Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 3: May 2016-April 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great Prince George and Princess Charlotte are exposed to so many different sports and activities. Catherine and William are very sporty so it's no surprise it rubs off on the kids.

Equestrian triple-gold medalist Natasha Baker had a good chat with Kate.

The Duchess told her: "George is fascinated by fencing but I think that's because of the face shields.

"Charlotte would have loved to be here but she'd be running riot!"

Afterwards the Paralympian said: "I asked her how the children were and she said Charlotte is really enjoying her riding which is great to hear and I said we may see her here on a line-up in 20 years time.

"She emphasised that Charlotte has this passion about horses and although she doesn't echo it, she'll do her best to champion and encourage it."
Read more: Duchess Kate reveals that Princess Charlotte loves horses while Prince George is fascinated by sword-fighting - Mirror Online

Last edited:
Would love to see Charlotte become a prominent rider in the future!

LaRae

I think it's great that Charlotte and George are showing interest in sports. I'd love to see Charlotte on a horse and I bet Her Majesty is overjoyed to have another member of her family show interest in horses.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Yes me too...our grandkids have been in different sports since about the age of 3 and it's been very good for them.

LaRae

From People

Ben Affleck has revealed that his four-year-old son Samuel recently had a chance playdate with Prince George and Princess Charlotte. The Hollywood actor opened up about the royal run-in during an appearance on The Graham Norton Show, which airs on Friday, and explained that it came about when his children visited him in London during filming for his upcoming movie, Justice League.

"We did all the sights, and I wanted them to be cultured," he said. "Now, if it was in America – and I hate to admit this – you'd get a VIP pass, you'd get back stage and they would accommodate you. So I got a tour guide thinking this guy will accommodate me, but that wasn't the case!
Read more: Ben Affleck on His Son's Playdate with Prince George: 'I Can Now Tell Him He Got a Cold from the King of England!'

Last edited:
Watching tv and a CNN promotion ad came up. One of their main clips in the ad is one of Prince George refusing to give the PM of Canada a high five. That's down right funny.

It was a casual snap taken by a royal aide on a Friday night and posted on social media - but it took the world by storm.

Toddler Prince George in his dressing gown shaking hands with Barack Obama has to be the defining image of what will most likely be the outgoing President’s final trip to the UK.

Taken in April inside William, Kate, George and Charlotte’s Kensington Palace home as a sleepy George stayed up late to meet the VIP guests, it was one of a series of photographs that offered an unprecedented insight into the usually fiercely guarded Cambridge family life.

It also spelled out just how close William, Kate and Harry have become to the President and First Lady in a ‘special relationship’ that has evolved not just because of their positions but out of genuine fondness.

An aide said at the time: “The Duke invited the President and Mrs Obama to dinner because of the close relationship that has developed between them over the past few years.”
Read more: When Prince George shook hands with Barack Obama it defined Presidency and said everything about our 'special relationship' - Mirror Online

I don't know about it defining the presidency .... he was a bemused looking toddler in a dressing gown with doting parents and indulgent guests looking on!

It probably said a bit about how fairly easy these two couples are in each other's company now, having met up on a number of occasions.

My older sister knows next to nothing about royalty of any stripe, but she is besotted with Prince George. Every time she sees a photo of him she reacts like it's the Beatles or Elvis. :lol:

That shot of him greeting President Obama in his bathrobe sent her into orbit. He is indeed one of the most photogenic children ever, for sure.

Harry has always seemed super affectionate with Michelle Obama in a way that would have been unheard of for a member of the BRF just a generation ago. I can see that they are close.(Harry and Michelle O)

It will be interesting to see what type of personal friendship (if any) is forged between the new incoming Administration and the Windsors.

At today's engagement for the Natural History Museum, Kate had some news about everyone's favourite royal toddlers :D

Emily Nash ‏@emynash
The #DuchessofCambridge told children at the @NHM_London: "George loves the T Rex because it's the noisiest and the scariest."

Emily Nash ‏@emynash
#Kate also said #PrincessCharlotte is "extremely chatty" and always wants a playdate with her big brother.. #royals

Press Association ‏@PA
Watch the Duchess of Cambridge reveal that Prince George 'likes the T Rex because it is the noisiest and the scariest'
https://twitter.com/PA/status/801136389685248000

See which dinosaur is Prince George's favorite (Clue: it's 'loud')

Last edited:
That's a lovely idea. Just thinking you don't have to be a princess to have such a memory pic!

Last edited:
Back at the start of the Canada tour, George very famously did not return the high five of PM Trudeau.
At the time, I for one thought (and others opined here in the forums), that as a Brit, George was likely unfamiliar with the high five and may not have known how to respond.
Well, there is evidence today that George's Mom has learned to offer a high five. I post here in hopes that she teaches the kids this plebeian social skill.
https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/status/809117267938177024 :flowers:

Is there some reason George needs to know how to high five someone? We are just peasants here...didn't teach my kids how to high five....

LaRae

The time spent in the play garden during the Canadian tour is probably the most we have seen of Charlotte, but even that glimpse seemed to show her as more adventurous than George; she was gone the minute Kate let go of her whilst George tended to hang back before following her lead to go banging on the balloons!

When George was younger he was like that. It's as he's gotten older and more aware of things he's gotten a bit more cautious I think, at least in public settings.

When William talks about him he seems to indicate he's quite a handful to keep up with.

LaRae

William said today that Prince George has sneakily unwrapped some Christmas gifts under the tree :lol:

I remember my mom caught my trying to re-wrap gifts that I opened as a toddler. It wasn't a pretty sight

Little kids are like that. All go.. go... go. So much so that by the end of the day the parent's get up and go went and they're pooped. :D

Aw, that's so cute :lol: It reminds me of the times when I was little, and I used to peek into the slit of my advent calendar to see how big the chocolates inside were. :D

With the reports that we've gotten so far on how Charlotte is a real go getter, it would stand to reason that she'll want to do "just like George" does and want to even follow him to school the first day in September (if that's when he starts). A child is very naturally curious and wants to explore the world around them and in my mind, I see Charlotte having her backpack ready and set to go to school "just like George" two weeks before school starts. :D

I noticed her and the candy cane too. I don't think she attempted to put the cane in her mouth after that though, lol.

She has probably spent time out in the garden with her mother too. It is just logic though that you plant things and then you pick them and then you eat them. :D

Please note that several argumentative and disruptive posts have been deleted. Time also to move on to the topic of the thread which is general news about Prince George and Princess Charlotte, not a debate on private schools, costs or indeed where other members of the Royal Family were educated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom