Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News 2: May 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The company that has been involved in this work came about through the Princes charities in supporting local and artisan work. This is a gift in return.

there is no issue here, as this is a thank you gift. People can try and be negative about this but I see a loving grandfather creating an exciting environment for his grandchildren for yrs to come.

Why not just enjoy it.?

The company that has been involved in this work came about through the Princes charities in supporting local and artisan work. This is a gift in return.

there is no issue here, as this is a thank you gift. People can try and be negative about this but I see a loving grandfather creating an exciting environment for his grandchildren for yrs to come.

Why not just enjoy it.?

This is my thoughts on it too. I can just picture George's glee when being told they're going over to Grampa's house. Not only does he get to visit "his" tree but also has his own "little estate" to manage. I think both George and Charlotte will have very happy memories from this.

Charles is nobody's fool and knows the ins and outs of the protocol of royal gift giving and should there have been any kind of "misbehavin'" with accepting the hut, it wouldn't have happened. I definitely believe that Charles is the one that would know best about this issue than anyone else outside the royal family.

I'm not being negative. I just asked a question and then there was a discussion about the question. Isn't that the point of this forum to have discussions?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

This would probably come under 'personal occasion', ie George's second birthday. I do think that the royals probably do cherry pick as far as the items are given as gifts are concerned, though.

I'm not being negative. I just asked a question and then there was a discussion about the question. Isn't that the point of this forum to have discussions?

And a darned good question is is. Sometimes its questions like yours that open a discussion and in this case, I learn something about royals and the gifts they receive and how they're processed etc, etc, etc. If we didn't ask questions and present opinions, all we'd be left with is links. Links are great to read but it is the conversations where I mostly learn things. :D

I think they generally dont accept gifts from companies because most times the companies are giving them for self promotion.

I think this one was accepted because : -it was a personal occasion and the company got started with the help of the Prince's trust. I think it was more of " you helped us when we were getting off our feet, congratulations on your grandson" kind of gift.
The company clearly didnt do it for PR reasons as the gift was for George's 1st birthday and no one knew about it until these garden tours.

I love how there are now stories of Charles and George going y,x & z together. I mean poor man doesnt see his grandkids because of the evil Middletons:ROFLMAO::whistling::ROFLMAO::whistling:

Seems Charles does spend quality time with George after all :) I'm shocked Richard Kay and Sebastian Shakespeare got it wrong (again) :ROFLMAO:

The heir to the throne, 66, has enjoyed a picnic complete with plastic cups in the garden with George and introduced him to the art of tree planting - he will plant hundreds of trees in his life as a royal. "There was a lot of stamping of wellingtons and several watering cans involved,"
Prince George and Princess Charlotte get new royal treehouse from Charles | Royal | News | Daily Express

One aide told the Mail: ‘The gardens at Highgrove have always been the prince’s passion but he has never lost sight of the fact that this is a family home where his children and now grandchildren play.

‘He and Prince George have already spent some very happy times here together and will no doubt spend many more.’

The future king regularly enjoys picnics in the gardens with George and has even bought him a tea set, complete with plastic cups, to play with.

The little prince, who is third in line to the throne, is said to be particularly taken with the spectacular treehouse his grandfather had built for William and Harry.
Prince Charles turns Highgrove gardens into playground for grandson George | Daily Mail Online

Love that this is the tree house that their father and uncle played in as children. I know that Princess Beatrice recently gave a tour of the playhouse that belonged to the Queen and Princess Margaret as children. Apparently all of the royal children/grandchildren and now great-grandchildren can still enjoy these delightful structures.

The information about Prince George planting a tree with his grandfather is sweet, I wonder if Prince Charles will pass on his love for nature to Prince George.

Love that this is the tree house that their father and uncle played in as children. I know that Princess Beatrice recently gave a tour of the playhouse that belonged to the Queen and Princess Margaret as children. Apparently all of the royal children/grandchildren and now great-grandchildren can still enjoy these delightful structures.

Ahh, that's lovely. I remember the tour of HM and Princess Margaret's playhouse with Princess Beatrice too, wasn't it on Our Queen?

I saw pictures of Prince George with Carol Middleton playing on a beach. I saw them on Facebook and they are very sweet but I'm not sure how to post them here.

I saw pictures of Prince George with Carol Middleton playing on a beach. I saw them on Facebook and they are very sweet but I'm not sure how to post them here.

just post the link to the fb page.. i think you wouldn't risk anything:whistling:

A couple of these photos have been posted from an Instagram account by the RFM and not windsor/windsorsworld twitter accounts now - looks to be a cold and windy day.

And little PG seems to have gone through a growth spurt - looking tall.

Beware anyone offended by non-official photos - of course these aren't official pics.

Last edited:
I saw the pictures on fb as well. George looked like he was having a blast playing in the sand and water. He's definitely getting taller.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I love his natural wavy/curly hair. That pic for his b-day was adorable and seemed to show his little monkey personality.

I wouldn't mind playing in that garden myself. It is beautiful. I would never drink my morning coffee indoors again.

Haha, I wonder who had more sand on them, George or Lupo .... I remember those times well, stripping down a little one so the sand was not tracked in. He is really adorable.

Who is the blonde lady in the last picture?
Who is taking care of Lupo when he is not with Carole and George?

If these pictures were taken on George's birthday was it before or after the party?

Is this a private beach on the Sandringham Estate?

Why is George always with Carole, never with Mike or William?

Are these pictures real or lookalikes?

If real, is someone tipping off the photographers?

If real, George is very close to Carole and at the christening if he said 'where is granny', then clearly he was referring to Carole and not the Queen.

Lupo -Yeah. He hasn't been seen recently since Charlotte bumped him out of the family photo. He looked liked he helped George out with his hole digging.

I know there is a group of people on this forum that don't want to look at paparazzi photos so posting the actual photos in a message instead of a link doesn't help the pap avoiders. Back in the Harry Potter heyday, the message board would use spoiler tags so people could talk about the books and movies and not ruin it. The spoiler tag would black out the text and to view it you had to highlight it. Is that something that would work here?

goodness, lmao

There were paps at the house taking pics of the mail man dropping off mail. I highly doubt they needed to be tipped off to them leaving the house. They have eyes.

Last edited:
People were seen arriving at 4 for the party so this was probably in the morning. Lupo is pretty free range so he could be just roaming around. There would be an RPO there but he/she isn't in the shot.

Some said William had the day off for George's birthday but he was on for the day before and if he was on the second shift the night before he could have be sleeping.

I think a link to the pictures would be just fine, that way those who want to see them can click, and those who don't can scroll on down. Spoiler alerts are fine, but would be a bit annoying with all the highlighting, especially on the mobile app.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

They are sweet photos though it looks too cold for an ideal day at the beach. I know the beaches in Norfolk as I grew up in the county. They are full of shingle, unless the tide is really out. The beach was probably at Holkham IMO, as there is more sand there and a children's play area since the nudists moved out!

Judging by Carole's face as she looked over her shoulder, she knew these photos were being taken, and so, presumably, did the RPO that would have accompanied them. Why no ushering away for the person who seems to have taken several shots quite close to both George and Carole?

Last edited:
It looks to me like the photos were taken with a long lens. So even if Carole did spot the photographer, what more could she do besides ignore him/her and go about her day.

Judging by Carole's face as she looked over her shoulder, she knew these photos were being taken, and so, presumably, did the RPO that would have accompanied them. Why no ushering away for the person who seems to have taken several shots quite close to both George and Carole?

Carole could have been looking over her shoulder at Lupo or listening to something the protection officer is saying to her. She doesn't necessarily have to have seen the photographer. In fact, I think the photographer is very far away and not nearly as close as you might think. But, if Carole did spot the photog, she probably decided not to make a fuss so that George wouldn't be upset. The beach visit is all about him, after all.

Who is the blonde lady in the last picture?
Just a lady walking on the beach.

Who is taking care of Lupo when he is not with Carole and George
Lupo is probably roaming free and having a ball in the sand. It is unlikely he would run away since he is with his family, especially George.

If these pictures were taken on George's birthday was it before or after the party?
The party was in the afternoon.

Is this a private beach on the Sandringham Estate?
It is Norfolk Beach, which is public.

Why is George always with Carole, never with Mike or William?
How do you know who he's with?

Are these pictures real or lookalikes?
They look real to me.

If real, is someone tipping off the photographers?
There are photographers who make a living getting pictures of the famous in their "down time" so there are probably two or three who hang outside Anmer at all times.

If real, George is very close to Carole and at the christening if he said 'where is granny', then clearly he was referring to Carole and not the Queen.
I never thought he was referring to the Queen. George seemed anxious to keep Carole in his sights the whole time. At least that's the way I saw it.

There is no Norfolk Beach. Norfolk is an English county. It was probably Holkham beach or possibly Wells.

This will again ignite the resentment in the Brirish media about when the Cambridges feel that photos can be taken of their children and when they can't. There was a question mark over whether photos should be allowed of Kate and Prince George in his pusher in Kensington Gardens which is also a public park, remember?

There is no Norfolk Beach. Norfolk is an English county. It was probably Holkham beach or possibly Wells.

This will again ignite the resentment in the Brirish media about when the Cambridges feel that photos can be taken of their children and when they can't. There was a question mark over whether photos should be allowed of Kate and Prince George in his pusher in Kensington Gardens which is also a public park, remember?

Actually, there was no debate. To film or photograph in a Royal Park such as Kensington Gardens you need a permit. Amateur photography is only allowed if it's not for profit or professional use. And you are only allowed to take pictures of children if their parents have signed a release form. All pictures of Prince George at Kensington were illegal. Can't really debate the law, pretty cut and dry.

Granted, though tell that to Tanna! Nevertheless, the British press has been complaining about sources taking unauthorised pictures of George and then selling them to foreign media outlets so they don't get a sniff. Royal photo sessions are strictly limited to one photographer and the photos taken are released to Twitter first. British newspapers get left behind, hobbled and handcuffed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom