The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 04:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Looking at the link with the various members of the royal family at two years old, I am thinking that the one that Charlotte most resembles is Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. To me, they look very similar.
It may just be the photos we can compare v. others that may capture different angles or looks of the subjects, but in that series of photos I also thought Charlotte most closely resembled the Queen Mother.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Looking at the link with the various members of the royal family at two years old, I am thinking that the one that Charlotte most resembles is Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. To me, they look very similar.
I think she looks like the queen, not all the way but there's a resemblance, as far as one can tell from B&W photos of the queen. Charlotte is a bit darker but then she problaby gets that from the dark haired Kate.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
One thing I've noticed that rings true with the majority of the pictures Kate takes of her kids and releases to the public is that they're basically portraits where the prime focus is the child. We don't get much background. With Charlotte's birthday picture, we wouldn't have even known where on the grounds of Amner Hall it was taken unless that information was released with the picture.

Its like saying "This is what my child looks like now." without cluttering up the background. To be honest, I like it. She knows what she's doing and has a good handle on what she wants the public to see.
I understand what you mean and I like the picture, but sometimes the Cambridge's do need to use a little more imagination for the kids pictures.

I do love the fact that Catherine takes these pictures.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-01-2017, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent

From Paris Match.
For me she is the spitting image of the Queen
Princesse Charlotte, une nouvelle photo pour son deuxième anniversaire http://www.parismatch.com/Royal-Blog...rsaire-1246307
Old 05-01-2017, 05:34 PM
Majesty

i am starting to see more of catherine in charlotte now, but indeed there's a lot of the queen in her too :)
Old 05-01-2017, 11:04 PM
Aristocracy

Really...... sorry but I see a lot of resemblance to her brother - the cheeks have it - and after seeing these photos the Windsor blood also has a Big influence. What do you think of Andrew?

So who DOES Princess Charlotte look like? | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-01-2017, 11:28 PM
Heir Apparent

What a pretty little girl, she looks like her mother to me
Old 05-01-2017, 11:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Andrew looks like Queen May (Mary of Tek).

George is a blend of Michael and William. Charlotte (right now) resembles a blend of William and the Queen but still has eyes that remind me of Carole.

LaRae
Old 05-01-2017, 11:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Adorable photo

It would have been nice to see a few. Other birthdays for the kids we have. See her playing or showing a bit of her character. Here she looks like modelling a sweater. We haven't seen her since Christmas, be nice to see a bit of her personality. Catching a glimpse in pap shots at her aunts wedding is hardly the same, or reason to release so few.

I am one who sees more of the queen and windsors in her.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:17 AM
Royal Highness

We will see good-quality pictures from Pippa's wedding.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

And for those who can't get enough of Charlotte, here is an additional 19 pic gallery of her on the occasion of her B-day: 19 SØDE BILLEDER: Prinsesse Charlotte fylder 2 år | BILLED-BLADET
Old 05-02-2017, 09:26 AM
Majesty

Westminster Abbey‏ @wabbey
The Abbey bells are ringing out to mark the birthday of Princess Charlotte of Cambridge

https://twitter.com/wabbey/status/859380675178369024
Old 05-02-2017, 09:59 AM
Gentry

Happy birthday to little Charlotte!

I hope she is confronted with a wild bunch of little friends and a mountain of cake

At first sight she looks similar to her father and brother, but one time I saw a photo where she really remembered me to QE.

It was in their winter holidays (was it in France?) when she was still a baby. She watched the falling snow so curiously and same time so thoughtfully.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:30 PM
Majesty

Rebecca English‏ @RE_DailyMail
Kate revealed today that she has five chickens at home - and an incubator of eggs that George and Charlotte are excitedly trying to hatch.

Kate also said she is trying to teach #PrincessCharlotte Spanish - and #PrinceGeorge can already count to ten in the language.

Kate also revealed she held a party for #PrincessCharlotte's second birthday yesterday - and she sang Happy Birthday to herself! Sweet.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:48 PM
Majesty

Kate is trying to teach Charlotte Spanish? As Maria, Charlotte and George's nanny, is Spanish, and Kate has never claimed to be fluent in that language I would guess that it is Maria who is teaching George words and numbers.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

I agree. As I have never even heard it mentioned Kate knows any Spanish, it seems far more likely her full time nanny who is Spanish is teaching them. Hopefully Kate practices a bit when with the kids. George can show mommy what we learned.

It is often why some families choose a nanny with a different first language. Their child becoming bilingual is a great benefit.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:30 AM
Majesty

Counting to ten in Spanish is a long way from becoming bilingual. By age four, George would actually be able to speak Spanish if nanny Maria was the full-time care giver, which she's not, obviously.

You can be employed full-time in a position, that doesn't mean she's with the children 24/7.

Given all the stories and pics we have of Carole and Kate with George and Charlotte, it's clear to me Kate is with her children more often than not.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

I've always gotten that impression as well. She is a very hands on mother...the nanny is there for backup ...when appointments come up etc.

LaRae
Old 05-04-2017, 09:25 AM
Majesty

Birthday girl Princess Charlotte on the cover of this week's People Magazine

Quote:
In this week’s cover story, an insider tells PEOPLE that guests at Anmer Hall are typically greeted by Kate herself at the door, with newly 2-year-old Princess Charlotte in her arms and 3-year-old Prince George “clinging to her ankles.”

“There was no formality at all,” says the insider. “It really was like any other family sitting down to lunch, with George and Charlotte eating their homemade food in their high chairs and toddling around with their toys.”

And although they have plenty of help from nanny Maria Turrion Borrallo, it’s often just the family of four at home.

“You’d think that Kate and William would have an army of staff to help them out, but it really was just them and the children,” notes the insider
Read more: Princess Charlotte, Prince George's Life at Anmer Hall
Old 05-06-2017, 05:46 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Ah, the new photo of Charlotte is so adorable. She's grown up so much since Christmas! I'm not sure who she looks like, but I do think she resembles the Middletons more than the Windsors. I'm looking forward into seeing her at her aunt's wedding soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Kate is trying to teach Charlotte Spanish? As Maria, Charlotte and George's nanny, is Spanish, and Kate has never claimed to be fluent in that language I would guess that it is Maria who is teaching George words and numbers.
Yes, I would agree. It makes more sense for Maria to teach the children Spanish because as has been said, Catherine is not fluent in the language. I'm pleased that the children are learning Spanish though - I'm learning the language myself at the moment because I've always wanted to learn it (I never got the opportunity at school) and it's also a widely spoken language.
The anecdote about the incubator for the little chicks was cute too!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Closed Thread

Tags
prince george of cambridge, princess charlotte of cambridge