Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 3: May 2016-April 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would make more sense to just issue a type of dress expected to be worn:

Boys must wear black pants and white shirts with a tie (etc etc). Doesn't have to be logos or expensive brands.

LaRae

That is what we used to have for the boys with a specific dress for the girls but now, like most private schools - including George's - they have to have the logo and that adds massively to the expense.

I once asked why they had gone that route and the answer was 'to make the students stand out amongst the other schools around here'. I thought the tie and logo on the blazer was enough for that but no the logo has to be on every visible part of the uniform now. One student even asked me when they were going to insist on underwear with the logo on it???:D:D

Charlotte is quite the cutie isn't she? She's growing up so fast almost right before our eyes. Its hard to say who she looks like as I can see both William and Kate in her but she's uniquely herself. :D

What a beautiful little girl! She has really grown up since the last pictures we saw of her!

Even though I always get knocked down I still think Charlotte is the image of the Queen

:previous:

I agree - I also see Princess Margaret in her.

It's great to see this new photo, she's growing up fast!

Charlotte looks so cute. Her picture reminds me a lot of Lady Sarah Chatto.

Extremely beautiful little girl with exceptional eyes !

:D

Kensington Palace‏ @KensingtonRoyal
The Duke and Duchess are delighted to share a new photograph of Princess Charlotte to mark her second birthday tomorrow ?

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/858969414322049024

Yeah, the Windsor genes sure are strong in this one! :)

And from Daily Mail: Kate photographs Princess Charlotte for her birthday | Daily Mail Online

Despite the obvious resemblance to QEII I bet there is a Kate-mini-me somewhere in the text, but I haven't bothered read through the article.

The Daily Mail doesn't disappoint as they beautifully showcased pictures of the Cambridge family. One thing that strikes me is that Kate is quite the professional when taking pictures of her children. Who better to bring out the best in a child in front of a camera than their own mother?

Although I only can barely see a resemblance to HM, The Queen, I most definitely can see that both HM and Charlotte smile with their whole face.

don't see the queen her in...she still looks like william and the middletons (more carole than pippa)

I know they are people who want monthly photo updates but I very much like the frequency in which we get pics of Charlotte.

They show her growing up and we can see real change between pics.

Plus at two years old, they're aren't very many 'public appearances' for her.

I think we'll see pics of both George and Charlotte at Pippa's wedding.

What a lovely photograph of Princess Charlotte ahead of her birthday!

I'm baffled that the couple shared only one picture of their daughter. Honestly, I wonder why. Anyway, the little girl looks very curious and has an explorative glance...

Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 2: May 2016

There may be more tomorrow which is her actual birthday. There was only one George photo for his 2nd birthday released.

Last edited:
Great to see another photo of Charlotte. She looks all QEII to me!

Yes, I see a little Catherine but that's daddy's little girl for real. I'm sure she's the apple of William's eye.

A dear little girl. A very character filled face. To me there's a mixture there of William and the Middletons, with Carole and Pippa. I can't see the Queen though.

What a sweetie. And such long hair already! My 4,5 year old niece doesn't even have that much hair but she's as white blonde as they come.

She looks like a real mix between Kate and Will.

Looking at the link with the various members of the royal family at two years old, I am thinking that the one that Charlotte most resembles is Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. To me, they look very similar.

I hope there will be a few more pics released by tomorrow though.

Darling little crumb snatcher! William and Catherine made some beautiful kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though I always get knocked down I still think Charlotte is the image of the Queen
I agree with you royal rob that she is the image of her great-grandmother.:)

When I see Charlotte I see William and the Queen. About the only thing of Kate's family I see is her eyes are like Carole's.

LaRae

She used to be the spitting image of Carole Middleton. However, she is looking more like George with a hint of Carole around her eyes.

Very pretty picture of princess Charlotte. She has definitely inherited her mother's thick and beautiful hair.

I guess the Cambridge's decided to release only one photo for Charlotte's birthday. Perhaps because we'll be getting more pictures of the family at a aunt Pippa's wedding.

One thing I've noticed that rings true with the majority of the pictures Kate takes of her kids and releases to the public is that they're basically portraits where the prime focus is the child. We don't get much background. With Charlotte's birthday picture, we wouldn't have even known where on the grounds of Amner Hall it was taken unless that information was released with the picture.

Its like saying "This is what my child looks like now." without cluttering up the background. To be honest, I like it. She knows what she's doing and has a good handle on what she wants the public to see.

Well considering everything in the background get super over analyzed to see what in the background aka William's study vs Gaga's kitchen. It's a smart move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom