The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 02:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Dash @DashRoyal · 3h 3 hours ago
Clarence House spokesperson: "His Royal Highness (The Prince of Wales) enjoys an excellent relationship with his grandson."

https://twitter.com/CourtierUK/statu...47028035235840
I take the DM with a grain of salt as well, but that's an odd response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939 View Post
Newspapers loving picking of Kate's mother dont they !
They always did - she is some evil step-mother. Somehow she managed to cuckold the world's most eligible bachelor, a plan hatched while Will and Kate were both still in the womb, I believe. 500 years ago she'd have surely been burned alive for sorcery.

IF Will and Charles don't enjoy a harmonious relationship, it's hardly Carole's doing.

Old 03-05-2015, 02:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think Charles get to see his grandson as much as he can. Charles have a rather busy life, but I know he make time for his family. It think the DM is just coming up with this article, because we don't get to see the family out and about together a lot. People tend to forget that they all have private family time outside of the media's glare.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-05-2015, 02:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I take the DM with a grain of salt as well, but that's an odd response.
we don't know the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
So, how many of you have thought about the look on Prince Cheek's face when Daddy got back from work just now (or soon now). It made my day!

Having said this, I wondered how Daddy got out of Jinhong? Has anyone heard how he flew home? JHG (Jinhing Airport) seems to have only have Chinese Air Carriers. And it is not near major British Air Hubs. So I would imagine Daddy had special flight arrangements? If anyone knows, please share.

Edit - one reason I asked this is because commercial flights out of Yunnan are awful and would take 30-50 hours for Wills to get home.
I did re-check the press releases for the trip. Michael Head made clear he flew to Japan commercial ("scheduled flight") For China there is no mention of logistics - other than to say many of the press were traveling ahead to Yunnan. See: Our view
from CC 4 March 2015:
The Duke of Cambridge this evening departed from Hong Kong International Airport for the United Kingdom
Old 03-05-2015, 03:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
we don't know the question
Here's the question - it's from the DM article Dman just posted:

"Yesterday, when asked when Charles had last seen little George, a Clarence House spokesman unusually issued a statement: ‘We would not comment on the specifics of private arrangements. ‘His Royal Highness enjoys an excellent relationship with his grandson.’"
Old 03-05-2015, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I don't think the statement is odd. It's basically a polite way of saying 'it's none of your business'. I mean why are reporters asking such personal questions in the first place?
Old 03-05-2015, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent

They never comment on private stuff so they aren't going to start now.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-05-2015, 04:02 PM
Serene Highness

two these sentences togather make sense
Old 03-05-2015, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Didn't the media portray Charles as a less than loving father...several times/for years? Can't believe any of those papers.

LaRae
Old 03-05-2015, 05:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Didn't the media portray Charles as a less than loving father...several times/for years? Can't believe any of those papers.

LaRae
Wishful thinking for many. And now a less than loving grandfather is just the cherry on the cake.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The March of the Middletons sounds like the title of a film.
In reality Mrs. Middleton is not Queen Carole.
How would this be for a solution: Have Prince George scheduled for alternate visits to his paternal grandparents and maternal grandparents.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
First thing that came to my mind was an article that was posted on here that detailed in full a one day schedule for Charles. It seemed like every minute of his day from the time he rose until the time he retired for the night was slated with where he'd be, what he'd be doing and when. Also, from one of Camilla's comments she made regarding one of his birthdays, this is a man that is constantly on the go and to relax, takes walks.

The Middletons, on the other hand, have their family business but are more likely to be centralized around their home and hearth.

I don't think for a minute that either set of grandparents are "left out" or 'more important to George" or anything the DM is trying insinuate. We know W&K&G vacation with the Middletons each year and we also know its been stated that they go to C&C's for Sunday dinners and IIRC, both sets of grandparents were around Sandringham these past holidays.

Its not the amount of time spent with each other but the quality of that time spent. As George grows older, with two very loving sets of grandparents, he will learn and be able to meld his royal life with an understanding of the people in the regard that everyone makes their own way in the world whether it be on the world stage in the public eye, supplying the people with a product to make life more fun or even being on standby to respond when help is needed.

Children learn best by example and to me, George is very much in a win win situation.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 03-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Royal Highness

George probably sees more of Kate's parents as daughters usually depend on their mothers for help with children, especially with the first born.

When George gets older, he will start to see more of his paternal side.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:50 PM
Serene Highness

That article was written under the byline of Sebastian Shakespeare and he is nothing more than a sh*t stirrer and loves nothing than to conjure up "discord" within the royal family. This is merely his fantasy, nothing more.
Old 03-07-2015, 03:28 AM
Heir Apparent

There is an additional article in the DM that came out later, however, that took some shots at Carole and stated that the Middletons were planning on buying a house near to Anmer so they could see more of George.

I don't take much notice of the Daily Fail (or any other tabloid for that matter) as a general rule, but, as a long-time royal-watcher it appears that there are leaks, probably via friends, from both sides.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...liam-Kate.html
Old 03-07-2015, 06:05 AM
Courtier

Just what (or who) is stopping Prince Charles seeing Prince George? | Daily Mail Online

The new baby will be here soon, so I hope things gets sorted out to everyone's satisfaction.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:38 AM
Royal Highness

This is a Richard Kay/Geoffrey Levy story.

Camilla's friends talking to Richard Kay and Geoffrey Levy.
Levy and Kay have made a career out of trashing Camilla and they expect people to believe Camilla's friends are giving them exclusive information that Carole is buying a house near Anmer.

I have a few bridges to sell. I will even deliver them...
Old 03-07-2015, 06:50 AM
Royal Highness

While I don't believe the story it wouldn't be the 1st time Camilla has used friends to support Charles to the press

Old 03-07-2015, 07:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Camilla wouldn't use Richard Key however. He was in Diana's pocket and regularly writes articles to trash both Camilla and Charles.

With him writing this sort of stuff, knowing his anti-Charles and anti-Camilla stuff in the past, I am inclined to think that there is something going on.

We know that Kate and William do spend a lot of time at Bucklebury so it makes sense that Charles doesn't see as much of George as the Middleton's do. I don't get the feeling that William is all that close to his father. He was always way more Diana's son so I can see him turning his back on his father.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:04 AM
Heir Apparent

The Camilla's friends having inside info about Mike and Carole buying a home is laughable. The repeated use of the housekeeper and gardener is also misleading. Maybe they were on temporary loan from the Queen? There really has not been a lot of turnover from W&K's KP staff. Miguel and Rebecca have been there from the start. So they probably aren't hard to work for. Unless you are Carson from Downton Abbey, you are not going to be offended by their behavior.

It's well know that Charles is a workaholic. If he wants to see George more, take the time and do so. We can see that Kate's family will prioritize family over work, but is Charles willing to? I find it interesting that he didn't even go to George's birthday party last year. Kate's family was there, all his godparents and even Great Granny the Queen was there but Charles didn't tell his staff to save the afternoon of his grandson's first birthday so he could go.

Old 03-07-2015, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

I always laugh at how its the 'Daily Fail' when the DM criticises any royals but the Cambridges in which case the DM has all of this inside information and everyone is talking.

Richard Kay hasn't had inside information about the BRF in over 17 years. He is living in a fantasy world.

Closed Thread