Prince George of Cambridge, General News 1: December 2014-May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that the person who took these photos should have sold them to a magazine - or even given them to the magazine. The market will be there and now that everyone has a camera with them all the time there will be more and more of these sorts of photos - ones that William and Kate don't necessarily approve being taken.

They have decided to release one or two photos a year and not video ever but ... that means that whenever they are in public places the ordinary public will take photos and sell them and sadly that will mean that they will be more hounded than ever Diana was because the royal fanatics will fuel the market - as they did for photos of Diana.

If the magazines and press learnt anything from the Diana years it was that they should only use photos taken on official or sanctioned occasions but this shows that they haven't learnt that lesson - and nor have the public, particularly royal fans who think that this is acceptable.

I agree. I wonder how protection officers with BP/KP will go about handling this new world of technology and cell phone pics going public? We may have our answer, given how Catherine handled this situation so well.
Mara

Isn't he simply adorable? Catherine looks well too, maybe slightly tired. I can't help thinking he has hair like his Grandmother Diana.

:previous: the photos from the last time at the famr look scarily near... It looks as though the pic was taken by one of the people sitting in the group shot:whistling::eek:

New pic of Kate and George in NYDailyNews from this weekend at Bucklebury Farm Park. His hair is so blonde and curly. ♛ The Cambridges

George is adorable indeed. I love his little curls!

This photo appears like it was taken by paparazzi, rather than the photos from George and Catherine's last visit to the farm to see the lambs, which look like they were taken on a mobile.

Prince George of Cambridge, General News and Information: December 2014

Peter and Zara like William were also really blonde as little kids. Wills and Peter's hair got darker as they got older. The curls could come from Kate. The teenage photos of Kate shows more curls than she has now.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

She was quite mousy when she was young. I think this is Prince Philip's genes here - apparent with Princess Royal's grandchildren too.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01915/19220715-toddler_1915901i.jpg

http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Philip_young.jpg
Alot of the Windsor's were tow-headed as children (Anne, Edward, Peter, Zara, Louise and Peter's daughters in the immediate family). The gene perhaps came from Philip although The Duke of Kent's children were all blonde as children so it's in the family somewhere!

Warning - small post about pap/general public mobile-phone photos - Ignore my post if you're going to be offended.

Some more photos from the April 19th Bucklebury Farm Park jaunt that the "New York Daily News" has published, are now online.

The Duchess kissing PG, and another of the toddler Prince's profile.

Maybe he has curls, maybe it's windy.

(On my tablet - can't link.)

Last edited:

Thank you for these new Prince George photos soapstar.

The one where PG looks like he's laughing his head off, realising he's out of reach, is a real delight.

I'm suprised at how many photos were taken on this occasion, and how they keep coming out.

(I recently saw a photo of the Duchess very pregnant with Prince George that a tourist had taken at Kennsington Palace - and read how security had come up and asked them to stop photographing.)

Last edited:
Warning - a post about new pap/mobile-phone photos of Prince George - Please ignore this post if such is offensive to you.

New photo on the website of Australian magazine "Woman's Day"- of little PG out and about in his sunglasses.

Dressed in a dark blue knitted hoodie - he is photographed getting in some practise helping out with a pusher.

Some of the other magazine photos are also up on twitter - see Maud Garmy if you are interested.

Last edited:
Warning - a post about new pap/mobile-phone photos of Prince George - Please ignore this post if such is offensive to you.

New photo on the website of Australian magazine "Woman's Day"- of little PG out and about in his sunglasses.

Dressed in a dark blue knitted hoodie - he is photographed getting in some practise helping out with a pusher.

Some of the other magazine photos are also up on twitter - see Maud Garmy if you are interested.

I haven't seen the photos but from the way you've described them, it sounds like George is going to be a very hands on big brother. I'd not be surprised if George wants to "do" everything for the new baby and can imagine some very loving gestures along with perhaps a few comical ones too.

He is just too cute! I love the photo with the sunglasses... he looks like such a "cool dude." I don't believe that his hair is as blonde as it seems in the photo that you all are talking about earlier- that photo seemed to have a yellowish tint to it that made the hair seem VERY blonde. George seems to have sandy blonde or light brown hair, and it may grow darker as he gets older.

I feel guilty looking at paparazzi photos of him. I know that William and Catherine want to give him as private/normal of a childhood as possible in a position that is neither private nor normal. George was in the public eye from the day he was born, and he will remain in the public eye until the day (very, very, very far in the future) he dies. However, it is so hard to control the paparazzi. I don't like the fact that normal people are taking pictures of him on their cell phones and selling them to the magazines. It's one thing with paps, but normal people? That's just darn nasty!

I also don't think that William and Kate are being skimpy on the photos of him. Last year we "officially" saw him 3 or 4 times- Australia and New Zealand, his birthday photos, and Christmas photos. I am sure that we will see him that many times this year, through public events or releasing photos: a family picture with his parents and baby brother or sister, the baby's christening, (perhaps) his birthday, and Christmas.

From these photos, I think he's a strawberry blond. He's so cute!

Again, this post has details about the private side of the Cambridge family's life - and if you find that offensive, please hit the "Ignore" button for me - or skip over my post/s.

Little George has been covered by all three of Australia's magazines today.

The "Women's Weekly" has him as their cover for this coming month of May, with many pages of photos of him inside.

All official/well-known photos, but a good souvenier as a lot are full-page size.

"New Idea" has some of the photos that the "New York Daily New" had last week, including one with PG's grandmother Mrs Carole Middleton.

This article lets us know that one of the nurseries has a Beatrix Potter wall mural, with the sky and clouds going across the ceiling.

There is also a tree painted, that opens to a bookcase within.

We're also told that the Duke has already bought the Duchess a present for the impending baby.

In New York last year, a vintage ruby necklace was purchased - the Duchess chose it herself.

Prince William is also going to buy a series of sailing lessons for the Duchess.

Prince George has been getting some practice in for the new sibling with a Peter Rabbit stuffed toy to look after. It normally sits with other stuffed animals near the change area.

Finally, "Woman's Day" with it's coverage of PG's recent sunny outing in London tells it's readers that the little Prince's sun-glasses can be copied with the "Frankie Ray at The Stork Nest" brand, that retail for $29.95 Australian dollars. (Twitter is saying Prince George's are from Pumpkin Patch though.)

Last edited:
:previous: Thank you very much Sun Lion!:flowers: Could you scan or post the link to the pic of George with Carole? Is it asking you too much?:flowers:

:previous: Thank you very much Sun Lion!:flowers: Could you scan or post the link to the pic of George with Carole? Is it asking you too much?:flowers:

Hi Marty91charmed - I don't think the photo of Mrs Middleton is online yet, (unlike the Prince George in sunglasses with Nanny photos, which are all over twitter and blogdom now) - so no link.

This photo with Mrs Middleton is from the same occassion that the "New York Daily News" had photos of - PG in his cute little jacket and the wind blowing his hair about.

My magazine has four photos, and it looks like a cold and windy day.

The one of the Duchess kissing PG is bigger than the NYDN version. (I mean it's not cropped - full shot of PG.)

Another has the Duchess carrying PG and walking beside her mother - but Mrs Middleton has been cut out with just her arm showing. (How did that get through editing before going to print!)

The one of Carole has her talking to a very tall man, with the Duchess and PG coming up behind them.

Mrs M is trying to make a point from the look of it, and has her other hand in her pocket. He has both of his hands in his pockets. That, and the wind in everyone's hair, makes it look like a cold day.

Both the Duchess and her mother are dressed in blue jeans and sneakers.

I'm on my tablet and can't post or link to TRFs from it.

It's not an exceptional photo - and it will probably turn up online at some point.

(New Zealand will probably publish these photos too - and the US may go with the sunglasses photos. Does Canada ever publish any of these?)

Last edited:
From these photos, I think he's a strawberry blond. He's so cute!
He's darker than his father was at this age. I am sure he will have chestnut hair in few years.

Last edited:
I really don't like to see pictures like this and really prefer to not comment on them, but the pics probably wouldn't be taken, if people saw the Cambridge's out and about as a family once in a while. The only time they've been seen out and about as a family, was during Fathers Day last year, and before that, the royal tour.

I think both Will and Kate are resigned to the fact that if they're out in public, there will be pictures taken. Unless I've missed it, I don't think they've ever expressed any kind of hue and cry over them either. When they're in their own private areas, they expect to be left alone but if a bystander happens to get a good picture of them in public, there's really not too much they can do about it.

Pictures like those that were taken by a long lens camera in France are the ones that really overstep the boundaries. Even with going to the petting zoos and the farms and other places where pictures have been taken of George lately, it doesn't seem like the Cambridges were swarmed on by paps but a few shots taken in the area were taken. They mostly were left alone to enjoy the day with George. In this respect, I think there's a happy medium.

Their privacy should be respected when their out privately, but I'm glad their not being hounded and chased around.

It would be good to see them do an outing as a family, like they did on the royal tour though. I would like to see them as a family, outside of the few portraits we've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom