Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Current Events 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meghan handled her first walkabout like a pro. There were times they were close together almost wrapping their arms around each other in the back and there were times when they were in different spots in the crowd. Although I know Harry is going to be super protective of his Meghan, he doesn't have to worry that she can't handle the crowd. They both seem to have wide smiles permanently on their faces and the honeymoon hasn't even begun yet. :D

It makes you smile just to watch them.

LaRae

Btw, she really should get the ring re-sized. I keep noticing how the stones keep rolling to the side in pictures. :lol:

You know though, if she appeared in public w/o the ring...the comments. It is pretty cold out, which makes it more loose too.

LaRae

I think it is a weeny bit big for her though. If I were Meghan I'd get it resized. Imagine if she went along a row of people shaking hands and the ring dropped off!

So beautiful a pair ! Such a lovely smile.... I think Meghan is on her way to become my favourite Princess !i

So beautiful a pair ! Such a lovely smile.... I think Meghan is on her way to become my favourite Princess !i

I agree with you. We aint' seen nothing yet. She is definitely a match with Harry in the charisma department.

Meghan is certainly lovely and has done very well so far today. She's a quick learner I think, and any future mistakes will be quickly ironed out.

Wonderful pictures of very happy couple with the very happy crowds.

Last edited:

I agree with you. We aint' seen nothing yet. She is definitely a match with Harry in the charisma department.

I think she will be a lot of people's favorite Princess (and Duchess).

I think it’s evident that they really are going to work as a team - which is a very very positive sign for the future.

Full marks to Meghan. It can’t have been easy to be thrown in the deep end like that but she’s handling it so well!

I agree! I think her background literally has made her for this. Her acting experience and red carpet and "public" experience has made her very well prepared to handle things like this - it's old hat to her.

The main thing she's got to learn now are more about mannerisms and protocol... people keep pointing out the hair thing, for one, though I don't mind it.

I honestly cannot wait for her first speech at an event or even another interview. She's so, so good at both. I still sometimes listen to that UN speech she gave - I have a lot of experience with public speaking/storytelling and she's one of the best I've heard from the actress realm.

The BRF couldn't have paid for a better addition to their family.

Kudos to them ! I was very doubtful about them as a royal couple at first but both of them are so committed to humanitarian work that I have changed my mind. IThey will be a wonderful asset to the family. Their first appearance today is quite reassuring.

I think the hair thing was said about the Duchess of Cambridge too (it’s still said in fact) but short of having a Princess Ann haircut, what else can the ladies do?

I think the hair thing was said about the Duchess of Cambridge too (it’s still said in fact) but short of having a Princess Ann haircut, what else can the ladies do?

That’s my thing too. These ladies are blessed with a lot of hair. It’s a good thing for future generations considering the boys’ thinning hair. :lol:

However, this creates the problem, do you move you hair back or have pictures with hair in your face all the time?

I watched the video of them getting out of the car - the cheering gave me goosebumps.

And - well I teared up. I did. I'm just so proud.

Oh God I just choked up again - did you see the watcher with the two flags?!?! One UK flag and the other American flag?

*runs off crying*

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh God I just choked up again - did you see the watcher with the two flags?!?! One UK flag and the other American flag?

*runs off crying*

I especially noticed that. My thoughts actually were that if the UK had Harry and Meghan around during the time of George III, the US might still be a part of the UK. They're that good. This couple is going to be awesome on the world stage.

AFAIK, one of Harry's great-great-grondmothers was American, so he has also a 1/16 of American blood in his veins.:D

I'm so proud of them, so happy after all they have been through they are standing tall together! I knew from the start she would be amazing! So glad she gets to meet the REAL people and not those who hide behind anger at the Daily Fail. She mentioned being surprised by the welcome. British people are amazing and have welcomed her with open arms.

Dickie Arbiter tweeted out that he's been getting a lot of questions about whether or not they broke protocol by being tactile. He says there really isn't any protocol on this. It's whatever the couple feels comfortable with.

I really think William, Kate, Harry, and Meghan will be very formidable force for good. The couples are different. William and Kate are more formal in public, and Harry and Meghan appears to be more comfortable with being tactile. They are both good, and it's fitting for the roles they will be performing. It'll give people just enough to both styles.

Dickie Arbiter‏
@RoyalDickie

Had a few enquiries about how tactile Harry and Meghan are in public and are they breaking the rules. There are no rules. Going back to 1981, The Prince of Wales and the late Diana Princess of Wales had their fair share if being tactile in public.Dickie Arbiter added,

Well I would say that was a success. ? Perhaps a few tweaks are needed but for her first engagement, I was rather impressed. Meghan's a natural. And her and Harry just look so great together. Love the color coordination.

Last edited:
I am counting my blessings that I'm retired and can sleep whenever I feel like it and eat dinner at 5am in the morning if its called for and have absolutely no kind of a schedule to keep. Most likely I'm going to hold off sleeping until after the Nottingham visit and like Jacqui, would also love a live feed.

These months leading up to the wedding are going to pass all too quickly methinks. :D

I am so looking forward to retirement!

I watched the video of them getting out of the car - the cheering gave me goosebumps.

And - well I teared up. I did. I'm just so proud.

*runs off crying*

I was just about to comment on the two flags. That is amazing and such a nice touch. I saw several American flags.

AFAIK, one of Harry's great-great-grondmothers was American, so he has also a 1/16 of American blood in his veins.:D

Which great-great-grandmother was that?

But then they face CP Victoria criticisms of the same old ponytail...they're in a no win situation!

I agree Britters. It seems that royal ladies cannot win for trying when it comes to their hair.?

Which great-great-grandmother was that?

It was Frances Worth who was an American socialite and heiress.

Thank you to all who shared videos, photos etc...Looks like a very successful first public outing for Harry and Meghan. ?

I'm impressed. She seems so poised, and Harry seems to have an eye out for her. :D

I have to give Meghan the highest of marks on how she works, boots on the ground, with the security detail. She was able to focus without being distracted by her protective persons. I knew she would nail her "marks" in a walkabout but this is a completely different setting from a film set--very public and highly charged. Her professionalism makes their jobs so much easier. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom