whether I meant how quickly she jumped in the deep end with a walkabout or how long after the engagement sh did her first public engagement. :bang:

Apologies to those I confused.

Maybe some one has a clip of what happened and will eventually post it. I don't think he would do it without good reason either. There are no other known incidences just that one. They were fine with all the other cameras even those fairly close. So, IMO, the guy must of done something aggressive or out of line to spark that response and then the involvement of the RPO.

LaRae

It looked like this guy had drawn the attention of both PH and the RPO about the same time. From what we can see he was being very pushy with the people around him in order to get a better shot to the point that he could have easily knocked someone in the head. I think maybe it had nothing to do with Meghan (other than being the subject of the photo) and everything to do with the safety of the people in the crowd.

Well, I wasn't very clear as to whether I meant how quickly she jumped in the deep end with a walkabout or how long after the engagement sh did her first public engagement. :bang:

Apologies to those I confused.
The confusion was actually about the duration of the walkabout (is 20 minutes fast or have there been faster walkabouts?) Although you probably would have said 'shortest' in that case... :flowers:

Lovely tidbit. It's this touch that has always made Harry IMO stand out among the younger RF and I am happy to see Meghan being as thorough too. Also, representation matters! This is why we must we brave enough and thoughtful enough to discuss race in regards to Meghan, her story and what she represents.

On BBC Breakfast Lizzie Jordan, HIV campaigner, today told how Meghan instantly knew who she was & her story as Lizzie and Harry were in the same documentary and she had seen it.

Lizzie hadn’t met either before but was in the same documentary as Harry. Meghan touched Harry’s arm and sort of said “we know her from the programme you were in” and told Lizzie how they remembered her story from there. Lizzie said she was really surprised by this because she didn’t expect it all and was impressed by Meghan’s general knowledge. She said Harry and Meghan were really tactile with each other. Her 12 year old son, who is also bi-racial, was with her and he was really excited too to meet them and obviously Meghan in particular.

That’s just one of many comments from yesterday that told how Meghan was really prepared and how she knew about the issues and projects. Clearly did her homework and her and Harry have talked a lot about their respective charity work.

:previous: Nice little tidbit indeed :flowers:

Proof of what they said in interview, they really are interested and bonded over each other's passions. Great to see Meghan has actually watched some of his interviews and such, and she recognized the woman.

I think they will make a great team. Harry is truly his mother's son, his connecting with people (I see more Charles in William) and his passion. I have good hope that Meghan will be a good match for that.

Not sure if mentioned, but during the event Meghan was accompanied by Harry's assistant private secretary. She was the woman helping with flowers and such.

Last edited:
With all the discussion about Harry reprimanding a photographer at the walkabout, the thought crossed my mind that Harry is adept. Along the lines even of chewing bubblegum and walking at the same time.

Harry is always 100% involved with the people he's meeting and he makes them feel like they're the most important person in the world when his attention is focused on them. As we've seen too, Harry was very much aware of what was going on all around him and quickly noticed a situation he felt he had to step into and correct. That's some good military training right there.

Almost like "You may not think I'm paying attention but I've got you on my radar and in my sight".

With all the discussion about Harry reprimanding a photographer at the walkabout, the thought crossed my mind that Harry is adept. Along the lines even of chewing bubblegum and walking at the same time.

Harry is always 100% involved with the people he's meeting and he makes them feel like they're the most important person in the world when his attention is focused on them. As we've seen too, Harry was very much aware of what was going on all around him and quickly noticed a situation he felt he had to step into and correct. That's some good military training right there.

Almost like "You may not think I'm paying attention but I've got you on my radar and in my sight".

Or a mom with "eyes in the back of her head." Teeheee. I suspect that nothing that Harry & Meghan's kids get up to will get past their papa.

Whatever it was, he was on top of it that’s for sure.

Or a mom with "eyes in the back of her head." Teeheee. I suspect that nothing that Harry & Meghan's kids get up to will get past their papa.

