The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 07:15 AM
Moderator Emeritus

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...24821294645248
"We'll be posting a very special photo of Prince George & his little sister Princess Charlotte late tonight. Can't wait to share it with you!"

Old 06-06-2015, 07:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Aww yay! These should be lovely!

Old 06-06-2015, 07:21 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News: May 2015

@KensingtonRoyal: We'll be posting a very special photo of Prince George & his little sister Princess Charlotte late tonight. Can't wait to share it with you!

@HRHDuchesskate: The Duchess is a keen amateur photographer. It seems William and Kate are eager to show their children in a relaxed, informal setting.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Just wait for the glass half empty British press to trash the photos.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

@KensingtonRoyal: The Duke & Duchess are very grateful for the wonderful messages they've received on the birth of Princess Charlotte. http://t.co/HOI0Xp2d7r
Old 06-06-2015, 08:52 AM
Heir Apparent

I sort of hoped the pics of the children would be out soon... Hope they include a family shot of all the four of them... Can't wait to see chubby George with his adorable tiny sis...
Old 06-06-2015, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate took the pictures that they are releasing so probably just the kids not the whole family.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 06-06-2015, 09:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Some websites are saying "pictures" but I think there will only be one.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

KP tweeted "a very special photo"... so I too think it will be one
Old 06-06-2015, 09:55 AM
Heir Apparent

4 via the media, one via Twitter

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...arebar_twitter

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 06-06-2015, 10:05 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I am thinking that it will be one photo and it will be with George holding his little sister. That in itself is a very momentous occasion, I think, for George. Not only is he pictured "officially" as the big brother but marks the passage from baby to big boy for him.

I would bet he wants to help out Mum all the time taking care of Charlotte (I wonder what he calls her) and there's nothing like an infant sibling to accentuate the fact that he's big and she's little and something this works well with giving up baby things for the new one.

This is going to be a very precious photo indeed I think. I'm glad Kate has decided to share it with us.

OK... color me wrong. 4 via the media and 1 via Twitter. Happens sometimes when typing a post and get waylaid by an interruption (cup of all important coffee in this case).
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-06-2015, 10:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3h3 hours ago
Seeing others saying things. So there are four photos taken by Kate at Anmer. Look out for coverage on Latest UK and World News, Sport and Comment | Daily Express from after 9pm

Only one picture will be tweeted by Kensington Palace, but the other pictures will be released to the media. So yes, there will be more than just one picture.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-06-2015, 12:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

god, they are so full of themselves. why do they have to announce that they will release a picture and not just release it
Old 06-06-2015, 12:45 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
god, they are so full of themselves. why do they have to announce that they will release a picture and not just release it
I would imagine its a heads up to the media. Everyone gets them at once and therefore the Cambridges can't be accused of favoritism in giving the release to one place. The photos are probably already in the possession of those that are to release them but under an embargo.

That's my guess anyways.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-06-2015, 12:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Undoubtedly so that those interested will not miss it. Thanks for your lovely comment.
Old 06-06-2015, 01:21 PM
Royal Highness

Maybe a photo of George pushing Charlotte in her stroller.
Or maybe of George bringing Lupo to a crying Charlotte so she can cuddle with the fluffy dog
Or maybe he is bringing her a stuffed animal?
Or maybe he is dressing Charlotte in his boots?
Or maybe he is 'reading' her a book?
Old 06-06-2015, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I see the why don't the Cambridges release more pictures crowd starting to complain about pictures being released. Did we see that coming from a million miles away?
Old 06-06-2015, 02:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I would imagine its a heads up to the media. Everyone gets them at once and therefore the Cambridges can't be accused of favoritism in giving the release to one place. The photos are probably already in the possession of those that are to release them but under an embargo.

That's my guess anyways.
my thoughts as well - I was surprised that some of the media were a bit put out that they had not been given a heads up that the announcement of the Christening was to be made. They were on other assignments and not avail to tweet the news in a timely manner as their colleagues. Can you imagine if pictures were just released without them knowing in advance. What is meant to be a good thing becomes a negative.

I think the KP press office has a very fine line to walk. and I love that they are releasing 1 pic on their twitter account first.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I think, for George. Not only is he pictured "officially" as the big brother but marks the passage from baby to big boy for him.
He isn't two years yet! He is NOT a big boy in any way. Appearance of the little sister didn't make him grown up at once.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
They are not full of themselves. They make sure media get equal rights to the pictures and that people don't miss them getting published.

Really, people complain about the lack of pictures and when we get them they complain about how or how they were photographed.....

Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge, kate middleton, prince william, princess charlotte