The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 10:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
You did suggest it when you agreed with Rebecca English, who wants him to be a show pony to sell her tabloid. If George doesn't do a UK engagement until his teens, that's perfectly fine. In fact it would be downright sensible, not to mention humane.
Yeah, right...... That will make for an easy transition for him... or not?

Old 02-03-2015, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

The demand for photos worldwide is much greater for William, Kate and George. The NY Daily News isn't going to buy vacation shots of the Swedish CP family but they bought shots of the Cambridges in Mustique.

We never saw a horde of photographers following Daniel to work when he was just dating like we saw with Kate on her 25th birthday. William would have seen the same thing with his mom growing up and he will protect his family within his power to do so.

Rebecca English isn't even whining about photo but George appearing in public. They aren't going to have Come Meet Prince George Day where there is a photo booth and you can take your picture with him like you would with Santa.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 02-03-2015, 10:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
You did suggest it when you agreed with Rebecca English, who wants him to be a show pony to sell her tabloid. If George doesn't do a UK engagement until his teens, that's perfectly fine. In fact it would be downright sensible, not to mention humane.
Rebecca English don't want Prince George to be a "show pony." She's just stating that the British people and media haven't seen much of him. No one wants the kid to be over exposed to the media.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-03-2015, 10:11 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
As much as They can ever be normal...Even in the 21 century royalty is a rarified proscribed way of life.Estelle is learning young how she is expected to live as a member of her particular royal family and her parents are wiser for it. George can't be hidden away for his childhood with no experience of crowds, cameras or protocol and then be expected to easily handle it. You need a balance .The Danes do a really good job of both giving thier kids some normalcy and keeping them learning how to be royal in my opinion.
Then how do you explain celebrities who don't become famous until adulthood. They handle crowds, cameras, and media interest better than those who started young. Politicians weren't running for public office as children either. Children are children, they should be off limits.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:15 AM
Serene Highness

He is a future king not someone's 3rd cousin.It does not work that way and it would do George no favors.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Then how do you explain celebrities who don't become famous until adulthood. They handle crowds, cameras, and media interest better than those who started young. Politicians weren't running for public office as children either. Children are children, they should be off limits.
Because they chose and seek out the limelight. Nothing says a child born in royalty has that want/need. It might be better to get them used to it since it will be unavoidable in the future. And we're not saying he should be shown off all the time. Maybe Trooping + one or two closed engagements.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:22 AM
Courtier

Considering William's loathing of paparazzi and newspapers (remember, at two years old him saying "don't like 'tographers ?), it's going to be difficult to convince him to ease up and let George be exposed to the media frenzy.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
He is a future king not someone's 3rd cousin.It does not work that way and it would do George no favors.

So what? Future king or future president or future french horn player, it doesn't matter a lick.

Catherine, Camilla, Sophie, Daniel, Letiza, Maxima, and Mary weren't taught to be royals as children and they are doing a great job. Some would argue that they do a better job than their spouses.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Rebecca English don't want Prince George to be a "show pony." She's just stating that the British people and media haven't seen much of him. No one wants the kid to be over exposed to the media.

Did people in the UK not get to see the 4 sets of official photos released by KP? Or the videos from Australia and NZ? I saw them in America. If they take him out on the balcony this year, the view on the TV is going to much better than if you were standing outside the BP gates on the mall.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:24 AM
Serene Highness

Exactly.. Those people choose their lives as an actor, singer, sports star. They want it and take to it. For a royal it just is life and to start bit by bit is much healthier both mentally and emotionally than throwing them out there as a teen.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:24 AM
Majesty

Give him a break. They do release pictures of George on a regular basis. Once he is a bit older, they may start to show him around a bit more. At this stage, IMO, it is unfair to expect that he be put on display in a public situation.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

We've seen George more than William so far and I personally think both Harry and William were overexposed by Diana.

There are 70 plus million people in Britain. What percentage are ever in their lives going to see George in person? To me its just another reason for people to gripe about the Cambridges
Old 02-03-2015, 10:33 AM
Serene Highness

Exactly.. Those people choose their lives as an actor, singer, sports star. They want it and take to it. For a royal it just is life and to start bit by bit is much healthier both mentally and emotionally than throwing them out there as a teen.

Quote:
Catherine, Camilla, Sophie, Daniel, Letiza, Maxima, and Mary weren't taught to be royals as children
And again they chose it. Sophie and Let and Mary(?) were involved in people oriented careers anyway, Catherine, still learning
imo, and Cam were involved in semi royal circles to begin with. Maxima is just an outgoing people person and Daniel just seems so laid back and perfect male consort material. Point is they were already semi ready for their roles.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
We've seen George more than William so far and I personally think both Harry and William were overexposed by Diana.

There are 70 plus million people in Britain. What percentage are ever in their lives going to see George in person? To me its just another reason for people to gripe about the Cambridges
I don't think the amount of times is the problem, but how it was done. They had press meetings and pushed William towards them just for the purpose of pictures. I think William and Kate seem more sensible with this. Personal photographs (released), photographs from a distance (going of a plane) and engagements with an assigned photographer.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent

When you see a royal documentary on TV where they talk to a British Royal they always speak of watching their parents/grandparents carrying out Royal duties as how they learn what to do.

That's is what will happen with George and his siblings. They will watch their parents and learn. Right now, he isn't aware that he is a Prince and a future King. He just a little boy who is maybe going to build a sandcastle on a beach in Mustique today with Mummy and Daddy.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think it would be nice if they put together a little engagement in the summer for Prince George to attend. Perhaps at the zoo or a children's playroom. He may show up to see his sister or brother in the hospital, but I suspect we'll see him on the balcony for the Trooping of the Colour. I think they probably thought he was too young for the flyover last year.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-03-2015, 10:56 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Personally, I think it would be way better to hold off on George making public appearances for a while as he has other things to focus on rather than learning the ropes of being a future king. Like toilet training.

All things in due time.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-03-2015, 11:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think it would be nice if they put together a little engagement in the summer for Prince George to attend. Perhaps at the zoo or a children's playroom. He may show up to see his sister or brother in the hospital, but I suspect we'll see him on the balcony for the Trooping of the Colour. I think they probably thought he was too young for the flyover last year.
Query whether even the Duchess of Cambridge appears for the Trooping and the Garter this year.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
When you see a royal documentary on TV where they talk to a British Royal they always speak of watching their parents/grandparents carrying out Royal duties as how they learn what to do.

That's is what will happen with George and his siblings. They will watch their parents and learn. Right now, he isn't aware that he is a Prince and a future King. He just a little boy who is maybe going to build a sandcastle on a beach in Mustique today with Mummy and Daddy.

Exactly!

Until they are old enough to grasp the concept of royalty and duty, they should be left alone. I'd say between 9-11 years old should be the absolute earliest. Whatever age you would start to take kids to funerals would probably be wise. When you know they have emotional maturity.

Is 1 year old George having an UK engagement really to George's benefit? Or is it to the benefit of certain people in this thread who want to look at cute pictures? I think I know the answer to that question...
Old 02-03-2015, 11:14 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Exactly!

Until they are old enough to grasp the concept of royalty and duty, they should be left alone. I'd say between 9-11 years old should be the absolute earliest. Whatever age you would start to take kids to funerals would probably be wise. When you know they have emotional maturity.

Is 1 year old George having an UK engagement really to George's benefit? Or is it to the benefit of certain people in this thread who want to look at cute pictures? I think I know the answer to that question...
But you learn behavior by watching much, much better when you are young. You will then have it natural and imprinted instead of having to "manually" learn it.

It might not be to his benefit, but not to his harm either. And I think it is a benefit for the monarchy as a whole. The people need to grow up with him, that gives him more leeway when he gets older and does mistakes. If he just shows up as a teen and then start making mistakes (he will, we all do) there will be no sympathy for him. But if the people is there when he grows up they will feel a kind of mothers instinct over him. I think that is beneficial to the institution of monarchy.

Closed Thread