Prince George of Cambridge, General News 1: December 2014-May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How lovely for your friend. How far away was she from Carole and George? (Just out of interest.) It's nice that they can live "normal" lives in Pangbourne and that they're not instantly recognised by everyone, which I was surprised about because I can imagine that everyone in the UK knows or at least has some idea of who George is. If I saw them in a casual situation like that I'd probably recognise George straight away but it might take me a bit longer to guess who Carole was. I don't think I would go up to them though since they were in a private situation.

It was my sister's friend I don't know her myself. She works in a small shop in Pangbourne and she spotted them out the window across the road. As far as people recognising George goes, as he had on a hat and was wrapped up in his buggy it would be easy for people in the street not to recognise him but the family are a common sight around where they live so I don't think most people would bother them anyway.

but it's handpainted:lol:

The painting on it makes it impossible to regift to anyone and the people in the painting are well recognized and would come to the attention of anyone out doing some serious trash picking.

Best bet would be for some good old fashioned target practice methinks.

I honestly can't say I disagree:

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 9 h 9 ore fa
That said, it does once again highlight how little the British people have seen of the third in line to the throne......

......aside from the day he left hospital, Prince George has been seen only once in public at an unpublicised polo match.

This:

@RE_DailyMail @KateMiddStyle I think it's a little strange when you compare how well Princess Victoria exposes her daughter to the public.

Last edited:
Prince George of Cambridge, General News and Information: December 2014

Most people are never going to see a british Royal in person let alone a toddler one. You see photos and videos. There have been photos of George released after his birth, at Christening, before tour, at his birthday plus at Christmas plus the footage from Australia and NZ.

Other than going out on the balcony for Trooping, what else can George do. He isn't going to put on a top hat and morning dress to attend a garden party.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
The public has seen more of baby George than baby William(who was 2nd in line). To try to compare the reserved/conservative Brits to the " ma casa es tu casa" Swedes is ignorant at best.

George looks the exact same whether he is photographed in Australia, Mustique or Kensington garden.
Unless people think W&K should take George from town to town and gather everyone in the square and introduce him, no one will see George in person anyway.

I think W&K have yet to find the right balance and it's not easy to handle the situation with your kids... But I actually disagree with unauthorized photos of a toddler wherever he is seen...

I honestly can't say I disagree:

That said, it does once again highlight how little the British people have seen of the third in line to the throne......
......aside from the day he left hospital, Prince George has been seen only once in public at an unpublicised polo match.

This: @RE_DailyMail @KateMiddStyle I think it's a little strange when you compare how well Princess Victoria exposes her daughter to the public.

Rebecca has had a particularly ignorant week. She also had quite a twitter rant (trant?) about the new Charles bio. Ho hum. In context, out of context, Rebecca is Rebecca.

She also ignores the times that George has been seen in public like with Granny Carole in Bucklebury, with Kate at the winter fair in Hyde Park and with his parents seeing Santa in Norfolk where people mentioned it on Twitter but did not take photos to sell to the papers. Plus the times in the park where he was papped but the UK papers chose not to run them.

I think W&K have yet to find the right balance and it's not easy to handle the situation with your kids... But I actually disagree with unauthorized photos of a toddler wherever he is seen...

I agree, I think they are trying to find a balance, but I agree we could see a little more of him. I think Victoria and Daniel are a bit more relaxed about Estelle's public appearances.

I guess George will make his (British) public appearance when his sibling is born and for the Trooping of the Colour.

I have to agree a bit with Rebecca English.

Last edited:
I agree, I think they are trying to find a balance, but I agree we could see a little more of him. I think Victoria and Daniel are a bit more relaxed about Estelle's public appearances.

I have to agree a bit with Rebecca English.

I disagree 100%. Toddler George owes the public nothing. He's not even at the age where he can give consent. Thanks to the paparazzi and public appetite, we have seen too much of him.

As for Estelle, I wish her health and happiness, but above all I wish her privacy. Her parents miss the mark on the latter. I like Vic and Dan but they could rein it in a bit.

There is a reason that child stars are more likely to spiral out a control than those who joined the fame train as a adult. We all need normal childhoods for proper mental/emotional development. George deserves the same courtesy.

I disagree 100%. Toddler George owes the public nothing. He's not even at the age where he can give consent. Thanks to the paparazzi and public appetite, we have seen too much of him.

As for Estelle, I wish her health and happiness, but above all I wish her privacy. Her parents miss the mark on the latter. I like Vic and Dan but they could rein it in a bit.

There is a reason that child stars are more likely to spiral out a control than those who joined the fame train as a adult. We all need normal childhoods for proper mental/emotional development. George deserves the same courtesy.

I'm not talking about William & Catherine leaving George in the middle of the street and just allow the press to attack him. I mean that they could figure out an engagement or an outing where it's appropriate for him to be seen. They did so in Australia and New Zealand, they could do the same in the UK.

I agree, George's privacy is very important, but no one is suggesting to over expose the child.

As much as They can ever be normal...Even in the 21 century royalty is a rarified proscribed way of life.Estelle is learning young how she is expected to live as a member of her particular royal family and her parents are wiser for it. George can't be hidden away for his childhood with no experience of crowds, cameras or protocol and then be expected to easily handle it. You need a balance .The Danes do a really good job of both giving thier kids some normalcy and keeping them learning how to be royal in my opinion.

I'm not talking about William & Catherine leaving George in the middle of the street and just allow the press to attack him. I mean that they could figure out an engagement or an outing where it's appropriate for him to be seen. They did so in Australia and New Zealand, they could do the same in the UK.

I agree, George's privacy is very important, but no one is suggesting to over expose the child.

You did suggest it when you agreed with Rebecca English, who wants him to be a show pony to sell her tabloid. If George doesn't do a UK engagement until his teens, that's perfectly fine. In fact it would be downright sensible, not to mention humane.

You did suggest it when you agreed with Rebecca English, who wants him to be a show pony to sell her tabloid. If George doesn't do a UK engagement until his teens, that's perfectly fine. In fact it would be downright sensible, not to mention humane.
Yeah, right...... That will make for an easy transition for him... or not?

The demand for photos worldwide is much greater for William, Kate and George. The NY Daily News isn't going to buy vacation shots of the Swedish CP family but they bought shots of the Cambridges in Mustique.

We never saw a horde of photographers following Daniel to work when he was just dating like we saw with Kate on her 25th birthday. William would have seen the same thing with his mom growing up and he will protect his family within his power to do so.

Rebecca English isn't even whining about photo but George appearing in public. They aren't going to have Come Meet Prince George Day where there is a photo booth and you can take your picture with him like you would with Santa.

Rebecca English don't want Prince George to be a "show pony." She's just stating that the British people and media haven't seen much of him. No one wants the kid to be over exposed to the media.

As much as They can ever be normal...Even in the 21 century royalty is a rarified proscribed way of life.Estelle is learning young how she is expected to live as a member of her particular royal family and her parents are wiser for it. George can't be hidden away for his childhood with no experience of crowds, cameras or protocol and then be expected to easily handle it. You need a balance .The Danes do a really good job of both giving thier kids some normalcy and keeping them learning how to be royal in my opinion.

Then how do you explain celebrities who don't become famous until adulthood. They handle crowds, cameras, and media interest better than those who started young. Politicians weren't running for public office as children either. Children are children, they should be off limits.

He is a future king not someone's 3rd cousin.It does not work that way and it would do George no favors.

Then how do you explain celebrities who don't become famous until adulthood. They handle crowds, cameras, and media interest better than those who started young. Politicians weren't running for public office as children either. Children are children, they should be off limits.
Because they chose and seek out the limelight. Nothing says a child born in royalty has that want/need. It might be better to get them used to it since it will be unavoidable in the future. And we're not saying he should be shown off all the time. Maybe Trooping + one or two closed engagements.

Considering William's loathing of paparazzi and newspapers (remember, at two years old him saying "don't like 'tographers ?), it's going to be difficult to convince him to ease up and let George be exposed to the media frenzy.

He is a future king not someone's 3rd cousin.It does not work that way and it would do George no favors.

So what? Future king or future president or future french horn player, it doesn't matter a lick.

Catherine, Camilla, Sophie, Daniel, Letiza, Maxima, and Mary weren't taught to be royals as children and they are doing a great job. Some would argue that they do a better job than their spouses. :whistling:

Rebecca English don't want Prince George to be a "show pony." She's just stating that the British people and media haven't seen much of him. No one wants the kid to be over exposed to the media.

Did people in the UK not get to see the 4 sets of official photos released by KP? Or the videos from Australia and NZ? I saw them in America. If they take him out on the balcony this year, the view on the TV is going to much better than if you were standing outside the BP gates on the mall.

Exactly.. Those people choose their lives as an actor, singer, sports star. They want it and take to it. For a royal it just is life and to start bit by bit is much healthier both mentally and emotionally than throwing them out there as a teen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom