The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 06:43 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Prince Harry splits with girlfriend after five years: British media - Yahoo! News UK

Old 01-24-2009, 07:25 PM
Majesty

If the news is accurate, I hope that the coupe in question parted for good. I happen to think that on and off relationships exhaust both parties.

Old 01-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not a surprise. The relationship had nowhere left to go and it is very unlikely The Queen and the Government would have consented to a marriage, fairly or not, because of her father's ties to Mugabe.

She also is very independent and smart, with a desire to have a successful career. Not exactly ideal traits for a woman marrying into the royal family.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:06 PM

Wow, I feel a bit sad. I was always a big fan of those two, hoping it would lead to marriage.

But as it went on, I could see that it wouldn't. Both seem to have different plans in life, and those plans just didn't cross with each other. I think the relationship ran its course.

I wish Chelsy the best, and I hope she and Harry remain friends.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:24 PM
Serene Highness

If this is true, maybe its temporary. They seem like such a good match personality wise. Maybe they are just taking a break while he does this training.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:01 PM
Heir Apparent

NOTW updated their article and added lots of detail to it. To see it go back a page.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:55 AM
Nobility

If she is truly on track to become a lawyer at a prominent firm, she should have already outgrown Harry. I'm not surprised. I'm no fan of either of them, but I sort of liked that they remained together for this long and had hoped that perhaps they would marry some day. That's still not out of the question, they're young right now and starting out in life. Who knows, down the road they could find their way back to each other again. She'll always have his heart. I'm sure Harry is not used to being dumped. Twice.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:33 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

That's a good point about her career intentions, Luv2Cruise. If she really is committed to the idea of being a lawyer, she had to know that there would be a choice to be made eventually between her career and Harry. I can't see a woman working as a lawyer and married to a senior royal, which is what Harry is/will be someday.

It is unfortunate. They did seem truly in love. Hope the press gives them some space after these initial reports.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 01-25-2009, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator

Well, I hope Harry continues doing well in his career and Chelsy does well in hers and they both end up having successful and happy lives. Hopefully Harry will leave the girls well alone for a couple of years before embarking on another relationship - then maybe he could be posted over to Sweden........
Old 01-25-2009, 07:42 AM
Gentry

this just seems like what they do, they break up, they get back together, they break up again. i am sure they will get back together soon enough. i doubt this is the last we will see Chelsea.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

I just wish them both, the best of luck.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:31 AM
Royal Highness

That's too bad for the both of them. They were a great couple who looked great together. But it seems to be the reality of couples around that age when they reach the 4 years and higher.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:33 AM
Royal Highness

It's a sad day for NOTW and co. They must have funeral directors on staff to help with their orbituaries....I mean articles, and the obligatory photo galleries chronicle the relationship.

Getty Image just set up a Harry/Chelsy split gallery: http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Se...entId=84427500#
Old 01-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Too young I think... such a pity as they were such a good looking couple
Old 01-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Courtier

I always think it a shame when couples end things but if it’s over, it’s over. Hopefully if they are really done for good this time the press will leave them alone now that they have had their big story.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

CHELSY DAVY ROMPE CON EL PRÍNCIPE HARRY DE INGLATERRA

I really hoped that this relationship would have worked out as she seemed to be a really intelligent driven women and from the pictures of the tow together you coudl tell they loved each other - but i guess it wasnt to be but maybe it is a similiar situtaion to that of William and Kate in 2007 so there might be hope yet

Old 01-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Serene Highness

I don't believe it's over. I just have a gut feeling.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Poor Chelsy and Harry.. I've always thought they made a great couple.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
They have apparently split up, apparently they are both happy with the decision and that is all 'we' will know of their relationship (on or off).
Indeed! The 'jury' is still out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I still wish then both every happiness.
Amen to that.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Serene Highness

From the Independent:

Hit & Run: Chelsy – just too good to be royal

Quote:
It is a curious feature of the modern British monarchy that, on the rare occasions it chances upon a new recruit who appeals to the less prudish elements of the public imagination, it does all it can to cast them aside, and banish them from the Royal court...
I don't think Chelsy was pushed out, I think she left on her own terms.
I agree however with the general point that she was of a much higher caliber than Harry (and the other one) but I'd rather see Harry with a woman that will challenge him and push him up rather than with a loyal doormat.

From the Sun:

The future's bright ... the future's orange

Quote:
LOVE-split Chelsy Davy puts on a brave face yesterday — caked in so much make-up she looks ORANGE.
I love Chelsy and all but she looks hilariously bad here. I have the Willy Wonka song running in my head right now.
Oh, at least she looks happy.

Closed Thread

Tags
chelsy davy, prince harry