The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Heir Apparent

They are nice couple but these are not the best photos specially of Harry.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

IMO, you can really see the resemblance between Harry and Charles (and Harry and Philip) in the most recent photos, especially around the nose/eye area...

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 09-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Majesty

Do people in the UK know that "squaw" is a very rude word? I see it pop up in tabloids and magazines. Even MAJESTY has used it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The DM story is quiet funny. The younger members of my family tell me that Thursday is actually considered quite "a big night" amongst young working people..... suggesting that the Daily Mail itself is perhaps a bit out of touch with reality. Harry clarly does not have a 9-5 job when he is on army duty, so the comment about not woring Friday's is completely ludicrous! But I guess it has been the slow season with hardly any royal stories for the last 4-6 weeks over summer, and they have to fill the pages.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Do people in the UK know that "squaw" is a very rude word? I see it pop up in tabloids and magazines. Even MAJESTY has used it.
No, is it? Here it is an American Indian female.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Royal Highness

It's always amusing to read about Harry's familial resenblence to the Windsors in the same papers practically decided his paternity is anything but fromm the Windsor line.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Majesty

It's not used here except as a term of derision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
No, is it? Here it is an American Indian female.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
It's not used here except as a term of derision.
Most americans do not consider the word Squaw as being anything other than a female Native American. Interesting article about the origin of the word. One can only hope that with time unenlightened individuals will perhaps enlighten themselved about the Native Americans enough to only use the word as intended.
Reclaiming the Word "Squaw"
Old 09-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Chelsy the Chav: Prince Harry's girlfriend pictured wearing a baseball cap, tracksuit and tasteless jewelry | Mail Online

I wonder which "public website" these pictures were gotten from? The Mail really is scraping the bottom of the barrel for royal stories these days.

(When I say "scraping the bottom of the barrel," I mean that they don't have any reputable sources, not that the pictures are that bad.)

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 09-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Nobility

A uni student went to a party... This is news to the English media. They obviously never went to school or University.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

I'm wondering about this "tasteless" jewellery which apparently includes - gasp! - hoop earrings. Surely that's enough to disqualify her as a potential royal bride!
Old 09-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Majesty

You actually needed to ask?

Good grief man, hoop earrings, even at a theme party . . . . (gasp) with crimes against fashion on that scale I can only surmise that she is completely beyond redemption.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Courtier

Frankly, what I find more troubling is the fact that obviously a fellow student or acquaintance of a fellow student, who took part in this event, has posted the pics anonymously. I'd probably get paranoid, wondering who it is, wondering where I can go to, when it will happen next.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Majesty

I think Chelsy has made her peace with the consequences of being Harry's girlfriend. There was nothing in the least inappropriate in the photo's or they would have been splashed across the headlines around the world. As Kbear said "A uni student went to a party... This is news to the English media".

She is not stupid enough to really let her hair down at such a "do". She already knows that cellphone cameras are everywhere and the net is forever!
Old 09-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Aristocracy

I do not know but I assume the pictures were taken from facebook like all the other pics of Chelsy partying with her friends that ended up in papers before. This looks like a private pre-party at home not like an "official" student party with many strangers in attendance. Those were probably taken by a "friend" and then posted on facebook or a similar site.
I do not understand why the DM would consider them newsworthy but I guess since there's not much Royal news currently and they apparently didn't land the exclusives of Will and Kate in Salzburg they went with those.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Chav themed parties are pretty standard these days. A friend of mine recently had one of her 30th birthday parties on the same theme.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Aristocracy

I have to write a thank you note to Daily Mail; they have enlightened me that being a chav and wearing a baseball hat at a friend's party is the same thing. Boy, they did have a very slow news day, didn't they?
Old 09-09-2008, 06:08 AM
Commoner

This Chelsy chav story is just another way to fill their papers. Absolutely right, Isana. The DM can't grab exclusives (Salzburg wedding / camera theft), so they print non-news from facebook pictures of Chelsy and James Middleton.

Anyway, more drinking stories about Harry and Chelsy...
3am Exclusive: Prince Harry blasts £5,000 booze in two hours - mirror.co.uk
Old 09-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Majesty

If it's true that Harry spent $10,000 (sorry, no "pound" key here, and so I'm using the North American equivalent) on booze, I'm disappointed in his and Chelsy's behavior. Harry isn't just another rich young man who can spend his money recklessly without people finding out.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Harry isn't just another rich young man who can spend his money recklessly without people finding out.
First of all, I don't see how anyone could have found out exactly how much the bar tab really was. Most places, expecially ones catering to high-end clientelle are very tight lipped on what their patron's spending habits are. Second, it's not a secret that Harry is a rich young man. He doesn't need to pretend penny-pinching. People who have a problem with his being rich should find some other hobby to preoccupy themselve.

The story seems to be an extension of the club visit from last week. Harry looked pretty sober when leaving Boujis, leading Chelsy to the car, and quite steadily in both the photos and videos I've seen. So the claim of being tipsy is just ridiculous.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
(sorry, no "pound" key here, and so I'm using the North American equivalent)
You don't need a pound key, ALT 156 does the trick:

Tags
chelsy davy, prince harry