The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 11:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
All I said was 'what little boy doesn't like airplanes'. What is the big deal with saying that But I get accused of being sexist.

I was simply stating an OPINION that 'a little boy likes airplanes' is not news worthy. Its as newsworthy as the sun rose in the east this morning. I am entitle to my opinion.

You don't think its a big deal, stop making a big deal about it. Not everyone thinks everything Catherine and Wills utter is ground breaking news.

But of course I forgot this site is only for people who think Kate walks on water. So forgot all I said

Here: Catherine should be nominated for mother of the year as under her encouragement George is sure to be the youngest pilot ever.

Is that flowery enough for you
Not true - Kate doesn't walk on water, nor should anybody with even one nanny be "Mother of the Year." As with Kate's gardening abilities (HA!), and her abilities to prepare and then cook her crop yield (Really?), we are fed way too much bs by most royal families. I can't see any major royal cooking, doing laundry, or grocery shopping, but it does put a smirk on our faces. All she has done so far is marry William and pop out 2 kids.. Anyway those 2 children are precious...for now

Old 02-09-2016, 12:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I'm with you; I don't quite get what the problems is. George likes planes, other boys may or may not like them. What is the big deal? His father and uncle fly helicopters, so it's not surprising that he'd be interested in flying machines.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Same here. It's well known both William and Harry's interest in flying and helicopters came from their early and up close experiences w/them and now George seems to be following them down the same road. Talk about the last thing in the World I ever expected anyone being negative over, but this is also a Cambridge thread, so I guess sadly it was only a matter of time.

Now I think I need to go and use a function of this site I sadly use too often.

Old 02-10-2016, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope he never picks up a nickname

Quote:
The 2-year-old royal is known simply as "George" among his classmates and teachers, a royal source confirms. The name will likely be written on his coat-and-backpack peg, and his teachers will write it for him on his artwork, says Louise Livingston, who is director of training at the Maria Montessori Institute, where many of the teachers at George's school have studied.
Read more: Find Out What Prince George Is Called at Preschool : People.com
Old 02-10-2016, 07:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I hope he never picks up a nickname

Read more: Find Out What Prince George Is Called at Preschool : People.com
I can remember reading (obviously some time ago) that HMQ and PoW said that their children were known by first names only. No "your royal highness" and no "sir/ma'am". Even Charles as DoCornwall and PoW was known simply as Charles. Hence William Wales.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-11-2016, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Same here. It's well known both William and Harry's interest in flying and helicopters came from their early and up close experiences w/them and now George seems to be following them down the same road. Talk about the last thing in the World I ever expected anyone being negative over, but this is also a Cambridge thread, so I guess sadly it was only a matter of time.

Now I think I need to go and use a function of this site I sadly use too often.

For the LAST TIME I wasn't being negative about the couple. My comment wasn't even about the couple. It wasn't even about their son. It was about the reporters. I simply said, it wasn't NEWSWORTHY. Do we really need an article about how a little boy likes an airplane? Or shocking, he gets called by his first name in school??? These comments are about the newspaper and their desperation to sell copies by putting royals on the pages. I made the same comments about Bea and her clothing being a news story.

But sugar plum fairies and angels and kisses, I cant wait for the story about George taking a nap at school. I am sure that will be next week. Have to be positive rainbow gadens princess ponies. Nominate the newspaper for a Pulitzer for ground breaking news.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:32 PM
Heir Apparent

It's a general news thread for a toddler and a baby. Liking aeroplanes and being called George at school is 'news'

Same with Charlotte having a lipstick named after her. It's about all we get at this tender age.

It seems pretty harmless
Old 02-12-2016, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator

A reminder that this thread is about general news concerning Prince George and Princess Charlotte - what that news constitutes is another matter and need not be debated here.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Truth behind Prince Georgeā€™s love of aviation | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 02-15-2016, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince George began speaking "long before other toddlers his age", actress Sophie Winkleman has revealed after her daughter had a play date with the future king.

Ms Winkleman said daughter Maud was invited to meet George last year and the two enjoyed each other's company.

The actress is married to Lord Frederick Windsor, the son of the Queen's cousin Prince Michael of Kent, and the couple have showed off their second child Isabella, born almost four weeks ago, during an interview with Hello! magazine.

Ms Winkleman, who has starred in the TV sitcoms Peep Show and Two And A Half Men, told the publication: "We were invited to tea at Kensington Palace just before Princess Charlotte was born. Maud and George got on very well."
Read more: Prince George 'a very clever, articulate little boy' - Sophie Winkleman - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
Old 03-07-2016, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Charlotte goes on a royal adventure in new children's book
Old 03-08-2016, 09:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Charlotte reaches an important milestone
Old 03-08-2016, 09:38 PM
Courtier

Has Prince George had his first ski lesson?

There is speculation that he has as a a young lady from London, twenty-three year old Emily Taylor, spotted the Royal party walking outside a bar in Courchevel last Thursday, and noticed some-one was carrying baby-size skis.

(Nanny Maria was seen looking after Charlotte.)
Old 03-14-2016, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Charlotte effect strikes again as sales of fleecy pink booties soar by 100% | Daily Mail Online
Old 03-14-2016, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Emily Nash ‏@emynash
#Kate on #PrinceGeorge: "He's got a scooter. He's going super fast on it. It's hard to keep up with him. Charlotte is keeping him in check."

Catherine also said Charlotte is 'getting bigger by the day'

Quote:
He's got a need for speed!

Little Prince George loves whizzing around on his scooter and can go "super fast," his mom Princess Kate revealed on Monday.

So much so that she and dad Prince William have trouble catching up with him around the house.
Read more: Prince George Loves Riding His Scooter Says Mom Kate Middleton : People.com
Old 03-18-2016, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

East Anglia News @HeartAngliaNews
Duchess of Cambridge buys Fireman Sam books for Prince George after opening @EACH_hospices shop in Holt #HeartNews

https://twitter.com/HeartAngliaNews/...04970371731456
Old 03-19-2016, 10:39 PM
Nobility

Thanks to Rudolph for sharing the link to my new book A Royal Adventure. It's the sequel to my book A Day with the Duchess. It will be out in time for Princess Charlotte's birthday and I'm dedicating my book to her and my advance royalty to charity. Here's a sneak peak at one of the illustrations.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/davese.../in/datetaken/
Old 03-19-2016, 11:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for that, PrincessDianaFan. I have no doubt that when Charlotte is able to walk properly there will be lots of real life adventures for them both, including scooter races! It won't be too long!
Old 03-26-2016, 10:04 PM
Nobility

GIRL ABOUT TOWN: London school for Prince George as Kate gives up on her rural dream
By Charlotte Griffiths, Diary Editor For The Mail On Sunday
Published: 19:02 EST, 26 March 2016 | Updated: 19:31 EST, 26 March 2016

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have put Prince George’s name down for his father’s old pre-prep school, Wetherby, I hear.

Read more: GIRL ABOUT TOWN: London school for Prince George as Kate gives up on her rural dream* | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Old 03-27-2016, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
GIRL ABOUT TOWN: London school for Prince George as Kate gives up on her rural dream

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have put Prince George’s name down for his father’s old pre-prep school, Wetherby, I hear.

Read more: GIRL ABOUT TOWN: London school for Prince George as Kate gives up on her rural dream* | Daily Mail Online

I've always thought George would follow William's school path. Unlike Charles, William seems to have enjoyed his school days. It follows that he'd want the same positive experience for his son.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 1: May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post

Oh please...We all know by the time comes for George to need to go to Pre Prep School, more than likely they'll be in London more than Norfolk and will be taking on more Royal Duties. It's called preparing for the future, but you wouldn't know by that stupid headline...

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge, kate middleton, prince william, princess charlotte