The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 10:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

My parents and grandparents also dressed me in a traditional and conservative way when I was a boy. I just like the way it looks.

I always knew William and Catherine would produce beautiful children, and they did!

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-01-2016, 10:26 AM
Gentry

She's a British princess and these are official photos. I think the traditional clothes are pretty and completely appropriate. I would assume both children have more casual clothes, though their "play clothes" probably cost several hundred dollars apiece.

She resembles several family members, as is probably most common. I see a lot of her father in her, but she also has some of her mother's features. I had always thought Prince George most resembled his maternal grandfather until I saw some of the footage of Prince Charles as a toddler. George also has some similarities to his paternal grandfather! Both children are unique and will grow up to look most like themselves.

Old 05-01-2016, 11:01 AM
Majesty

what a treat! the pictures of charlotte are adorable. the best bit are those cute little clothes she is wearing - i love the little knitted cardigans!

what a great couple of weeks we are having with respect to official pictures of the BRF!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-01-2016, 12:27 PM
Majesty

Absolutely wonderful pictures! Catherine is very talented with the camera and Charlotte looks precious. I'm very much in favor of dressing children like children, in clothing that is age-appropriate and Charlotte's outfits are definitely in that category.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-01-2016, 12:28 PM
Commoner

Aaaah, how sweet is our little princess. Happy 1st birthday tomorrow, dear Charlotte Elizabeth Diana.

She reminds me of her big brother George; there is no denial they are siblings. But she seems to look like William as a toddler, but she is more striking beautiful because she is, for now, a brunette with such beautiful blue eyes.

George R. R. Martin: "A Dance With Dragons"
Old 05-01-2016, 12:38 PM
Royal Highness

She is too precious! I love her sweet dresses and Mary Janes.

Looks-wise, I think she has Michael Middleton's face shape, Carol Middleton's eye shape, Kate's hair, and a very Windsor-looking nose and mouth. Although she also looks JUST like William and Diana from the side! She's going to be a stunner when she grows up, and is absolutely adorable now.
Old 05-01-2016, 12:54 PM
Serene Highness

Actually her hair is like Katherines in color only, as Katherine has very curly hair if you look at her pictures from childhood. Clearly she straightens her hair. I do agree that she looks a good bit like the Middletons. It will interesting to see her grow up and change in looks, she has beautiful eyes. She is a cutie!!
Old 05-01-2016, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

She is so adorable Love the photo

I don't mind the traditional clothes, but it would be nice for a change up. She looks like she is wearing the same dress and sweater in all photo shoots (except the skiing one of course). I know its not, but it looks like the same. Even British princesses don't always have to look like they are born a hundred years ago. I have a feeling she will be like Louise for a decade or so, when we see her at Easter.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Charlotte is adorable. These are some great photos and I like the fact that Kate is the one taking them.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:31 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Sweet, happy little one year old. Can't get much better than that. Charlotte seems to be sweet mannered too from the photos.

I also noticed Lupo in the background so it seems where kids go, Lupo follows and when kids get distracted, he takes off for his own playtime. One thing that instantly crossed my mind though is "Ut oh! There's two little ones on foot searching for troubles". Once they get going, they don't seem to want to stop.

Kate did an excellent job with these photos. I like how she takes her own pictures of the children and releases them.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 05-01-2016, 03:35 PM
Royal Highness

She looks like her closest relative... George

Her clothes are not traditional nor old fashion just baby clothes.

Hair raising experience.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...2102631685.jpg
Old 05-01-2016, 03:55 PM
Commoner

George, Charlotte, and their father have rather square chins and remind me of Henry VIII. I mean this in a good and a historic way, not in a bad way!

Princess Charlotte is beyond adorable in new pictures
Old 05-01-2016, 04:00 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Charlotte is a lovely little girl. I see a lot of QEII in her.

the pictures are nothing special, something any parent would have taken, they don't show any experienced photographer skills imo.
Old 05-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
She looks like her closest relative... George

Her clothes are not traditional nor old fashion just baby clothes.

Hair raising experience.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...2102631685.jpg
Ah yes, the baby hair feathers .... I remember it well. At least as her hair grows it will probably settle down. Unfortunately it took some time for my son's "feathers" to finally settle down.
Old 05-01-2016, 04:49 PM
Royal Highness

Seeing pictures of Kate as a child and Charlotte, she seems to take after her mother strongly when they were both the same age.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Charlotte looks to have her mommy's coloring, dark hair and hazel eyes but looks like William when he was young.
George is blonde but looks like a Middleton.
I love the pic with the queen especially her holding a baby and the little one holding her purse.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-01-2016, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Charlotte Looks Like Her Brother Prince George in New Photos | E! Online
Old 05-01-2016, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Remarquably cute and beautiful little girl !
Old 05-01-2016, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I first saw the photos not long after I'd woken up this morning, and it was such a lovely surprise to wake up to. Little Charlotte is a beautiful baby, and she also seems to be rather happy too, which is cute to see. I think she looks the most like George, although in the photo of her with the baby walker, she reminds me more of Catherine.

I personally loved all her outfits in the photos, and I thought it was sweet how they had colour coordinated her bows with them. I think British royal children just seem to wear traditional clothing for official photos and events, but unofficially I can imagine that they wear more modern looking clothing, but of course I don't know that for sure but the outfits Lady Louise, as an example, wears for less formal dressed events like the Royal Windsor Horse Show, are more modern in appearance than the outfits she wears to more formal events like Trooping the Colour.
I think the dresses she wore here are more timeless or vintage than old fashioned, but that's just how I personally perceive them and we all have different opinions on what's old fashioned and what's not. I also think traditional clothing suits girls better than boys in most cases.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-01-2016, 08:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Beyond a doubt!!

My favourite one is of her pushing her little wagon of blocks. The look on her face just shines in confidence. This young lady knows what she wants and is determined to get it.

All four are delightful and adorable!!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge, kate middleton, prince william, princess charlotte