The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 08:49 AM
Royal Highness

I don't think this situation is any different from most families
No 1 he's a grandfather usually they don't pay a lot of attention when they are little
No 2 he's not from the girls side
No 3 he's not married to the child's grandmother. Men tag along with their wife when they visit or have the child at their house.
It's no different to other "normal" families.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 03-07-2015, 09:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

I find it fascinating that people would even believe this story, no matter who wrote it. William is very close to his father and Catherine is also close to Charles. I have no doubt that when they plan family time, Charles see and play with his grandson.

I think because William and Catherine vacation with the Middleton's a lot, people are trying to make it seem like William isn't close to his royal side of the family. It's just another way for the media to stir up some trouble (Middleton's vs Wales's) where there is none.

Although, it would be nice to see them out and about as a family more, I believe the story is pure fiction.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-07-2015, 09:09 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
While I don't believe the story it wouldn't be the 1st time Camilla has used friends to support Charles to the press

Here we are. Funny how these rumors are now seen as facts ...
But Camilla is another matter i guess, right ?
Anyway these articles seem to be some kind of heaven for the Charles, Camilla and Middleton haters, with a slice of family drama...
Good job from the DM i would say ...
Old 03-07-2015, 09:22 AM
Royal Highness

Mmm yep
Anyway Kate's mum isn't standing at the door stopping him from visiting.
I'm glad George has a loving grandmother I hope Harry finds the same type of family when he marries

Old 03-07-2015, 09:50 AM
Heir Apparent

George's mom and dad just do not seem the kind of people to deny his grandparents anything. Scheduling might be an issue, depending on the grandparent's volume of work and location at any one time, but not want of contact.

Keep in mind that George lives in London at KP - a mere 3 miles from his Grandad's house there. Granddad has rooms always available just down the road from Anmer.

And we are veering off our topic, HRH The Prince of Cheeks.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

In the words of actor George Clooney - "The Daily Mail, more than any other organisation that calls itself news, has proved time and time again that facts make no difference in the articles they make up"
Old 03-07-2015, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I find it fascinating that people would even believe this story, no matter who wrote it. William is very close to his father and Catherine is also close to Charles. I have no doubt that when they plan family time, Charles see and play with his grandson.

I think because William and Catherine vacation with the Middleton's a lot, people are trying to make it seem like William isn't close to his royal side of the family. It's just another way for the media to stir up some trouble (Middleton's vs Wales's) where there is none.

Although, it would be nice to see them out and about as a family more, I believe the story is pure fiction.
I'm sure that the Daily Mail thing is part-fiction but when you confidently state that William is very close to his father and Catherine is also close to Charles, where is the evidence for this? Much as we would all like it to be true, there dont appear to be photographs or reports of the Cambridge spending holidays at Highgrove or Kate and Charles on outings together, with or without baby George.

It happens in other monarchies, Estelle is seen often with her grandparents and other relatives, Beatrix and her grandchildren are close, and she has been photographed arm in arm with her daughters in law, Leonor and her sisters have been also, hugging their grandmother, Sofia. Margrethe of Denmark is often photographed with her grandchildren.

Even allowing for the very different ways of the BRF, where are the corresponding photos of Charles and his only grandson, whom I am sure he loves very much. However, not quite enough love there to turn up at his first birthday party, apparently. He and Camilla were up in Scotland. I'm a grandmother and I can't imagine missing my first grandchild's first birthday.

At Christmas William and Kate spent most of their Christmas at Amner, with the Middletons. Nothing wrong with that at all, but they didn't bother apparently to join William's father (to whom they are both so close) or William's grandmother on Christmas Eve or for Christmas lunch.

They were there for the Church Service and then went home to Anmer with Carole and Mike Middleton. Rather unfair, I thought, but if William and Kate and Charles are so very close, then no doubt there is some explanation.

In my view, if you are a grandparent, you make an effort, however close or distant you are to the child's parents or how busy you are. That means turning up at birthday parties, as Great-gran the Queen did. It means readjusting your schedule so you can see the child, visit him/her at home, invite the family to your home and sometimes attend outings with the child's family. Carole Middleton does. It's not rocket science, and heaven knows, we may get a photo or two to gladden our hearts.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:42 PM
Gentry

My guess , they are pissed that William and Catherine don't give them access and stories the way they had hoped .
Old 03-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I'm sure that the Daily Mail thing is part-fiction but when you confidently state that William is very close to his father and Catherine is also close to Charles, where is the evidence for this? Much as we would all like it to be true, there dont appear to be photographs or reports of the Cambridge spending holidays at Highgrove or Kate and Charles on outings together, with or without baby George.

It happens in other monarchies, Estelle is seen often with her grandparents and other relatives, Beatrix and her grandchildren are close, and she has been photographed arm in arm with her daughters in law, Leonor and her sisters have been also, hugging their grandmother, Sofia. Margrethe of Denmark is often photographed with her grandchildren.

Even allowing for the very different ways of the BRF, where are the corresponding photos of Charles and his only grandson, whom I am sure he loves very much. However, not quite enough love there to turn up at his first birthday party, apparently. He and Camilla were up in Scotland. I'm a grandmother and I can't imagine missing my first grandchild's first birthday.

At Christmas William and Kate spent most of their Christmas at Amner, with the Middletons. Nothing wrong with that at all, but they didn't bother apparently to join William's father (to whom they are both so close) or William's grandmother on Christmas Eve or for Christmas lunch.

They were there for the Church Service and then went home to Anmer with Carole and Mike Middleton. Rather unfair, I thought, but if William and Kate and Charles are so very close, then no doubt there is some explanation.

In my view, if you are a grandparent, you make an effort, however close or distant you are to the child's parents or how busy you are. That means turning up at birthday parties, as Great-gran the Queen did. It means readjusting your schedule so you can see the child, visit him/her at home, invite the family to your home and sometimes attend outings with the child's family. Carole Middleton does. It's not rocket science, and heaven knows, we may get a photo or two to gladden our hearts.

Like the idea of a photo or two 💐

Old 03-07-2015, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

There was no indication that the Cambridges didn't go to Sandringham for the main family event-opening presents and dinner on Christmas Eve.

Old 03-07-2015, 08:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
There was no indication that the Cambridges didn't go to Sandringham for the main family event-opening presents and dinner on Christmas Eve.

Think I read that Will and Kate went but George was home with Carole which would make sense if is was a night time event. But I don't know if that's true or where I read it

Old 03-08-2015, 12:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think that the DM makes up things after they have made certain observations, so the reader says, you know, it must be true, because I have seen or not seen A, B and C.

I thought Will and Kate did spend some time with Will's side on Christmas, but they did miss out on some main events. Couple that with a Christmas or two when they were not there at all, down at Bucklebury the entire time.

I just don't think Will is that close to Charles, I don't think he has been for quite some time. I think he prefers the informality of the Middletons.

I have to agree with the poster who pointed out that other royal grandchildren are photographed with grandparents, why have we never seen a photo of Charles with George, or the Queen and DoE with George?
Old 03-08-2015, 12:36 PM
Serene Highness

As far as Charles missing out on George's first birthday, IMO, that was badly done. However, it seems fairly obvious that Charles does not "inconvenience" himself for anyone. I do think he is a rather selfish person. I suspect that his expectations would be that George is brought to see HIM.
Old 03-08-2015, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent

The only thing that W&K skipped was the prechurch early morning communion and the post church Christmas lunch. Going back to lunch at Amner is totally reasonable especially if they spent Christmas Eve with the royals doing their main celebration.

Most families split time between the 2 sides at the holidays or alternate year to year.

Regards to no photos of George and Charles. We have seen photos with only his parents and Lupo. So using the logic of photos equals relationship, George doesn't have any relationships other than his parents and dog because there are no photos of him with his Middleton grandparents, Aunt Pippa, Uncles James & Harry, godparents, cousins & great grandparents.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The only thing that W&K skipped was the prechurch early morning communion and the post church Christmas lunch. Going back to lunch at Amner is totally reasonable especially if they spent Christmas Eve with the royals doing their main celebration.

Most families split time between the 2 sides at the holidays or alternate year to year.

Regards to no photos of George and Charles. We have seen photos with only his parents and Lupo. So using the logic of photos equals relationship, George doesn't have any relationships other than his parents and dog because there are no photos of him with his Middleton grandparents, Aunt Pippa, Uncles James & Harry, godparents, cousins & great grandparents.

Not quite - there would be no reason to release photos of George with his Middleton relatives (who I am positive have tons of photos with them as they are close knit -nothing wrong with that, in fact it's fine). But to have no photos of him with the Queen, Charles - he is an heir; photos of them together have historical significance and the public would want to see them.
Old 03-08-2015, 02:03 PM
Serene Highness

We saw picture of George and Charles alone. And we didn't see pictures of George and Michael or George and Carol.
Old 03-08-2015, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

No photos of them released. This isn't Sweden. The BRF hardly releases any photos at all. Sometimes on special anniversaries or birthdays but that's it.

George has followed the path similar to other royals at his age.

I don't see photos of Mia Tindall and Princess Anne but that doesn't mean they don't exist
Old 03-08-2015, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Exactly the BRFs hardly ever releases photos so to use the lack of photos as proof of no relationship between George and Charles isn't sound.

Old 03-08-2015, 02:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

There is a photograph of Charles holding Prince George during his Christening, but they just didn't officially release the picture with the others. I don't understand why they didn't do so. You would think it would be good to see the future King holding his first grandchild. Sometimes the British royals and palace officials puzzle me.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-08-2015, 03:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
No photos of them released. This isn't Sweden. The BRF hardly releases any photos at all. Sometimes on special anniversaries or birthdays but that's it.

George has followed the path similar to other royals at his age.

I don't see photos of Mia Tindall and Princess Anne but that doesn't mean they don't exist

I have seen photos of Anne pushing Mia in her pram at horse events etc

Closed Thread