Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 3: May 2016-April 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes too the decision to teach the kids something stems from something they've picked up all by themselves. Just being with Maria could have resulted in George asking for a cookie and stating "por favor" as he had heard Maria say it. When kids hang around certain people for extended periods of time, they pick up on things without it being noticed. Curious little ankle biters they be! :D

It wouldnt be that strange for the Cambridges to want to give their children the opportunity to become fluent in a second language without much extra work. For instance Estelle of Sweden has had an English speaking nanny almost from day one and is said to speak it quite well already. Also IIRC Ive read somewhere (I think in connection with Victoria & Daniels wedding) how the European royals of all ages mostly communicate in English with each other so the other royal kids must also get some kind of introduction to the language early on.

I have 2 granddaughters whose families are English-speakers, and they attend a school where the vast majority of instruction, including textbooks and homework, is in Spanish. Their teachers are all bilingual, and are well-versed in how to teach second languages, such as body language and modeling. I think the girls will retain dual languages in adulthood.

2 other granddaughters are growing up with both parents speaking primarily Spanish and a little English at home. The 6 yr. old is very bilingual, and the 3 yr. old speaks mostly Spanish, but is quickly learning English. They will absolutely retain both languages.

I think it's a great advantage to speak 2 languages, and I've been told that it is much easier to pick up other languages once you speak 2. I hope George and Charlotte are hearing a lot of Spanish and pick up the structure and cadence. It can only be an advantage for royals to be fluent in more than one language--they will be warmly welcomed in the world!

The Duchess of Cambridge opened up about her children Prince George and Princess Charlotte during her whirlwind visit to Luxembourg on Thursday, revealing that her kids are learning how to ride a bike.

Kate was attending a cycling-themed festival in the capital's city centre where she met numerous cyclists. The Duchess, 35, spoke to professional cyclist Frank Schleck, who has two daughters.
Read more:Prince George and Princess Charlotte are learning how to ride a bike

Prince William and Princess Kate‘s eldest, who turns four in July, is no longer a royal baby — and as he’s gotten older, he’s developing interests and a personality that’s all his own.

We know he’s serious about keeping up with the characters on his favorite TV shows (though he’s moved past Peppa Pig), he loves to go fast on his scooter and he’s got a naughty streak, according to his mom.

And during a visit to the Royal Marsden Hospital this week, William dropped a few more facts about his fun-loving son.
Read more: Prince William Talks About Screen Time and Prince George

Maybe this was talked about at the times of their birth, but I looked up the registered birth certificates of Prince George and Princess Charlotte. Interesting to look at, as both documents were filled out by Prince William. He has a distinctive, straightforward and engaging handwriting. It's also interesting to see how William referenced Kate, as there has been discussion in some threads about their titles and how they are represented on documents, etc.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/01/23/article-2544632-1AD8F5D900000578-884_634x768.jpg Prince George

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/art...s615/MAIN-Princess-Charlotte-of-Cambridge.jpg Princess Charlotte w/ photo!

I love how under occupation of parents, William writes:

Prince of the United Kingdom
Princess of the United Kingdom

:D

ETA:
Newborn photos of Prince George:
http://images.gmanews.tv/v3/webpics/v3/2013/07/640_2013_07_29_11_20_13.jpg

http://us.hellomagazine.com/imagene...prince-george-registered/0-71-382/baby--z.jpg

IIRC there was something else that was filled out a few years ago, pics were posted and they had the same titles being used.

LaRae

Sometimes too the decision to teach the kids something stems from something they've picked up all by themselves. Just being with Maria could have resulted in George asking for a cookie and stating "por favor" as he had heard Maria say it. ! :D

Highly unlikely that anyone is teaching them Spanish. they may pick up few words from their nanny and Kate may have mentioned this because its a a cute little anecdote about them

Apart from having 2 eyes a nose and mouth I can't see that they look like either of them.

Possibly just a snap shot in time but have to say I do see a remarkable resemblance to both George and Charlotte.

It would however, be interesting to compare both children with the Cambridges' in say five years time.

Actually, when we think about it, its very possible that the name Louis could be used in its feminine form for a princess of the UK today. If things had gone the traditional way the British royal family does things, we'd have a Princess Louise today in our midst. We just know her now as the daughter of the Earl of Wessex. :D

Well she is HRH Princess Louise! Edward chose not to use the titles prince or princess for his children, but they do own them (subject to future change of course, although I don't think titles already owned can be revoked?) and up to them when they come of age whether to use them or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince William reveals what Prince George really doesn't like about football as he enjoys a kick-about with the England Women's football team .

The future King of England is already teaching the third in line to the throne about the beautiful game - but says he isn't yet convinced he's a fan just yet.

England Player Casey Stoney said: "I said do his kids play. He said at the moment he's trying to teach George that football is actually a contact sport but George doesn't really like it when he's palming him off and getting physical.

"He said he's really encouraging his kids to get involved with sport. From what he was saying he's encouraging both his kids to play.

"He's really down to earth and so easy to talk too
Read more: Prince William reveals what Prince George REALLY doesn't like about football - Mirror Online

What an adorable new photo of Prince George!

Oh that's a great pic!

LaRae

Nice picture of the Prince of Cambridge!

He's one happy go lucky little guy. Its hard to believe that George is turning 4 already. Time has really flown by and kids grow up too quickly.

That's a charming photo of little George. I can't believe he's going to be four already tomorrow; I still remember Catherine's pregnancy with him very clearly.

That is a great picture of George. The subject being familiar with the photographer shows here.

I have considered subscribing to this magazine. Is it good?

I follow them for free on FB...I usually get enough info there. I will probably subscribe to the actual magazine (paper) later.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom