The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 07:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Meghan handled her first walkabout like a pro. There were times they were close together almost wrapping their arms around each other in the back and there were times when they were in different spots in the crowd. Although I know Harry is going to be super protective of his Meghan, he doesn't have to worry that she can't handle the crowd. They both seem to have wide smiles permanently on their faces and the honeymoon hasn't even begun yet.
It makes you smile just to watch them.

LaRae

Old 12-01-2017, 07:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Btw, she really should get the ring re-sized. I keep noticing how the stones keep rolling to the side in pictures.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

You know though, if she appeared in public w/o the ring...the comments. It is pretty cold out, which makes it more loose too.

LaRae
Old 12-01-2017, 07:22 AM
Majesty

I think it is a weeny bit big for her though. If I were Meghan I'd get it resized. Imagine if she went along a row of people shaking hands and the ring dropped off!
Old 12-01-2017, 07:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Both wearing blue with cream (his scarf and her dress appears to be cream colored)

LaRae
I noticed that too. Very color coordinated.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:30 AM
Heir Apparent

So beautiful a pair ! Such a lovely smile.... I think Meghan is on her way to become my favourite Princess !i
Old 12-01-2017, 07:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
So beautiful a pair ! Such a lovely smile.... I think Meghan is on her way to become my favourite Princess !i
I agree with you. We aint' seen nothing yet. She is definitely a match with Harry in the charisma department.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-01-2017, 07:40 AM
Majesty

Meghan is certainly lovely and has done very well so far today. She's a quick learner I think, and any future mistakes will be quickly ironed out.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Wonderful pictures of very happy couple with the very happy crowds.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-01-2017, 07:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I agree with you. We aint' seen nothing yet. She is definitely a match with Harry in the charisma department.
I think she will be a lot of people's favorite Princess (and Duchess).
Old 12-01-2017, 07:44 AM
Courtier

I think it’s evident that they really are going to work as a team - which is a very very positive sign for the future.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Harry and Meghan Arrival in Nottingham-
https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...rowds?type=raw

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-01-2017, 08:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudete View Post
Full marks to Meghan. It can’t have been easy to be thrown in the deep end like that but she’s handling it so well!
I agree! I think her background literally has made her for this. Her acting experience and red carpet and "public" experience has made her very well prepared to handle things like this - it's old hat to her.

The main thing she's got to learn now are more about mannerisms and protocol... people keep pointing out the hair thing, for one, though I don't mind it.

I honestly cannot wait for her first speech at an event or even another interview. She's so, so good at both. I still sometimes listen to that UN speech she gave - I have a lot of experience with public speaking/storytelling and she's one of the best I've heard from the actress realm.

The BRF couldn't have paid for a better addition to their family.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:38 AM
Royal Highness

Kudos to them ! I was very doubtful about them as a royal couple at first but both of them are so committed to humanitarian work that I have changed my mind. IThey will be a wonderful asset to the family. Their first appearance today is quite reassuring.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:39 AM
Courtier

I think the hair thing was said about the Duchess of Cambridge too (it’s still said in fact) but short of having a Princess Ann haircut, what else can the ladies do?
Old 12-01-2017, 08:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudete View Post
I think the hair thing was said about the Duchess of Cambridge too (it’s still said in fact) but short of having a Princess Ann haircut, what else can the ladies do?
That’s my thing too. These ladies are blessed with a lot of hair. It’s a good thing for future generations considering the boys’ thinning hair.

However, this creates the problem, do you move you hair back or have pictures with hair in your face all the time?
Old 12-01-2017, 08:46 AM
Majesty

Perhaps a pony tail or updo next time.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:47 AM
Courtier

I watched the video of them getting out of the car - the cheering gave me goosebumps.

And - well I teared up. I did. I'm just so proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:
Harry and Meghan Arrival in Nottingham-
https://itnproductions.com/news/vide...rowds?type=raw
Oh God I just choked up again - did you see the watcher with the two flags?!?! One UK flag and the other American flag?

*runs off crying*
Old 12-01-2017, 09:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
Oh God I just choked up again - did you see the watcher with the two flags?!?! One UK flag and the other American flag?

*runs off crying*
I especially noticed that. My thoughts actually were that if the UK had Harry and Meghan around during the time of George III, the US might still be a part of the UK. They're that good. This couple is going to be awesome on the world stage.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-01-2017, 09:26 AM
Majesty

AFAIK, one of Harry's great-great-grondmothers was American, so he has also a 1/16 of American blood in his veins.

Closed Thread