Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News 2: May 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When does making George more available spil over into PR territory though, when in response to media complaints that he has been hidden away? And I accept that some of the photo ops when William and Harry were children were over the top.

And yes, Leonore wore her great great grandfather's white dress from when he was a little boy in the 1880's at the wedding of Carl Philip and Sofia the other day.

I haven't been on the Trooping of the Colour thread.

Particularly a bit too much (the psychoanalysis) due to the fact we see maybe 1 percent of their family life. We are only seeing what we glimpse in person (for those who live there and come across them at events) or via cameras/pictures showing them while they are 'on duty'. Now and then someone sneaks a pic of them on their free time (recently Kate and George at a playground or some sort of place and George interacted with other kids just fine) and for the most part they are just going about their daily lives like the rest of us.

The idea that anyone has enough info to make some of these negative conclusions is ridiculous.

LaRae

The fact is all these families have different ways some more affectionate than others in public. I think William and Kate are doing a good job with George he is happy and well adjusted. These few pictures are the ones bought by the papers not all the pictures taken are purchased so we never see all of the day if it is even photographed.

When does making George more available spil over into PR territory though, when in response to media complaints that he has been hidden away? And I accept that some of the photo ops when William and Harry were children were over the top.

:sarcasm: Wherever you decide, I guess. :sarcasm: What kind of question is this? They're trying to thread the needle. And they're going to get blanked for it any which way they go. As this thread proves.

And yes, Leonore wore her great great grandfather's white dress from when he was a little boy in the 1880's at the wedding of Carl Philip and Sofia the other day.

And this is proof that CG loves his granddaughter? In that case, George is the best-loved of all grandchildren, since he has George VI's name and QEII's name variation as a middle name. Again, no sense made here.

He's not hugging him so it doesn't count....that's what you are gonna get told Jackie.

LaRae

Usually it's " William is a bad daddy because he us never seen out and about with George". Now after all the affection he's shown his son there had to be a other victim....Charles, Peter, Zara and all their off spring for the win.

I just think that there are some people out there for whom Charles can do nothing right.

I don't think I've ever seen a natural snap of Carl Gustaf with Estelle or Leonor. I've seen the one of him holding Estelle at her christening which is posed. However I don't doubt that he loves them both and has a normal grandparents relationship with them.

I'm just glad that they're bringing George to public events and allowing the public to watch him grow up. I was so thrilled he was on the balcony this year and the polo shots were even better.

That may end up being a great balance- the Cambridges live privately for a few months, then do a few high profile events, then live privately for a few months. Kind of seasonal updates on the children with events for William and Catherine sprinkled in.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Hmmm, I guess I should start to worry there is not one existing picture of me hugging or kissing my grandchildren, ages 13 1/2 and 11. There were one or two when they were babies and I was holding them but my computer crashed and I lost the pictures.

Again, should I worry? :ohmy:

:lol:

Hmmm, I guess I should start to worry there is not one existing picture of me hugging or kissing my grandchildren, ages 13 1/2 and 11. There were one or two when they were babies and I was holding them but my computer crashed and I lost the pictures.

Again, should I worry? :ohmy:

:lol:

Yes, run to Olan Mills and take pictures now!!!!!!! ??

All of this psychoanalysis of these beautiful pictures is making me sad. It's ridiculous. These small children were interacting absolutely spot on for their ages, all of them. George, of course, preferred his mother to any other adult but he did not ignore Zara or Autumn or any of the men, he just preferred his Mummy. It's a real shame that there are people who don't like the Cambridges and will use any opportunity to speak badly of them. A real shame.:sad:

Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News: May 2015

I'm just glad that they're bringing George to public events and allowing the public to watch him grow up. I was so thrilled he was on the balcony this year and the polo shots were even better.

That may end up being a great balance- the Cambridges live privately for a few months, then do a few high profile events, then live privately for a few months. Kind of seasonal updates on the children with events for William and Catherine sprinkled in.

If the Cambridges were to take this approach, it would indeed be a happy medium; they get their private lives, and allow the public a few glimpses of their children, along with a few engagements. I'm for it. It's a win-win (of course there will be those that complain, since nothing is ever good enough for those that dislike this particular family).

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Will and Kate have been severely criticized over the past year for only releasing their photographs of George and not letting him be stalked and photographed. So now George is approaching 2, KP announces that they are going to make George more accessible because they accept people have an interest in him and want to see him.

So 1st opportunity: Dad carries him on the balcony at the Trooping and they put him in a family heirloom romper - worn by both Grandpa Charles and Dad (mind you the Swedes do this ALL the time). William is very protective when he first walks on the balcony gauging George's reaction to the sea of people in front of them... is he going be amazed or shriek in terror? I think William was trying to make sure he had a hasty exit path should the 23 month old freak out (no doubt Nanny Maria was right inside the door). George seems comfortable on the balcony and is perfecting his wave. all breathe a sigh of relief.

The next day they take him to polo - a confined safe environment where photos can be taken of George playing. I'm guessing at the cousins dinner with their grandparents last week it came up and at the trooping yesterday... as does in family get-togethers. Grandpa Charles makes an appearance, some cousins and Dad and Uncle Harry play polo. All in all a I think a much less frightening photo opportunity than what William was subjected to at his age: a 2 yr old in a walled garden with 50 cameras in his face).

and to read this thread (and the one on the Trooping) you would think the Cambridges have committed the most heinous sins - 1st upstaging HM (...and Charles, Camilla, Andrew, Harry and Louise) on the balcony and then forcing a staged photo call with family members that obviously hate to be there.

I choose to believe it was a nice day at the polo grounds taking advantage of Will & Kate being in London and trying to make George more 'available' to the press... and some sweet pictures emerged. Sometimes, the psycho-analysis of Windsor family dynamics seems a bit much.
THANK YOU! Just... thank you!

Anyone want to psycho analyze the pix of George and Charlotte?

I made the remark about Leonore wearing her ancestors dress in response to a previous poster who spoke about George's balcony outfit and said that the Swedes do it all the time, not because of anything to do with Carl Gustav.

In none of my posts have I said anything nasty about the Cambridges or George or Kate in particular. I originally posted because it seemed to me when viewing the photos on the balcony and the ones at the polo that George was not interacting with other children and didn't seem to know who the other adults like Zara and Autumn were.

I also remarked that George did not seem to be reacting to other adults on the balcony except his mother and father and it was the same at the polo. I also posted that there were no photos of Charles embracing his grandson in a grandfatherly way.

I still do not believe that George sees that much of his grandfather or has seen the Phillips and Tindalls more than a couple of times. I do think that the royals employ PR tactics at times to get a point across.

Apparently I am not allowed to hold these views, which in some eyes are akin to attacking Kate, William, George and the entire royal family in some terrible way. I'm no longer going to post any more on this because of course you are all in the right and I am entirely in the wrong.

I remember speaking to a journalist friend before Diana and Charles's marriage broke down and he told me that no stories were to be printed in the paper he worked for which even hinted at any cracks in the union at all because people wanted so much to believe in the fairy tale.

God forbid now, a generation later, that anyone ever suggests that the Windsors suffer from family stresses and strains, or that many of them hardly ever see each other from month to month or that some stories about them are simply PR, or that George doesn't have dozens of family visits from relatives each week, because of course they would all be dreadful lies wouldnt they?

I think it's more that it's very silly to read into how a two year old is reacting when faced with thousands of cheering people and cameras. Any child would cling to their parents in similar circumstances and reading into it as more than that is just a bit ridiculous.

It doesn't say anything one way or the other about extended family relationships and extrapolating otherwise will always merit an eye roll.

I would hope George doesn't have all his family members visiting his home. 1. Charlotte is a newborn who needs rest 2. I'm sure that would disrupt a 2yr Olds world 3. Most of the people in these pictures have children of their own they need to focus on.
Pictures don't always tell the whole story, I remember being shocked to hear that William and Harry were so close to Zara and Peter, so much so that they rushed to be with them in 1997 and that Zara was named a god mother. George may or may not have interacted with his little cousins, or maybe he's just bored because they are girls and don't have the cool toys like trucks and Polo sticks.

It is clear that these people do not meet often but it does not mean it was a PR stunt.

Based on the pictures, it looks like George was being introduced to Isla.

Extended families do not often see very much of each other and the BRF is no different.

We know that last year George visited the Tindall home. Mia was only an infant so there was probably no interaction between them. These are the only two confirmed incidences. There are no confirmed meetings between the Phillip and Cambridge children prior to Sunday.

It is possible the children met at Christmas but that is not confirmed. If the children last met six months ago they may not have remembered each other. An adult can maintain a relationship even if they only see each other every few years but young children forgot after a couple of weeks.

I remember being surprised that the Phillips' and Wales cousins were close because I never got the impression that Anne/Mark and Charles/Diana did much together. Therefore I believed their children did not spend time with each other. However spending time together at Balmoral, Sandringham etc..must have created some sort of bond between the four of them. When I view these photos I see seven adults and their kids enjoying time together, no more and no less.:)

One of the reason Charles bought Highgrove was to be near his sister.

In the Housekeeper's Diary, she states that Zara would come to the Highgrove to play with William and Harry and that W&H always looked forward to Zara's visit.

The parents may not have interacted but the children did.

There are plenty of photos of William and Harry with Peter and Zara when they were little. William and Zara are only a year apart. They would spent a lot of time together at Windsor, Balmoral and Sandringham.

The whole extended family gets together at BP for Christmas and then Queen's section gets to together at Sandringham. The only part of Sandringham we see is the church walk and the little ones don't go to it but that doesn't mean that they aren't opening presents with the family on Christmas Eve.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I always thought the older 6 cousins were all quite close. The York's and Wales' used to go skiing together quite a bit, and of course the Phillips' and Wales' cousins are close in age so spent a lot of time together as children.

George looked super cute on Sunday although I have to say I wasn't a fan of him wearing Crocs. Crocs are TERRIBLE shoes for children to walk in as they have no support. Of course he was only wearing them for a short period, but it's just my opinion on crocs.

You know it makes me kind of sad James and Louise have no paternal cousins near their age to play with.

You know it makes me kind of sad James and Louise have no paternal cousins near their age to play with.

It's just one of those things really. Edward is much younger than Charles so it would have been unlikely his children would have been close in age, even if he had had children earlier with Sophie. Edward is only 13 years older than his nephew Peter and they both had children within a few years of each other (James in 2007 and Savannah in 2010), mainly because Edward and Sophie had children later in life. Louise and James appear to be comfortable with their older cousins, who all seem to be friendly with them when they are together. (There was those lovely images of Zara and James last August at horse trials, which was lovely to see as we have never seen them photographed together.) Louise and James will naturally be friendlier with Savannah, Isla etc. due to their closeness in age.

Last edited:
Very nice to know that the Cambridge's spent the weekend at Highrove. I'm sure Charles enjoyed having his family there and played with the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom