Prince George of Cambridge, General News 1: December 2014-May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks like he is concentrating VERY hard. I love how nanny has her hand around his to make sure he has a good grip. He is really adorable.:D

I suspect, based on what we've seen of him and what his parents have said about his personality that he could be the BRF's answer to Denmark's Princess Isabella. Quite a charming, mischievous tyke with an impish grin.

I'd say he's much like William was.

LaRae

Yes except for his more round eye shape...he's very much like William in looks especially when he looks at you dead on. It's the nose and facial shape thru the cheeks.

LaRae

I still have to decide who Prince George resembles to. I think he has eyes and some facial expressions from the Middletons... But I also see Windsor genes...

I really don't like to see pictures like this and really prefer to not comment on them, but the pics probably wouldn't be taken, if people saw the Cambridge's out and about as a family once in a while. The only time they've been seen out and about as a family, was during Fathers Day last year, and before that, the royal tour.

I don't notice them being hounded by the paps but I think what you say is true - if they let people see George more it would drive down the value of these pictures. People are curious what he looks like. They should take a portrait every six months or so and release it to the media - that would take away the value of the paps and they would be left in relative peace.

They've released several official photos-- his christening, a family shot before that (with Lupo), birthday pictures, Christmas pictures. Official portraits won't drive down the value of candid shots because everyone gets them. The value of a good paparazzi shot is that it's unique.

Yesterday, was I think the first time the British media got a chance to see Prince George since father's day last year. It was good seeing him yesterday, and he handled everything very well.

Here's OK magazines pictures of George for those who want to see them.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B88F9lGLbKdsekp0ZGN1NVo0ZTQ/view?usp=sharing

They've released several official photos-- his christening, a family shot before that (with Lupo), birthday pictures, Christmas pictures. Official portraits won't drive down the value of candid shots because everyone gets them. The value of a good paparazzi shot is that it's unique.

Unfortunately in comparison to the past they've hardly shared any pictures. All the British sites I visited (not just the Mail Online) people were complaining loudly that they first brought George out on a visit in Australia and not the UK. And there's a lot of moaning going on that they didn't say anything on the steps when they brought the new princess out - they just waved. I think they'd have an easier time if every six months they had him sit for an official portrait and sent it out. That would undercut the demand for pap pictures. That would also have him photographed in private - he didn't look thrilled with the crowd of photographers and I don't blame him. That's how a lot of celebrities handle the situation. He's going to be a public figure no matter what they do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's only a year and a half old. There have been at least three sets of official photos (christening, birthday, Christmas). So that is roughly one set of official portraits every six months, right? I think they're basically doing what you say they should be doing.

Nothing they would do would undercut the value of paparazzi photos. Plenty of tabloid editors have said so themselves (what I've watch on ABC and CNN when they have special of paparazzi culture)

Those candid pap shots of George at the playground, petting zoo, playing with his mother, or those little snippets of video (also easily captured on a phone) IS what everybody wants to see. I agree, that they can have him sit for the press every week, and people would still want the pap shots.

I think we will be seeing more pap shots in Norfolk this summer, trying to capture both children. The media frenzy surrounding the whole family this weekend was incredible.

Is this okay, fair, good???? It just is what it is. In the age of the internet, one country's legislation means nothing.

Those candid pap shots of George at the playground, petting zoo, playing with his mother, or those little snippets of video (also easily captured on a phone) IS what everybody wants to see. I agree, that they can have him sit for the press every week, and people would still want the pap shots.

I think we will be seeing more pap shots in Norfolk this summer, trying to capture both children. The media frenzy surrounding the whole family this weekend was incredible.

Is this okay, fair, good???? It just is what it is. In the age of the internet, one country's legislation means nothing.

Sadly, you're right. People will want to see candid shots, and anything 'official' will not satisfy their curiosity. Also, candid shots don't have to be taken by apps alone, because almost everyone has a smart-phone with a digital camera. For the most part, the Cambridges are not making any fuss over the most recent candid shots of their son, so whether we agree or not, they have probably decided to pick their battles. All they can do is hope that there's some human decency left in the world when it comes to letting their kids,grow up with as little press/pap intrusion as possible.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

In the uk as in the us, kids images are not protected in a public place. They are on the continent and princess Caroline regularly sued magazines who used her children's' pictures. Those french magazines that had been sued had to display black bold banner across their covers noting the judgment against them.

I really don't like to see pictures like this and really prefer to not comment on them, but the pics probably wouldn't be taken, if people saw the Cambridge's out and about as a family once in a while. The only time they've been seen out and about as a family, was during Fathers Day last year, and before that, the royal tour.

The Cambridge could have a reality show and there would still be pictures like this. The best way is to do what they feel comfortable with and not give into a public that will never be satisfied.

Will Charlotte be included in the name of this thread or will she get a separate one?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Cambridge could have a reality show and there would still be pictures like this. The best way is to do what they feel comfortable with and not give into a public that will never be satisfied.

Exactly. They will never satisfy everyone, so the best course of action is to do what they feel is right for their family.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I don't know about that. I think they could arrange a similar event of George playing with other kids (like the down under tour), and that way people could see him. Official released pictures are nice and very much appreciated, but one would like to see the kid in live action once in a while. Not all the time though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom