The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 02:23 AM
Administrator

Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy current events: October 2007 - November 2007

Welcome to part 7 of the thread for current events of Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy (renamed from Chelsy Davy News and Photos)

Part 6 covering April to October 2007 can be found here.

¨ ¨¨

Old 10-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Happy Birthday to Chelsy.

PLOT TO KIDNAP CHELSY
Prince Harry’s girlfriend Chelsy Davy is feared to be at the centre of an al-Qaida kidnap plot.
And locals living near the gorgeous blonde student have demanded tighter security to protect them as well.
Chelsy, who recently moved from South Africa to study in Leeds, is said to be a “prime target” for the Muslim extremists.

HUGE CAUTION: the article is from the Daily Star, so...
And I may have deja vu, but didn't they print something like this about Kate around a year ago?

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

I thought the daily mail was silly but this paper is almost offensive (see the pictures next to Chelsy..........
Old 10-15-2007, 01:11 PM

That Daily Star article about the "kidnap plot" is more than absurd. It's insulting.... to the average reader's intelligence, which may be small or may be considerable (I have no idea) but I should hope anyone would feel insulted for being fed such rubbish. It is your God Given Right to feel insulted by this kind of crap.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:02 PM

---> New Picture ? I don't know when it was taken, or where, but I have never seen it and Hola! published it on 22 October.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:21 PM

Picture was taken around 10-08-07. Last time she and Harry were seem out together.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:18 AM
Heir Apparent

It is strange that we haven't seen them together for a long time, maybe they have split up, strange now that she is in London! Maybe Harry didn't want that she moved!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 07:07 AM

Well, Chelsy is in grad school and it is term time, and Harry has been out and about doing many things this month (not all good things, mind you, that naughty khat....)
Old 10-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Good God! She's got a fan site!
Old 10-28-2007, 06:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

BOOZY Prince Harry ran up a sky high £1,567 bar bill on a wild night out with girlfriend Chelsy Davy.

Prince Harry runs up sky high bar bill | News | News of the World

Old 10-28-2007, 06:52 AM

Goodness, NOTW says the tab was 1567 but the Daily Mail reports on the same party here and says the tab was more like 3500. They don't know what they are saying.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:54 AM
Courtier

If he's buying expensive alcohol for a group of people...I believe it getting really high. In LA and NY it's the same, if not worse...LOL
Old 10-29-2007, 01:01 PM
Courtier

I agree, bar tabs can be high, especially if it's a group going out and bottles are purchased. We prefer to do that when we go out, because in the end it is cheaper then purchasing the drinks individually...
Old 10-29-2007, 02:01 PM

No, no, you misunderstand me I think. I don't find it strange at all that he has a high tab. I mean, it's London, and moreover, it's a high end club. Tabs at those places are astronomical. But what is odd is that the two reports are different. One says X amount of pounds, another Y amount. The inconsistency makes it suspicious report to me, and of course that both reports are from very "out there" tabloids.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Boy, I'd hate to have it become MY TURN to buy for that crowd! I'd have to take a 2nd out!
Old 11-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Lonely in Leeds: The REAL story behind Chelsy Davy's miserable university life

It has been lauded for its stylish shops and thriving business culture. Others hail it as the height of urban 'cool'.

Few northern towns have worked so hard or so successfully as Leeds to overturn a grey and uninspiring reputation.
So the city fathers must have been delighted when Chelsy Davy, girlfriend of Prince Harry, chose to go to university in Leeds ahead of other, smarter, destinations.
Like thousands of young people every year, Chelsy was drawn by the prospect of Britain's biggest student city – its 'edgy' bands, jam-packed clubs and an energetic nightlife calculated to appeal to the young Royals and their glamorous outriders.
Even Harry, 23, was said to be impressed by what he'd heard and is believed to have convinced her it was the place to go, although, as we shall see, he has been remarkably reluctant to make the trip north himself. But if the city's reputation has been enhanced by Chelsy's choice, it seems the 22-year-old herself is feeling anything but positive.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-05-2007, 09:10 PM

I have no doubt the Daily Mail dramatizes the reality with their typical style, and maybe the sad photographs are just evidence of her being upset with the paparazzi's attentions, but whatever the reason, she definitely has not seemed happy in photos for many months now. Like I said, maybe it's just that the cameras are catching her in tired and annoyed moments, but be that as it may, there is no mistaking the miserable look in her eyes. If she is not upset because of the press, then it's a personal problem, but whatever it is, it's no mistaking that it's misery. So either she is having a personal problem we don't know about, or she is really pissed off and miserable about the paparazzi, and if it's the "paparazzi theory", then ........ well, that doesn't bode well. But if it's a personal problem, I hope the best for her and I am sorry that she is having such a miserable time. It could be many things, either related or not to Harry, but whatever it could be, it must be serious.... maybe some problem with a relative or a dear friend. Poor Chelsy.... she is not looking happy at all and I hope she is ok. I always did like her.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Homesick Chelsy will hang on in not-so-sunny Leeds says pal

Despite her boyfriend being miles away and the fact that summer is about to begin in her much-missed homeland, Prince Harry's girlfriend Chelsy Davy is apparently determined to complete her two-year stint as a student in climatically-challenged Leeds. "She's going to stick it out. She's not a quitter," a pal says of the homesick 22-year-old.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Commoner

Chelsy is perfectly entitled to feel a little homesick. We all would if we were away from our family and friends. That is not to say that she is not aking more friends, she is probably feeling worried about the friends she makes as they may just be friendly for the sake that she is Prince Harry's girlfriend and may not be truely friends if she were not. She is probably just feeling some trust issues at the moment and the person she seems to be able to trust is Harry himself.

Having said that we haven't seen many pictures of Chelsy around Leeds recently. Maybe this is because of requests to leave her alone. This is therefore allowing her to get on with being as 'normal' a student as possible given the constraints.

On the note that Harry has apparently asked for a transfer up to an army base nearer to Chelsy. If he has I do not see any reason why they cannot allow him. They have forbidden him to fight on the front line and all they seem to be doing now is criticising him for the amount he drinks which is a direct link to not being able to fight with his men as he has nothing to do. He finishes army duties at 4.30pm and he idles the rest of the time away. If he was nearer to Chelsy he would be able to spend more time with her and would probably drink less. It appears to me that he drinks less when Chelsy is around. She has a calming effect on him and he seems to be very protective of her.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
Happy Birthday to Chelsy.

PLOT TO KIDNAP CHELSY
Prince Harry’s girlfriend Chelsy Davy is feared to be at the centre of an al-Qaida kidnap plot.
And locals living near the gorgeous blonde student have demanded tighter security to protect them as well.
Chelsy, who recently moved from South Africa to study in Leeds, is said to be a “prime target” for the Muslim extremists.

HUGE CAUTION: the article is from the Daily Star, so...
And I may have deja vu, but didn't they print something like this about Kate around a year ago?
Thats horrible if it was true, but seriously Chelsy in an al Queda kidnap trap...I really don't think al Queda is thinking about the British royals princes girlfriends. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Philip Elmer-Dewitt, in Time Magazine
Closed Thread

Tags
chelsy davy, prince harry