The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 10:06 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I don't think that the person who took these photos should have sold them to a magazine - or even given them to the magazine. The market will be there and now that everyone has a camera with them all the time there will be more and more of these sorts of photos - ones that William and Kate don't necessarily approve being taken.

They have decided to release one or two photos a year and not video ever but ... that means that whenever they are in public places the ordinary public will take photos and sell them and sadly that will mean that they will be more hounded than ever Diana was because the royal fanatics will fuel the market - as they did for photos of Diana.

If the magazines and press learnt anything from the Diana years it was that they should only use photos taken on official or sanctioned occasions but this shows that they haven't learnt that lesson - and nor have the public, particularly royal fans who think that this is acceptable.
I agree. I wonder how protection officers with BP/KP will go about handling this new world of technology and cell phone pics going public? We may have our answer, given how Catherine handled this situation so well.
Mara

Old 04-21-2015, 12:49 PM
Gentry

New pic of Kate and George in NYDailyNews from this weekend at Bucklebury Farm Park. His hair is so blonde and curly. ♛ The Cambridges

Old 04-21-2015, 02:19 PM
Commoner

Isn't he simply adorable? Catherine looks well too, maybe slightly tired. I can't help thinking he has hair like his Grandmother Diana.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

OK US has some clearer photos from the farm
Pregnant Kate Middleton Plays With Prince George At The Playground | OK! Magazine

NY Daily News has George on the cover
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDHfbXgVIAE_asm.jpg:large
Old 04-21-2015, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

the photos from the last time at the famr look scarily near... It looks as though the pic was taken by one of the people sitting in the group shot
Old 04-21-2015, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mara View Post
Isn't he simply adorable? Catherine looks well too, maybe slightly tired. I can't help thinking he has hair like his Grandmother Diana.
She was quite mousy when she was young. I think this is Prince Philip's genes here - apparent with Princess Royal's grandchildren too.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...r_1915901i.jpg

http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/wp-...ilip_young.jpg

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-21-2015, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernDayJackieO View Post
New pic of Kate and George in NYDailyNews from this weekend at Bucklebury Farm Park. His hair is so blonde and curly. ♛ The Cambridges
George is adorable indeed. I love his little curls!

This photo appears like it was taken by paparazzi, rather than the photos from George and Catherine's last visit to the farm to see the lambs, which look like they were taken on a mobile.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-21-2015, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince George of Cambridge, General News and Information: December 2014

Peter and Zara like William were also really blonde as little kids. Wills and Peter's hair got darker as they got older. The curls could come from Kate. The teenage photos of Kate shows more curls than she has now.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-21-2015, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
She was quite mousy when she was young. I think this is Prince Philip's genes here - apparent with Princess Royal's grandchildren too.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...r_1915901i.jpg

http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/wp-...ilip_young.jpg
Alot of the Windsor's were tow-headed as children (Anne, Edward, Peter, Zara, Louise and Peter's daughters in the immediate family). The gene perhaps came from Philip although The Duke of Kent's children were all blonde as children so it's in the family somewhere!
Old 04-22-2015, 04:16 AM
Courtier

Warning - small post about pap/general public mobile-phone photos - Ignore my post if you're going to be offended.

Some more photos from the April 19th Bucklebury Farm Park jaunt that the "New York Daily News" has published, are now online.

The Duchess kissing PG, and another of the toddler Prince's profile.

Maybe he has curls, maybe it's windy.

(On my tablet - can't link.)
Old 04-22-2015, 04:33 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Kate & George Enjoy Visit to Bucklebury Farm Park & Prince William Takes Paternity Leave! | News

This includes a picture of Kate and George visiting last year, as well as a new one from 19 April and some we've already seen.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

More photos of Kate and George's visit to the farm.

Kate Middleton and Prince George at the Petting Zoo Pictures | POPSUGAR Celebrity
Old 04-24-2015, 11:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post

Thank you for these new Prince George photos soapstar.

The one where PG looks like he's laughing his head off, realising he's out of reach, is a real delight.

I'm suprised at how many photos were taken on this occasion, and how they keep coming out.

(I recently saw a photo of the Duchess very pregnant with Prince George that a tourist had taken at Kennsington Palace - and read how security had come up and asked them to stop photographing.)
Old 04-26-2015, 07:14 PM
Courtier

Warning - a post about new pap/mobile-phone photos of Prince George - Please ignore this post if such is offensive to you.

New photo on the website of Australian magazine "Woman's Day"- of little PG out and about in his sunglasses.

Dressed in a dark blue knitted hoodie - he is photographed getting in some practise helping out with a pusher.

Some of the other magazine photos are also up on twitter - see Maud Garmy if you are interested.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:40 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Warning - a post about new pap/mobile-phone photos of Prince George - Please ignore this post if such is offensive to you.

New photo on the website of Australian magazine "Woman's Day"- of little PG out and about in his sunglasses.

Dressed in a dark blue knitted hoodie - he is photographed getting in some practise helping out with a pusher.

Some of the other magazine photos are also up on twitter - see Maud Garmy if you are interested.
I haven't seen the photos but from the way you've described them, it sounds like George is going to be a very hands on big brother. I'd not be surprised if George wants to "do" everything for the new baby and can imagine some very loving gestures along with perhaps a few comical ones too.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didnt understand the assignment, and I told them they didnt understand life.
― John Lennon
Old 04-26-2015, 09:06 PM
Courtier

If they're online there's no reason not to look at them.

Prince George reports for big brother duty! | Woman's Day
Old 04-26-2015, 09:32 PM
Royal Highness

He is just too cute! I love the photo with the sunglasses... he looks like such a "cool dude." I don't believe that his hair is as blonde as it seems in the photo that you all are talking about earlier- that photo seemed to have a yellowish tint to it that made the hair seem VERY blonde. George seems to have sandy blonde or light brown hair, and it may grow darker as he gets older.

I feel guilty looking at paparazzi photos of him. I know that William and Catherine want to give him as private/normal of a childhood as possible in a position that is neither private nor normal. George was in the public eye from the day he was born, and he will remain in the public eye until the day (very, very, very far in the future) he dies. However, it is so hard to control the paparazzi. I don't like the fact that normal people are taking pictures of him on their cell phones and selling them to the magazines. It's one thing with paps, but normal people? That's just darn nasty!

I also don't think that William and Kate are being skimpy on the photos of him. Last year we "officially" saw him 3 or 4 times- Australia and New Zealand, his birthday photos, and Christmas photos. I am sure that we will see him that many times this year, through public events or releasing photos: a family picture with his parents and baby brother or sister, the baby's christening, (perhaps) his birthday, and Christmas.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

From these photos, I think he's a strawberry blond. He's so cute!
Old 04-27-2015, 12:32 AM
Courtier

Again, this post has details about the private side of the Cambridge family's life - and if you find that offensive, please hit the "Ignore" button for me - or skip over my post/s.

Little George has been covered by all three of Australia's magazines today.

The "Women's Weekly" has him as their cover for this coming month of May, with many pages of photos of him inside.

All official/well-known photos, but a good souvenier as a lot are full-page size.

"New Idea" has some of the photos that the "New York Daily New" had last week, including one with PG's grandmother Mrs Carole Middleton.

This article lets us know that one of the nurseries has a Beatrix Potter wall mural, with the sky and clouds going across the ceiling.

There is also a tree painted, that opens to a bookcase within.

We're also told that the Duke has already bought the Duchess a present for the impending baby.

In New York last year, a vintage ruby necklace was purchased - the Duchess chose it herself.

Prince William is also going to buy a series of sailing lessons for the Duchess.

Prince George has been getting some practice in for the new sibling with a Peter Rabbit stuffed toy to look after. It normally sits with other stuffed animals near the change area.

Finally, "Woman's Day" with it's coverage of PG's recent sunny outing in London tells it's readers that the little Prince's sun-glasses can be copied with the "Frankie Ray at The Stork Nest" brand, that retail for $29.95 Australian dollars. (Twitter is saying Prince George's are from Pumpkin Patch though.)
Old 04-27-2015, 05:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you very much Sun Lion! Could you scan or post the link to the pic of George with Carole? Is it asking you too much?