Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News 2: May 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it curious that so many people are seeing Carol in Charlotte's features rather than Catherine. The moment I saw the pic I thought she closely resembled her mother Catherine.

Soon as I saw the pic I thought Carole.

LaRae

My mother thinks she is the spit of William and I see more Catherine with some of the Queen and William mixed in.

This is the nature of baby photos though, everyone sees someone different.

Of course it all depends on the pose too. In one photo, Charlotte may smile and the smile reaches her eyes just like the Queen's. In another she may crinkle her eyes and look like Harry and Charles do when they do that same action. Another shot she may look up at the camera and we're reminded of William and Diana. We have to remember too that the comparisons that we're making mostly are comparisons to photos of who she might take after.

The gene pool is like a vegetable soup. All kinds of good stuffs in there and sometimes one comes up with more peas than carrots and other times we go fishing for our favorite vegetable.

Dark hair, blue eyes and a creamy white skin. She's a beautiful girl.

Princess Charlotte is beautiful and looks like her mom, I would love to see the siblings together because they look like each parent

Carole has blue eyes.

3 of the 4 grandparents have blue eyes (Charles, Diana,and Carole), that why the Cambridge children have a 50% chance of having blue eyes themselves. It's a coin flip as we've seen with George and Charlotte.

Last edited:
IMO Charlotte's blue eyes make perfect sense to me. One of her parents has blue eyes (William). It's George who surprises me, as neither William nor Kate has brown eyes... Kate does have a hazel shade but her eyes are mostly green... LOL, I will never understand genetics.

Thanks for responding. I'm sure you see it, plenty of others on here do too, but for whatever reason I only see Carole, Catherine, HM, and QEQM. Admittedly, she does have her father's columella but the rest of the nose is different.

If I were to dole out percentages for what I see in Charlotte:
70% Carole
10% Catherine
10% HM
10% QEQM

On the other hand, I would give George :
65% Mike
25% William
10% Catherine

Catherine keeps sneaking in with 10%. Jack of all babies, doppelgänger of none.:lol:

Yep I agree

Folks, the child's looks is a combo of her mother and father. Her appearance will change as she get older.

^ What colour are Mike Middleton's eyes? For years I thought they were a very dark blue but are they an equally dark brown?

IMO Charlotte's blue eyes make perfect sense to me. One of her parents has blue eyes (William). It's George who surprises me, as neither William nor Kate has brown eyes... Kate does have a hazel shade but her eyes are mostly green... LOL, I will never understand genetics.

Even geneticists don't understand hazel eyes. They have a bunch of different theories but none are close to being proven.

Personally, I would call Catherine's eyes green instead of hazel. It is possible for a green-eyed parent and a blue-eyed parent to have a brown-eyed child. Ten years ago, geneticists would have nixed the idea. But more recent research shows that eye color is determined by a lot more factors (and more chromosomes!), than their previous simplistic Mendelian model.

Another example in the BRF of eye oddity is the Yorks. Andrew and Sarah both have blue eyes, but Beatrice has heterochromia. Her right eye is blue and her left eye is green/hazel.

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:With all this talk of who PC looks like, well she looks like Princess Charlotte to me and maybe a bit of the QM. One very gorgeous bundle of joy for her parents and brother and most surly her grandfather PC who so wanted a girl.

Thanks for responding. I'm sure you see it, plenty of others on here do too, but for whatever reason I only see Carole, Catherine, HM, and QEQM. Admittedly, she does have her father's columella but the rest of the nose is different.

If I were to dole out percentages for what I see in Charlotte:
70% Carole
10% Catherine
10% HM
10% QEQM

On the other hand, I would give George :
65% Mike
25% William
10% Catherine

Catherine keeps sneaking in with 10%. Jack of all babies, doppelgänger of none.:lol:

miss whirley, whatever criteria your brain uses to determine these things, mine does it the same way. At first I thought I saw a hint of William around Charlotte's eyes, but then I saw that pic of Carole beside hers and I nixed that idea in favour of Carole's influence. Now I've had another look at pics of William as a baby, I see nothing at all of William in the photos we've so far seen of Charlotte.

The new photos of Charlotte are adorable! She's such a beautiful baby and she appears to be happy too. I see more of Catherine in her than William, but I can't tell which other members of the BRF and Middleton family she resembles. I also think she looks a lot like her older brother, George.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:With all this talk of who PC looks like, well she looks like Princess Charlotte to me and maybe a bit of the QM. One very gorgeous bundle of joy for her parents and brother and most surly her grandfather PC who so wanted a girl.

I agree -PC has been waiting 30+ years for a little Princess. W/ his fondness for gifting the females in his life with jewelry I'm excited for what we'll see adorning Charlotte in the future.
She does have a very engaging smile. Hopefully some magazine will run an article w/ age 6 mo. pix of the grandparents/parents so I can see these resemblances everyone else sees. All I see is that her face seems a bit less round than her brother's and that she has blue eyes and he brown.

Last edited:
I love that the photographs were not released until after The Fail's much lauded Kate's Cutie's calendar had gone to press.

It's adorable that both siblings have diferent "colors": George with blonde hair and dark eyes, and Charlotte with dark hair and blue eyes.

It's adorable that both siblings have diferent "colors": George with blonde hair and dark eyes, and Charlotte with dark hair and blue eyes.

I think I have just updated my goals in life. To be still kicking my rock when George and Charlotte's children are born to see the comparisons made then. It follows right after being able to be a pain in my children's butts. :whistling:

Even geneticists don't understand hazel eyes. They have a bunch of different theories but none are close to being proven.

Personally, I would call Catherine's eyes green instead of hazel. It is possible for a green-eyed parent and a blue-eyed parent to have a brown-eyed child. Ten years ago, geneticists would have nixed the idea. But more recent research shows that eye color is determined by a lot more factors (and more chromosomes!), than their previous simplistic Mendelian model.

Another example in the BRF of eye oddity is the Yorks. Andrew and Sarah both have blue eyes, but Beatrice has heterochromia. Her right eye is blue and her left eye is green/hazel.

This must be some kind of novelty, as in other ancient times, it would have looked suspicious:lol:. I'vel always learned that a child, whose parents have blue/green eyes ,would inherit dark/brown eyes only in case granparents had dakr eyes... Afaik, nor Charles and Diana, neither Michael and Carole have brown eyes... It's still fascinating:flowers:

Mike Middleton has brown eyes. So does Pippa

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I'd prefer to wait a few more months to decide because we don't know whose nose she inherited. But overall she reminds Carole a bit more than anyone.
Her eye color can still change become hazel too. I won't be surprised if she ends up with green/blue or brown/blue eyes.

Last edited:
This must be some kind of novelty, as in other ancient times, it would have looked suspicious:lol:. I'vel always learned that a child, whose parents have blue/green eyes ,would inherit dark/brown eyes only in case granparents had dakr eyes... Afaik, nor Charles and Diana, neither Michael and Carole have brown eyes... It's still fascinating:flowers:
it is outdated and very simplified theory
most recent researches show that there are two groups of genes: one group allows to inherit brown color, anather group define coloring power.
As a result people with such eyes color
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Human_Iris_JD052007.jpg
have children with such eyes color
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Light_brown_eye.jpg

Last edited:
it is outdated and very simplified theory
most recent researches show that there are two groups of genes: one group allows to inherit brown color, anather group define coloring power.
As a result people with such eyes color
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Human_Iris_JD052007.jpg
have children with such eyes color
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Light_brown_eye.jpg

Thank you!:lol:

It certainly served my as a lecture...;)

Mike Middleton has brown eyes. So does Pippa

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Skippyboo: I don't know if you are refering to my post, if so, could you please quote me? Otherwise, I always end up wondering whether or not you wanted to reply to me.:flowers:. I'lve always believed (judging from pics etc) they too had blue eyes...:ohmy:. Maybe they have a dark blue shade?

Are you sure? They look blue/grey to me!

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/experiments/usatoday/quizzes/2014/quiz-george/images/q2-a1.jpg

But your are right about Pippa: hazel, apparently

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/3340880/images/o-PIPPA-MIDDLETON-facebook.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When I look at the latest photos of Princess Charlotte, I see the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom