The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 04:33 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Can anyone confirm who these pictures were taken by and when? Because they've not featured in any of the British papers of magazines and there's been nothing on Twitter about her going out. George is heavily wrapped up, and Catherine doesn't look 9 months in those photos.

Old 04-13-2015, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

As far as I can see, photos were taken within the vicinity/close-ish up on a mobile phone. Whether or not Catherine was aware of the photos being taken is neither here nor there, she appears to carrying on her business either unaware or without concern enjoying time with George.

Old 04-13-2015, 04:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I think 100% that Kate was aware of the photographer, as eg the kid on the right is looking straight at him or her.
http://40.media.tumblr.com/17cda93a1...20kuo1_540.jpg

I am not saying that Kate called the paps to have these pictures taken but I am sure that she was aware of the photographer. In her position, she can almost be sure that somebody is around with a camera as soon as she leaves her own home. What else can she do than act normal.
The child in question could very easily have been looking at someone else. I think it's hard to say that Kate knew the photographer was there. She knows it's always a possibility but I doubt she was actively complicit.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

For what it's worth, one of the royal photographers says the photos appear to be taken from a cell phone. So more than likely, they were taken by someone visiting the zoo and not by a pap.

As for when they were taken, it's hard to say. Kate and George have been seen at this zoo a few times in the last month or so. This is supposedly a favorite spot for them (William and George were seen there last week). In one of the photos you can tell she's pregnant, so I assume these photos were taken in the last few months.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I don't think you can tell much from a story like this. A mother can interpert what the kid is saying long before they are proper words or meanings. It's cute that he knew the word China as in china cabinet though :P
IMO you can tell that George is more advanced than other toddlers his age by thinking about what they are saying compared to what he said in the story (this sound a bit odd, but I couldn't phrase it in a better way).

But, I do understand what you mean in that you can't tell much of the advancement of George's speech from this story - every child develops at their own pace, some may be slower than others and we of course haven't seen George speak on a regular basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The Cambridges live in a world that want to know each and every bit of information about their lives and that is mostly proven at this date and time as we see the Great Kate Wait gearing up outside of the Lindo Wing for the impending birth. Privacy for them is like winning the lottery for the rest of the population as its something you'd really like but the chances are very slim. They know as soon as they step outside their door and go to places where they're in plain sight, there will be gawking, people taking photos and talking about it for days afterwards. W&K are astute enough to realize that they can't totally shut this off but have learned to just go about their business and shut out the outside world and not let it affect them or they way they want to live their lives. They're conditioned to be able to treat onlookers and gapers and flash monkeys as background noise when they're on their private time.
A great post - I fully agree with you.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-13-2015, 05:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I think 100% that Kate was aware of the photographer, as eg the kid on the right is looking straight at him or her.
http://40.media.tumblr.com/17cda93a1...20kuo1_540.jpg

I am not saying that Kate called the paps to have these pictures taken but I am sure that she was aware of the photographer. In her position, she can almost be sure that somebody is around with a camera as soon as she leaves her own home. What else can she do than act normal.
I think you are right, especially as these appear to be close ups and not long lens.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent

If it's a cell phone pic from somebody who was just there as a normal person, wouldn't most people just post it to Twitter or Facebook saying hey look who I saw instead of selling it to an Australian magazine that most people in England probably never heard off?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-13-2015, 06:41 PM
Gentry

This same australian mag has posted pap pics of george and the cambridges numerous times. i'm not exactly sure why this time people are so convinced this was pr or a photoshoot set up by Kate. They had pics of george in the park with his nanny playing soccer. pics of the nanny walking george and pics of Kate walking george in the park. They also had pics of kate shopping while pregnant and going to the salon while pregnant with george. This is nothing new or sinister. lol
Old 04-13-2015, 08:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Tanna, the photographer who has often papped the royals (he took the photos of Harry and Cressida at the railway station returning from Melissa Percy's wedding) tweeted last night that he had taken a look at the photos of Kate and George and he believed that they were taken from a phone. If he's correct (and he does know about photography) then it wasn't a pap (unless it was a pap who was caught at that park without a phone!)

Because William has proved to be litigious about invasions of privacy whoever it was probably thought of foreign publications first and foremost. A woman's magazine in Australia would have easily come to mind.

The journalists at New Idea have had dealings with royals before and love printing stories about them. New Idea was the magazine that broke the story that Harry was in Afghanstan that caused his first tour there to be aborted.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
If it's a cell phone pic from somebody who was just there as a normal person, wouldn't most people just post it to Twitter or Facebook saying hey look who I saw instead of selling it to an Australian magazine that most people in England probably never heard off?

Yes, most people would just post them on Facebook. But some would seek out a buyer on the internet. I can't imagine it's that hard to email a production department letting them know you have the photos - most publication websites have a link on the site for this purpose.

And whoever brought it up, I agree these are older photos, Kate does not look 9 months along and George is dressed for midwinter. So whoever sold the photos has spent quite some time seeking out a buyer.

I think Kate was aware - whether she was complicit - I have no idea. What I do know is, as I have mentioned before, with the internet and technology, the lines between public and press have blurred to the point where it is impossible to stop these invasions of privacy.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

It wouldn't be shocking to see people with a phone or camera taking pictures at farm aimed for little kids to come and visit so some one taking picture may not of have gotten Kate's attention.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I can't believe Kate would not have been aware someone was photographing her and George. Even if she wasn't aware, surely her protection officers would have been on the lookout for such things and would have alerted her if they were so instructed. I reckon she's accepted that when she's at such public places, she will be photographed. If they're at some sort of zoo, there's an excellent chance that members of the public would have cameras with them because that's the sort of place that people take photographs, of the animals and of their children. So she'd have to accept being photographed as one of the risks of taking her child to such a place.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Why would she have to be aware the pictures are been taken? It's outside so a flash isn't needed a cell phone or digital camera can take a picture without making a sound.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernDayJackieO View Post
This same australian mag has posted pap pics of george and the cambridges numerous times. i'm not exactly sure why this time people are so convinced this was pr or a photoshoot set up by Kate. They had pics of george in the park with his nanny playing soccer. pics of the nanny walking george and pics of Kate walking george in the park. They also had pics of kate shopping while pregnant and going to the salon while pregnant with george. This is nothing new or sinister. lol

Nothing sinister? Are you kidding? I don't consider a so called Magazine that has proven time and again they have no problem stalking a toddler just in order to make money something that isn't sinister nor is it something that is funny.

Once again I'll ask...Is there not a way for the Mods to put a thread up where pics like this can go and be posted in? So those of us who don't want to see them don't? Please?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 04-13-2015, 09:14 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

We have no such thread for other royal families with young children, so the mods have decided previously that we won't be making special rules in this case.

Posters usually "warn" about these type of photos when they are posting them, stating they are "pap" photos. Which IMO makes it easy enough to avoid them.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:23 PM
Heir Apparent

He's still looking very much like William in some parts of his face.

LaRae
Old 04-13-2015, 09:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Yes, most people would just post them on Facebook. But some would seek out a buyer on the internet. I can't imagine it's that hard to email a production department letting them know you have the photos - most publication websites have a link on the site for this purpose.

And whoever brought it up, I agree these are older photos, Kate does not look 9 months along and George is dressed for midwinter. So whoever sold the photos has spent quite some time seeking out a buyer.

I think Kate was aware - whether she was complicit - I have no idea. What I do know is, as I have mentioned before, with the internet and technology, the lines between public and press have blurred to the point where it is impossible to stop these invasions of privacy.
I agree that they Re older photos from several months ago and that the seller, another patron go the zoo, sold them to the highest bidder, this awful Australian magazine. I also believe that this is not harmless, a gun instead of a phone could have been pulled out, where were the protection
Old 04-13-2015, 09:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post

I agree that they Were older photos from several months ago and that the seller, another patron of the zoo, sold them to the highest bidder, this awful Australian magazine. I also believe that this is not harmless, a gun instead of a phone could have been pulled out, where were the protection
Old 04-13-2015, 09:35 PM
Serene Highness

There was, in fact, a forewarning about these pictures and one had to actively click on the link. I can't see that there was a problem here, people were warned and if they chose to look then it seems to me that they cannot complain.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Can anyone confirm who these pictures were taken by and when? Because they've not featured in any of the British papers of magazines and there's been nothing on Twitter about her going out. George is heavily wrapped up, and Catherine doesn't look 9 months in those photos.

There are a couple of photos in "New Idea" that haven't made it to the internet Lumutqueen, and in one of these the Duchess is side on, and looks very, very pregnant.

The article says it's a "spring outing", and that Prince George is twenty-one months old.

I don't think they were taken a while back and then just sat on. I think they are a week or so old at the most.

All the other children's faces are pixilated, (except for the sliding photo and the feeding the piglet photo).

The photo of George hugging one of the girls, with the other two girls next to them, was taken very close up, and is very clear.

I'm not suprised they have not yet - and may never be - printed in the UK.

Australia has had a lot of "no, no, no" photos published - the honeymoon, and the pregnant in Mustique photos for example.

(Not to mention the various European magazines that published the French villa photos.)

We even had the dress-fly up in the Blue Mts. photo published in the daily newspaper, and a double-page spread of the Duchess and baby George in the garden at Yarralumla photos in the paper.

None of these were printed in the UK I think.

Though it is a three page feature, the Duchess and Prince George didn't get the main cover shot - that went to Prince Harry.

I think that shows there is an interest here in Oz, but it's not that big a deal really.

(And little George is in the mags a fair bit - a few weeks ago we had photos and details of the local Sandringham school he is said to be going to start at.)

Closed Thread