Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News 2: May 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mail's side by side comparison of Prince George pointing w/ his grandfather Prince Charles doing the same caused me to chuckle - exactly the same gesture, even down to the left hand in coat pocket!

I think Catherine was very wise to take and release these pictures .... one-upmanship done very well. Recently Anne Hathaway did the same by posting pictures of herself in a bikini (pregnant) after seeing someone taking her picture. George is certainly adorable, very handsome little boy.

very sweet pictures, i am glad they marked the occasion. i was hoping for a picture of all the family... oh well, maybe next time!

I actually think George still looks more like the Middleton side of the family, with the exception of his blonde hair. His little nose might resemble his grandfather Mike Middleton's or become more like William's as he grows, however. I'm sure he had a wonderful time in those few hours and is looking forward to more!

Our little Prince Charming made it onto many of tomorrow's of front pages.

The Telegraph, The Sun, The Times, The Daily Mail, Metro and The Daily Express all have a fp with George.

Prince George is too cute! I love that we get to see his naturally wavy hair in this picture. I feel like his hair is often "tamed" for other more formal pictures or in his rare official events.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love how "normal" the photos seem, George just looks like any other normal kid going to school. He looks very cute with his curls and he is no doubt a handsome little boy.

Most likely there's a change of clothes and a stuffed animal for naptime in the backpack. Maybe a snack if the school does not serve any.

Gosh, I used to love nap time in school.

He's only there for a couple of hours so no nap. But a comfort item and drink bottle for sure. I doubt he would have been left on his first day more a getting to know you day.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

What the backpack is even more important for is for what George will be bringing home in it. Hope Kate has a good supply of refrigerator magnets handy!

Is this not very similar to how CP Victoria handled Princess Estelle's first day at school, she had her first day away from the press and then later they were invited along to take photographs of her attending school? Not that I believe The Cambridge's will be inviting the media along to take photographs. I hope PG settles in quickly and is very happy in his new pre-school.

I'm off topic, but every time I see these side by side photos of George and Wills when he was young, I wonder if William remembers any of what we recall so easily? Just because there are what become iconic photos to us does not mean that that was/will be what little minds remember.
I was just speaking to a friend over the holidays about the first compliments that we remember... first play moments, early teachers,etc. :flowers:

Always interesting to read the views of a royal correspondent for television. Usually much less intrusive than a newspaper reporter. Simon Vigar for 5 News

Simon Vigar ‏@simonvigar5 22 hrs22 hours ago
#PrinceGeorge picture taken by duchess outside nursery: both she and the duke dropped off george this morning @5_News

Simon Vigar ‏@simonvigar5 22 hrs22 hours ago
Nice pic with a serious purpose, to devalue any long lens shots and deter paparazzi from hanging around norfolk @5_News

Last edited:
looks like the media missed photographing George off to school for the first time. I like how his parents controlled this.

This time the Cambridges really handled the things well!

Last edited:
This time the Cambridges really handled the things well!

I thought it was said that he would start school towards the end of January, but he started during early January. It was a nice controlled surprise.

I thought it was said that he would start school towards the end of January, but he started during early January. It was a nice controlled surprise.
They actually didn't say "the end of January" but everyone interpeted it as that. They said "before the end of January". Clever way of phrasing it without lying. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom