The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 10:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
His Royal Highness is a Royal star in his own right!!
AND Prince George is not even two years old!
A charming little boy indeed!!

Old 01-02-2015, 01:11 PM
Heir Apparent

This is too cute.

Carole Middleton takes Prince George for day out at a farmer's market - hellomagazine.com
Quote:
Doting grandmother Carole Middleton took Prince George on a trip to a farmer's market recently, it has been reported. The mother of the Duchess of Cambridge, née Kate Middleton, took the 17-month-old for a day out near her home in Bucklebury in December, and it wasn't long before he sampled some of the goods on offer.

A witness told People magazine that the young Prince was "trying all the food" and even went back for a second helping of Christmas pudding from one of the stalls.

"It was just really, really sweet. He was just being like a normal toddler is, running around and exploring – he is such a sweetie. He's lovely. A real bundle of fun," they said.

Old 01-02-2015, 07:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is joyous that Prince George went back for a second helping of Christmas pudding.
Without a doubt he definitely likes dessert!!
Old 01-02-2015, 09:39 PM
Aristocracy

Such an adorable baby!
Old 01-05-2015, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince George lands on GQ's best-dressed men of 2015 list
Quote:
At just one year old, Prince George is already being recognized for his sartorial savvy. The son of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (née Kate Middleton) has made his debut on GQ’s prestigious Best-dressed Men 2015 list, coming in at 49th place.

“Already following in the footsteps of his great-great-great-uncle, Edward VIII, and his grandfather, the Prince of Wales, Prince George looks set to become the UK’s best-dressed man,” said the magazine of the toddler.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, it's no longer a serious magazine, is it.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:55 PM
Serene Highness

What?? He's only the 49th best-dressed? This is an outrage, and all baby boys should be rightly angry!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-05-2015, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

I have a feeling about Prince George that when he grows up, he will have quite a robust sense of style about him like the Duke of Windsor did. Charles is quite a snappy dresser, whilst William is more conservative in his tastes (at the moment at least) and we could see all sorts of interesting things from George!
Old 01-05-2015, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I haven't always liked how George has been dressed so far... Sometimes he had dull or old-fashioned clothes... But he is adorable! And he has such cute facial expressions!
Old 01-06-2015, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince George Is Officially a Style Icon: See 7 of His Best Looks – Moms & Babies – Celebrity Babies and Kids - Moms & Babies - People.com
Old 01-14-2015, 06:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I haven't always liked how George has been dressed so far... Sometimes he had dull or old-fashioned clothes... But he is adorable! And he has such cute facial expressions!
It's mostly those black shoes I can't stand that they put him in. Baby William was a better dresser.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 01-15-2015, 07:16 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

As the most recent discussion about Sarah Ferguson's interview in the US was not centred around George, it has been moved to Sarah's current events thread:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...4-a-36224.html
Old 01-16-2015, 12:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince George received 706 gifts from abroad last year, Kensington Palace reveals - Telegraph
Quote:
Prince George amassed a staggering 706 gifts from royal tours overseas last year, official figures reveal - more than seven times as many as the Queen.

The youngest member of the Royal family received 671 presents during his visit to Australia and New Zealand last spring, with the rest given to his parents and the Prince of Wales on other foreign trips.

Among the more exotic items given to the Prince, who is now 18 months old, were a possum skin cloak, an amphibious boat, a personalised surfboard, a rocking horse, two pairs of sheepskin boots and a bike.

The vast majority of gifts, however, were toys, books and clothes, including the cuddly bilby he memorably threw away during a visit to a zoo in Sydney.

In Australia and New Zealand members of the public gave him 249 toys and games, 138 items of clothing, 143 books, 25 pieces of sporting equipment and 11 "household items".
Old 01-16-2015, 08:31 AM
Heir Apparent

I think than more than 700 gifts it's far too much, especially for a toddle: an exaggerate amount of toys which he probably won't even play with.... Hope those gift will be give to some charities or to less fortunate kids...
Old 01-16-2015, 08:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I think than more than 700 gifts it's far too much, especially for a toddle: an exaggerate amount of toys which he probably won't even play with.... Hope those gift will be give to some charities or to less fortunate kids...
My thoughts as well but I understand the want that people have to give him something. I also hope that toys, plushies, clothes and such can get donated but I know there are some tricky things for them consider with the gifts.

The books though I have a masterplan for :P I have had this image of a youth/childrens royal library where they can donate the books they get and also take turn reading to kids there. *dreaming away*
Old 01-16-2015, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

I understand that too, especially on offcial visits people want to give something for the boy... It makes me wonder where all those toys anf gudgets will end up to... 700 items are hard to keep,even in the grounds of Kesington Palace
Old 01-16-2015, 09:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I understand that too, especially on offcial visits people want to give something for the boy... It makes me wonder where all those toys anf gudgets will end up to... 700 items are hard to keep,even in the grounds of Kesington Palace
I agree. I know some things, like flowers, get donated. And when William and Catherine got a Land Rover (Yeah...... from some society I think) if I remember they "loans it" (more like gives it but can't) to some rescue capacity. Don't take me on my word, but something like that. I wonder though about those more "in the middle" gifts.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Not to mention that more gifts will be given as the times goes on... And another child is coming too!
Old 01-16-2015, 09:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Not to mention that more gifts will be given as the times goes on... And another child is coming too!
Yes, yes it is! "Everybody, hold on! A stoooooorm is coming!" :P
Old 01-16-2015, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I agree. I know some things, like flowers, get donated. And when William and Catherine got a Land Rover (Yeah...... from some society I think) if I remember they "loans it" (more like gives it but can't) to some rescue capacity. Don't take me on my word, but something like that. I wonder though about those more "in the middle" gifts.

They were given a Land Rover?! The British Royals all drive something from Land Rover and I believe they have a contract with them, as they do with Jaguar (and used to with Audi), but they still had to pay something for their cars but to be GIVEN one is insane.