The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 05:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Kate Middleton advises Chelsy Davy on how to pick her friends | Mail Online

I sure don't believe this article. Must be a slow news day.
The article is so funny. So Catherine and Chelsy might just be friends, they may become sisters in law and because of that Catherine is supposedly mentoring Chelsy.

Now perhaps it is the other way around, perhaps Chelsy is advising Catherine on how to stop the press and some on the internet ripping her apart, what to wear, what not to wear! As for kissing a taxi driver, most of them are

Old 07-06-2008, 07:42 AM
Courtier

I guess with William away it's Harry and Chelsy's turn for some relationship speculation.
Quote:
PRINCE Harry’s lover Chelsy Davy walked out on him in a humiliating public bust-up.
Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Royal row as Harry gets elbow

Old 07-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think the 'Celeb Babes' & 'Video Vixens' rather shows us the sort of outlet this is likely to be. About as believable as the aliens parked in my garden!
Old 07-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Commoner

This part from Mail Online article makes my blood boil.

Quote: 'Kate had to do the same at St Andrews. Chelsy has decided to upgrade from her student digs to a smarter apartment,’ says a source. End of Quote.

So Chelsy isn't able to make her own decisions anymore?
Although I'd love to see Chelsy and Harry marry , I can't stand these endless comparisons between her and Kate. Camilla, or even Zara Phillips, would be far more helpful if advice was needed. It was Chelsy and Harry who helped Kate feel at ease at Peter's wedding.

It's time these reporters in their safe little offices had a good 3 month army stint in Afghanistan.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:31 AM
Courtier

You wouldn't see that at Royal Ascot! Chelsy Davy has a hoot as dozens of men run naked at bizarre race meeting | Mail Online
Old 07-08-2008, 12:10 AM
Nobility

Chelsy's high spirits certainly dull any pain of missing Harry | Mail Online

Chelsy Davy to dump Prince Harry? | Celebrity News | Now Magazine
Old 07-08-2008, 04:14 AM
Aristocracy

And another round of private pictures of Miss Davy makes it to the papers. Maybe Kate was right to advise her to get ridd off some of her "friends". Someone's selling her out and she doesn't even realise it.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Ahhh, they have discovered Catherine won't react, so they are starting on Chelsy.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:09 AM
Nobility

Interesting take on it. But she has to know how pictures like this would make her appear to the public. Just not smart.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent

When you are engaging in harmless fun with a bunch of friends, the last thing you think of is a cellphone camera.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isana View Post
And another round of private pictures of Miss Davy makes it to the papers. Maybe Kate was right to advise her to get ridd off some of her "friends". Someone's selling her out and she doesn't even realise it.
Interesting that that article has now been removed.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
When you are engaging in harmless fun with a bunch of friends, the last thing you think of is a cellphone camera.
When you are dating someone who himself is fodder for the tabloids, you'd better start thinking about it. Unless you really don't mind being plastered all over the Sun and other rags with your legs up in the air or you pretending to kiss your same sex friend -- which I don't get at all. I never pretended to kiss my friends or bite their body parts. What's up with that??? She's been photographed doing that before. A hard head makes for a soft ****.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitude View Post
Interesting that that article has now been removed.
Hmmmm. I wonder why. The Mail has never been known for its sensitivity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise
When you are dating someone who himself is fodder for the tabloids, you'd better start thinking about it. . . . . . pretending to kiss your same sex friend -- which I don't get at all.
I think it's a generational thing. I asked my 27 year old neice about it and she just said "Aunty Marg" in that exasperated/indulgent tone and shook her head laughing.

I just felt older and wiser. No big deal. No sweat. We aren't meant to "get it". "It" belongs to them, they do, and that's all that counts.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise View Post
.......... Unless you really don't mind being plastered all over the Sun and other rags with your legs up in the air or you pretending to kiss your same sex friend -- which I don't get at all. I never pretended to kiss my friends or bite their body parts. What's up with that??? She's been photographed doing that before...........
They are just joking around for the camera. Get a few drinks in people, hand them a camera and you'll be amazed at the pics you'll get.

I think the whole thing is very sad. Chelsy obviously felt that she could be herself and have fun with her 'friends' while photographs were being taken without worrying if they would be sold/given to the press. Clearly she was mistaken and it can't be easy to find out that you can't even trust your friends not to sell you out. I know that I would be feeling very alone right now if I were in her position.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think it's a generational thing. I asked my 27 year old neice about it and she just said "Aunty Marg" in that exasperated/indulgent tone and shook her head laughing.
The worrying thing MARG, is that my 38 year old gave me the same reaction as your 27 year old and I thought he was almost an adult!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
A young game-hunting enthusiast has landed in hot water for getting too close to Prince Harry’s lover, Chelsy Davy..........“Buckingham Palace approached me indirectly. It’s a long story,” he said......
The Times - Palace gets heavy with local Chelsy admirer
Old 07-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I note with erm . . . . interest? that Chelsy has been down-graded from "girlfriend" to "lover".
Old 07-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

So, do we actually believe that Buckingham Palace people got in touch with this kid who reportedly has a crush on Chelsy? I find that a little tough to buy. Surely the palace has more important things to do than play wingman for Prince Harry.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 07-24-2008, 09:56 PM
Aristocracy

Hmmm...

I quote... “Buckingham Palace approached me indirectly. It’s a long story,” he said.

I suspect he's related to Burrell. How many hours of their time did this one get? Lol!
Old 07-24-2008, 10:40 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Ha! It's the "indirectly" that makes it art, Monika!

"Indirectly" ... I have images of a security man in dark sunglasses and a black suit leaving a note on the guy's car windshield or something. Maybe that's what Paul Burrell does now when he's not filming reality TV!

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Closed Thread

Tags
chelsy davy, prince harry