If they have a daughter, she might be able to get away with everything with Harry. :wub:

Military training and for guys who have been in combat situations you learn to have your head on a swivel. Plus we know Harry is going to be super sensitive to issues with the paps.

LaRae

LaRae

There's this:

It all starts around 6:30, it looked like the photographer in question shoved (?) the guy standing before him, then the RPO said something and after that Harry noticed it and got involved.

I actually didn't see the photographer being a problem. Puzzle. In the end Harry just squired her to another area which he could have done without being confrontational. I think it was an uncomfortable moment and needless. JMO.

BTW I noticed that they had actually color-coordinated to the extent that her skirt matched the color of Harry's scarf. :flowers:

If something is impacting safety of the people, reaction is very much needed. Maybe it was only a squabble between two photographers, but there was a lot of people around and if that escalated, they could've been hurt. So no, I don't see it as a needless moment. Or an uncomfortable one.

King Felipe and Queen Letizia have taken selfies.

But most royals shun away from that. It's associated with celebrities and they want to distance themselves from that since they want to be seen to be above celebrity.

Regarding the selfies discussion, my first thought is that it's actually a security issue. For a selfie, they'd (most likely) be standing where the person is sort of "spooning" the royal and, IMO, this puts them (the royal) in a pretty vulnerable position. I've probably just seen one too many Poirot episodes, but it seems like it would be easy for a nefarious person to injure someone in this position (stab them, poke them, pull them over the barrier, etc.).

Regarding the engagement, I thought they were both fabulous! I absolutely loved seeing them together and felt that all of Meghan's years of being in the public eye and doing her own charitable works really paid off. She seemed quite nervous at first, but soon settled into the rope line. I thought her outfit was great in that it was well put together but didn't pull any attention away from the causes and people they were there to support.

They really seemed to make a wonderful team - their body language was in sync and Harry seemed so proud of the way she was handling her first engagement. I cannot wait to see what comes next! I know Harry has another engagement this week, but does anyone know what else he has coming up so we can guess where Meghan might join him?

They really seemed to make a wonderful team - their body language was in sync and Harry seemed so proud of the way she was handling her first engagement. I cannot wait to see what comes next! I know Harry has another engagement this week, but does anyone know what else he has coming up so we can guess where Meghan might join him?

December is typically a slow month for royal engagements. However, she should be at the Queen's Christmas Luncheon.

December is typically a slow month for royal engagements. However, she should be at the Queen's Christmas Luncheon.

Thanks, jacqui24! :flowers: I wish she'd do another with him before Christmas; it was so much fun!!

Military training and for guys who have been in combat situations you learn to have your head on a swivel. Plus we know Harry is going to be super sensitive to issues with the paps.

LaRae

My exact thoughts when I saw the clip. Harry spotted the guy, kept him in his line of sight while he greeted a few more people and then backtracked to talk to him and point him out to security before BLOCKING him totally with his body between the photographer and Meghan. Meghan looked totally unaware of what was happening.

I think the photographer may have been saying something. Another photographer in front of him turns toward him with a shocked expression.

Lovely tidbit. It's this touch that has always made Harry IMO stand out among the younger RF and I am happy to see Meghan being as thorough too. Also, representation matters! This is why we must we brave enough and thoughtful enough to discuss race in regards to Meghan, her story and what she represents.

Absolutely lovely comment - both in that she was so prepared and also a nice reminder of what her inclusion in the family will mean to so many people.

(Hello! I think we've been PM'ing on another board?? If not...nevermind! ;))

My exact thoughts when I saw the clip. Harry spotted the guy, kept him in his line of sight while he greeted a few more people and then backtracked to talk to him and point him out to security before BLOCKING him totally with his body between the photographer and Meghan. Meghan looked totally unaware of what was happening.

I think the photographer may have been saying something. Another photographer in front of him turns toward him with a shocked expression.

I don't think Meghan knew anything at the time, or if so she didn't appear to notice.

I thought it was great that Harry so obviously blocked him.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom