Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
More likely what happened to his mother

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Absolutely. But I think he always had a little bit of a problem with them. And to be fair, this is not what I constitute as a kid "having their picture taken". I think it is a rather different situation than not wanting to smile when mummy takes out the camera. Look, this is the sight that greeted William when he started pre-school.

Press Photographers And Journalists Gather For Prince William's First... Nyhetsfoto | Getty Images

Old 02-03-2015, 05:02 PM
Heir Apparent

We need a new thread,

What Now for George? Future Duties, Roles, Responsibilities

Surely a record for the BRF. Not even 2 and George is being called on to do official engagements hahah!

Old 02-03-2015, 05:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

How original
Old 02-03-2015, 05:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
We need a new thread,

What Now for George? Future Duties, Roles, Responsibilities

Surely a record for the BRF. Not even 2 and George is being called on to do official engagements hahah!
HHahaha, thank you for the laugh!! I agree. We can speculate on how we would do in the situation but at the end of the day it's their decision (as it should be, they know him best).
Old 02-03-2015, 05:59 PM
Courtier

I really don't understand why people are trying to say W&K should take notes from the Swedes. The SRF don't get close to the same level of media attention that the BRF does and their media don't seem to be stalking people either.
History has shown the British/world media will stalk members of the BRF (Diana, etc) for 4+ decades now no matter how much they share and Diana shares a lot.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Because they chose and seek out the limelight. Nothing says a child born in royalty has that want/need. It might be better to get them used to it since it will be unavoidable in the future. And we're not saying he should be shown off all the time. Maybe Trooping + one or two closed engagements.
An excellent idea of one or two closed engagements.
Look to the future: Prince George has been at a boys' boarding school for one month. Two, and only two reporters, ask him a limited number of questions. George is experiencing an interview, not proclaiming a royal proclamation.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
I really don't understand why people are trying to say W&K should take notes from the Swedes. The SRF don't get close to the same level of media attention that the BRF does and their media don't seem to be stalking people either.
History has shown the British/world media will stalk members of the BRF (Diana, etc) for 4+ decades now no matter how much they share and Diana shares a lot.
This is very true. Estelles garden is right besides/in the middle of an public park. People wave and stop and say hi on their run or something like that but there are no photographers parked outside. Once in a while Victoria and Daniel is photographed on a run. This is a totally different situation than for George.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think this started because someone said it would be nice to see George like he was in NZ and Australia.
I was very surprised how much he was on show then

Old 02-04-2015, 12:40 AM
Royal Highness

William is a part time royal who is planning on taking a non-royal position, so why would anyone expect George to seen until his father is a full time royal.

William was seen less than George even though his parents were full time.

William was seen less than George even though he was the son of the POW and the grandson of the monarch. George is the grandson of the POW and the great grandson of the monarch.

At the same age, George has already met more people than William.
William was cloistered in Australia, whereas George met several different groups of people.

Finally George has more important things to do than to appear in public. He has a new sibling he needs to get to know.

If he has already started potting training, he will relapse once he realizes the new sibling is here to stay. Once George realizes he is no longer the only apple in his parents' and Maria's eyes and he has to vie for their attention the temper tantrums will start. It is better he remain 'hidden' until he overcomes his jealousy. No one wants a royal tantrum, especially in public. Or a royal public potty mishap.

I would be surprised if George made it to the balcony, his siblings christening or visiting his sibling in the hospital.

Let the kid deal with the stress of a new sibling before he is asked to meet and greet the public.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
William is a part time royal who is planning on taking a non-royal position, so why would anyone expect George to seen until his father is a full time royal.

William was seen less than George even though his parents were full time.

William was seen less than George even though he was the son of the POW and the grandson of the monarch. George is the grandson of the POW and the great grandson of the monarch.

At the same age, George has already met more people than William.
William was cloistered in Australia, whereas George met several different groups of people.

Finally George has more important things to do than to appear in public. He has a new sibling he needs to get to know.

If he has already started potting training, he will relapse once he realizes the new sibling is here to stay. Once George realizes he is no longer the only apple in his parents' and Maria's eyes and he has to vie for their attention the temper tantrums will start. It is better he remain 'hidden' until he overcomes his jealousy. No one wants a royal tantrum, especially in public. Or a royal public potty mishap.

I would be surprised if George made it to the balcony, his siblings christening or visiting his sibling in the hospital.

Let the kid deal with the stress of a new sibling before he is asked to meet and greet the public.
Nothing says it has to be that stressful for him. It can be but it's not a given. I think he will be at the Christening at least!
Old 02-04-2015, 01:01 AM
Royal Highness

Why would he be at the christening? Isn't it enough for W&K to take care of the child being christened without the focus being on George?

George will probably be with the family to celebrate the christening but I do not expect him to be in the chapel.

The chapel was very small.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Why would he be at the christening? Isn't it enough for W&K to take care of the child being christened without the focus being on George?

George will probably be with the family to celebrate the christening but I do not expect him to be in the chapel.

Here at least the christening is a family occasion for the whole family. Church service and all. I would maybe understand him not being there if it was televised as it is in Sweden. But to me it seems odd to exclude him on the grounds of them being royal when in "normal circumstances" he probably would be there.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

What's the size of the chapel got to do with it ? ??

Old 02-04-2015, 01:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
What's the size of the chapel got to do with it ? ??

Haha, I agree! I doubt George would take up much room ;P
Old 02-04-2015, 03:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

So it seems
Some people would like to see more of George ... Fair enough he is a sweetie
Some people suggested a photo shoot like European Royalty 3 generations and assorted cousins etc ... Alas the British Royal don't do that sort of thing because they are The British Royal Family and not European
And taking photos of children in The British Royal Family leaves them with a terrible mental scar from which they never recover.
And George can't go his siblings christening because the Chapel is too small
About sums up today

Old 02-04-2015, 04:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think people are overreacting on George's possible appearances.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-04-2015, 05:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I think this started because someone said it would be nice to see George like he was in NZ and Australia.
I was very surprised how much he was on show then

He was seen on arrival in NZ (and going through Australia to reach NZ), at the 'play date', leaving NZ and again arriving in Australia, at the zoo and then on leaving Australia.

There was the unofficial photos taken at government house as well.

Hardly that much as they wouldn't be able to actually have him arrive with them and not be seen so he was paraded on two occasions.

We saw at least that amount of William when he did his tour down under at the same time - arrival in Alice Springs, leaving Aust and arriving in NZ, on the lawns in NZ and leaving NZ. There was another time when he was seen as well.

We did see a lot more of him in his first year or so as they released actual video footage from the post Christening celebrations with Diana on the coach and William sucking her finger and the extended family moving around, there was another photo shoot for Christmas, and a few more in the following year.

With George it is one or two staged photos and no actual interaction taking place as a result.

We have seen way more of Mia than George and he is the future King.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
So it seems
Some people would like to see more of George ... Fair enough he is a sweetie
Some people suggested a photo shoot like European Royalty 3 generations and assorted cousins etc ... Alas the British Royal don't do that sort of thing because they are The British Royal Family and not European
And taking photos of children in The British Royal Family leaves them with a terrible mental scar from which they never recover.
And George can't go his siblings christening because the Chapel is too small
About sums up today

Adding:

Some people suggested a Blanket Jackson approach.

P.S., that was a joke, don't flip out.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:08 AM
Majesty

I think it is perfectly reasonable for KP to regularly release pictures of George at this stage. In a year or two, he will start to appear on the balcony for the trooping. That can be the annual "live" event. There also be shots of him arriving for school in 2- 3 years from now. I just don't think there is any real value in providing any greater access to royal children at this stage.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:14 AM
Serene Highness

IMO Children are NOT Public property...

i'd have no problem if they were not paraded for public and PRESS gratification until they are off to school...

Closed Thread