Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News 2: May 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My goodness. It was just a day at the polo. Kate and George were there to see William. There was no PR angle, there was just a bunch of toddlers playing and enjoying themselves.

I posted pics in the current events thread of Autumn Philips playing on the hill with George. There are pics of Zara with her arms around William. William and Peter hugging one another. The families are obviously close.

Nobody is denying that William and Kate know Zara and the Phillips, though I don't know how often they get together really. However, if their son knew them he would show it more than he did.

No, heaven forbid. The royals NEVER use PR to get a point across. The thought would never cross their minds!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yes, passed George the tractor. And after that....?

Last edited:
Verly lovely pics from the polo. This is a nice one of Isla passing George his toy tractor.
http://previews.rexfeatures.com/pre...13ec4a9a46311755e0e5de6d33f3896a2970b32aa33f5

Also that Mia is adorable. I see a bit of grandma Ann in her. lol

Aww i guess george scraped his knee
http://previews.rexfeatures.com/pre...e7bacc603c23895151c36e0f7cb04bd15f587a488ddc1

George is recoiling in horror! He obviously doesn't have a clue who anyone is. Just kidding. It was a lovely day. Glad everyone enjoyed themselves.

Very nice picture! I have no impression of a cold family climate. Everybody seems close to everybody. George may be a bit shy, but what's wrong with it? A lot of toddlers seem a bit grumpy. We have to remember that toddlers have a very different feeling about time because they are that young. When you are under two then is a time of two weeks when you don't meet someone, an eon to you. So you can't have feelings of family ties at that age :lol: The cousins are older and more caring and interested. The natural way of life!

George knows his cousins (yes, they do have play dates because Mike has publically said so) and there were interactions between them all.

It was a nice family outing indeed.

Verly lovely pics from the polo. This is a nice one of Isla passing George his toy tractor.
http://previews.rexfeatures.com/pre...13ec4a9a46311755e0e5de6d33f3896a2970b32aa33f5

Also that Mia is adorable. I see a bit of grandma Ann in her. lol

Aww i guess george scraped his knee
http://previews.rexfeatures.com/pre...e7bacc603c23895151c36e0f7cb04bd15f587a488ddc1

Yes, passed George the tractor. And after that....?

They probably continued to chat and play, and when the polo was over, headed back to Highgrove!

I'll give my two cents on this conversation/psychoanalysis.

I do think it's interesting that in 2 years we've never seen Harry engage with George. We've seen Charles, Zara, Peter and Autumn all interact with him, even if it's been slightly one-sided on their part. Maybe Harry doesn't like being displaced as the baby of the Wales branch. Charles always seemed to spoil and dote on Harry, which fed into Harry's random streaks of immaturity. Now Charles is all about gushing over George and Charlotte at his engagements. Charles wanted his grandson next to him on the Trooping balcony and Harry was left in the background. Harry is 30, out of the Army and single. For the first time the media and BRF are treating him as a full-fledged adult instead of a mischievous lad. No wonder he's gluing himself to his much younger party loving York cousins. They offer him avoidance, George offers him a reminder.

Nobody is denying that William and Kate know Zara and the Phillips, though I don't know how often they get together really. However, if their son knew them he would show it more than he did.

No, heaven forbid. The royals NEVER use PR to get a point across. The thought would never cross their minds!

Zara is George's godmother. I'm sure she sees him. I'm certain that wasn't done for PR purposes.

They seemed like an affectionate group to me. Lots of hugs all around.

But then who George plays with in a few pics really doesn't tell me the relationship he has with people. That at 2 he was frequently with his mom is not surprising to me.

As for Trooping, the person who interacted with George the most was William, not surprising since he was the one holding him. But, I saw Kate, Charles and the Queen smiling at him. He wasn't ignored by everyone, for sure.

Very nice picture! I have no impression of a cold family climate. Everybody seems close to everybody. George may be a bit shy, but what's wrong with it? A lot of toddlers seem a bit grumpy. We have to remember that toddlers have a very different feeling about time because they are that young. When you are under two then is a time of two weeks when you don't meet someone, an eon to you. So you can't have feelings of family ties at that age :lol: The cousins are older and more caring and interested. The natural way of life!

If one has decided there is a problem within the BRF, then nothing can persuade one to the contrary.

He is too young in my opinion to care about the older people he likes what he likes and plays with those he wants. I would never assume he didn't know people from a couple of photos. This is his family I'm sure he is around them, they simply are not interesting to him. As for affection the royals are not known for being overly affectionate in public.

Last edited:
george is turning into a gorgeous little boy. what a set of precious pictures of kate playing with him!

I'll give my 2 cents. As a mother of an (almost) 2 year old, I can tell you that small children can be very fickle. You really can't predict how they will act or react. There are times when I take my son to playdates and he's not interested in anything but the toys. Other times hes's hugging and playing with the other children. Same goes for the adults in his life. Sometimes he wants to nothing but his daddy and other times he clings to only me. So if you were to take a snapshot of any of those moments, you would get a picture of our lives that wasn't complete.

It's sometimes easy to look at a set of photographs and form an opinion, but one must understand that those are just small moments in their lives. We have no way of knowing what goes on in their private time. It's quite possible that Charles (and Harry) had already spent the morning playing with George.

Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News: May 2015

The Tindalls were at George's birthday party last July. There are photos of them going into KP. The Philips were at Sandringham for Christmas so they would have been there along with the Cambridges.

George doesn't have his family tree memorized. He might not know the blonde lady with the sunglasses is his daddy's cousin or his godmother yet. But he also didn't run away and start crying for his mummy when Zara crouched down to talk to him.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
Yes, as a mother and grandmother I take on board what you say. It is possible that Charles (and Harry) spent the morning playing with George. But isn't it funny and rather odd that members of other royal families like the Danes and Swedes manage to be spontaneous and affectionate with their nephews, nieces and grandchildren in front of the camera at least sometimes, while with the BRF it's 'Well they must have played with them/shown affection to them/ given them hugs privately" because somehow (bad luck maybe) that darn camera never shows it.

I don't think that a meeting in May and the birthday party scream close personal ties between the children. Mike Tindall speaks of packed personal schedules. The Phillips were at Sandringham. The Cambridges weren't. They were reputedly at Anmer with Kate's family.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't find it odd at all. I've seen many photos and videos of other royal families not being affectionate with their nieces, grandchildren, etc.

Plus we have have seen a couple of photos of George and Charles playing privately.

I'm a mother and grandmother as well...I hug my grandkids all the time when I see them..however even though there are a number of pics around I don't think there is a single one showing me hugging them...or other family members either, even though we ALWAYS hug each other when together.

LaRae

George is supercute and Kate is a hands on mother. The pictures tell that she is very involved with her son's everyday life. I think Kate is just the body type of woman who will have a child and become slim again. She's fit and trim.

You mean the ONE of Charles in his suit on the grass from months ago?

If you go through photos of Carl Gustav and Sylvia of Sweden, Harold and Sonja of Norway, Sophia of Spain, Beatrix of the Netherlands, etc etc there are several photos of them seen hugging and cuddling their grandchildren and showing huge amounts of interest. Of course it doesn't happen all the time. It would be nice if we saw it happen once with Charles, the man who missed his first grandchild's first birthday!

Going to add my 2 drink boxes to the mix here. At almost 2 years old, a toddler's world revolves around him. He's out of the eat, sleep, poop stage and is starting to discover his world around him (hence why they call it the terrible twos). His intimated circle consist of those adults he trusts and knows will do for him what is needed. Everyone else is actually just a blur in the background. Its really no big deal and the time will come when George will start to build his social skills and develop his own likes and dislikes of people, places and things. Its just that right now in his own little circle of trust, its Mummy and Daddy and Nanna Maria because they're the ones that are around him 24/7 for the most part and represent his security. I would also think that interactions between other kids and adults would be easier for him outside of a very public setting with hoards of people around.

Right.
And I don't happen to think, whatever the press may say, that George actually does meet all these people, the Tindalls, Phillips families very often, in fact rarely. Nor do I think that with Charles schedule, and Harry's, that he meets them on a really regular basis either. I think Charles probably could make more time for his grandson but doesn't.

But how often do we see other European royals hugging and kissing on the balcony during national celebrations? Most of the time they just stand around, wave and make small talk.

We have only seen George and Charles together twice - once on the balcony and once at Polo. So I think it's a little premature to claim from those interactions that Charles doesn't see George.

In regards to photos, there was also one of Charles holding George. I imagine there are more, but they haven't felt the need to publicize them.

It looks like it was a fun day for all! I can't get over how adorable George is! Mia Tindall and the Phillips girls are precious as well. Peter's daughters, in particular, seem to look VERY "Windsor."

Honestly, I think some are reading way too much into very little. I know when I was small, I always interacted just fine with others (family members, schoolmates, etc.) but if my mom was around, I usually stuck to her, no matter who else was there. It wasn't a reflection on anyone else or my relationship with them, I just gravitated toward my mom if she was present. If you took had taken pictures of me within a very short time frame, you probably would've drawn some incorrect conclusions about my level of interaction with others.

I realize some really taken the bait and assume that the Middletons wield some kind of control over George and that the Windsors don't see him at all (even though we don't see pictures of him interacting with the Middletons, either. Really, I think we just have no idea - I don't think we see George often enough to be able to draw any conclusions as to his relationships. And if the purpose of attending the polo game was solely to show of a "happy families" display, I think you would've seen pictures of other family members, like Charles, deliberately interacting with George. Instead they did the normal thing and let George do what he wanted. Playing on his own or with his mum is perfectly normal for a child his age.

It was on this forum but I can't remember now what thread, that tours of royal palaces were being discussed. It was last year some time and a poster was enthusiastic about a tour she had made of Kensington Palace.

Clarence House was apparently included and she happily posted that one of the guides within Clarence House stated proudly in one of the rooms that George was brought by his parents to Clarence House EACH Sunday afternoon that the Cambridges and Prince Charles and Camilla were in London.

Now that's wonderful, but just how many times, with their conflicting and busy schedules would that be each month, once maybe. Twice perhaps. Charles and Camilla could go to visit Kensington Palace but we have no record of that. And the Cambridges are now at Anmer, at least part of the time while Charles is all over the country.

You mean the ONE of Charles in his suit on the grass from months ago?

If you go through photos of Carl Gustav and Sylvia of Sweden, Harold and Sonja of Norway, Sophia of Spain, Beatrix of the Netherlands, etc etc there are several photos of them seen hugging and cuddling their grandchildren and showing huge amounts of interest. Of course it doesn't happen all the time. It would be nice if we saw it happen once with Charles, the man who missed his first grandchild's first birthday!

I don't understand - you complained that it didn't seem like George was interacting with his cousins - someone gave you an example (not the only one out there) of the kids interacting - that wasn't good enough.

There's one picture of a grandpa and grandkiddo interacting. But it's not good enough because the the grandpa is in a suit and, goshdarnit, there should be MORE pictures.

First, if there were more pictures, people would accuse the BRF of whoring out their kids for publicity. But there aren't, so the BRF is accused of sheltering and hiding away the kids.

Second, where are the pictures of Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden hugging his grandkids all over the place? The guy is not winning any awards for warmth, and yet I for one (and many others) don't care because he does love his grandkids - I don't need a photo roll to prove it.

Will and Kate have been severely criticized over the past year for only releasing their photographs of George and not letting him be stalked and photographed. So now George is approaching 2, KP announces that they are going to make George more accessible because they accept people have an interest in him and want to see him.

So 1st opportunity: Dad carries him on the balcony at the Trooping and they put him in a family heirloom romper - worn by both Grandpa Charles and Dad (mind you the Swedes do this ALL the time). William is very protective when he first walks on the balcony gauging George's reaction to the sea of people in front of them... is he going be amazed or shriek in terror? I think William was trying to make sure he had a hasty exit path should the 23 month old freak out (no doubt Nanny Maria was right inside the door). George seems comfortable on the balcony and is perfecting his wave. all breathe a sigh of relief.

The next day they take him to polo - a confined safe environment where photos can be taken of George playing. I'm guessing at the cousins dinner with their grandparents last week it came up and at the trooping yesterday... as does in family get-togethers. Grandpa Charles makes an appearance, some cousins and Dad and Uncle Harry play polo. All in all a I think a much less frightening photo opportunity than what William was subjected to at his age: a 2 yr old in a walled garden with 50 cameras in his face).

and to read this thread (and the one on the Trooping) you would think the Cambridges have committed the most heinous sins - 1st upstaging HM (...and Charles, Camilla, Andrew, Harry and Louise) on the balcony and then forcing a staged photo call with family members that obviously hate to be there.

I choose to believe it was a nice day at the polo grounds taking advantage of Will & Kate being in London and trying to make George more 'available' to the press... and some sweet pictures emerged. Sometimes, the psycho-analysis of Windsor family dynamics seems a bit much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom