The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 12:23 AM
Royal Highness

All preschools in Australia follow The Early Years Learning Framework. It is the principles practices and outcomes that support and enhance early learning so parents can be assured of quality care and education. You don't have to go to a Montessori preschool. I would hate parents to think their child was missing out on care etc if they can't go to one

Old 02-01-2016, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince George is well on his way to becoming a model student!

Just four weeks after starting his first day of nursery school, the royal toddler has quickly adapted to his new schedule.

"It has been a very happy time for them as a family," a royal source says. "Prince George is settling in the nursery school very well. And the family is very grateful for the widespread goodwill they have received from around the world.”

George and his parents Prince William and Princess Kate enjoyed their first holiday together as a family with Princess Charlotte.

The family is still the primary focus for Kate, 34, but she is set to throw her royal spotlight behind Children's Mental Health Week, which begins next Monday. She's expected to release a video message backing the cause, and has her first engagement – supporting her new patronage of the RAF cadets – on Sunday.
Read more: Prince George Is Adjusting 'Very Well' to Nursery School : People.com

Old 02-04-2016, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Teddy bears for George and Charlotte.

BritishMonarchy @BritishMonarchy
Thank you Jack @nelsonsjourney and @Norfolk_Hospice for Prince George and Princess Charlotte's gifts!

https://twitter.com/BritishMonarchy/...890625?lang=en
Old 02-05-2016, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

It starts early. The fishbowl life of a British royal

Quote:
Princess Charlotte might not be old enough to speak, but we bet she’d like to send a big “Mwah!” of thanks towards Marc Jacobs for naming his newest lipstick shade, “Charlotte,” after her — despite the fact that she won’t be wearing makeup for oh, another 13 years.
Read more: Princess Charlotte Has a Lipstick Named After Her at 9 Months Old – Style News - StyleWatch - People.com
Old 02-06-2016, 07:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Teddy bears for George and Charlotte.

BritishMonarchy @BritishMonarchy
Thank you Jack @nelsonsjourney and @Norfolk_Hospice for Prince George and Princess Charlotte's gifts!

https://twitter.com/BritishMonarchy/...890625?lang=en
The Queen looks delighted as a boy gives her teddy bears during Norfolk visit | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-07-2016, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail
#PrinceGeorge is 'obsessed' with aircraft after being shown pictures of Spitfires after a royal engagement mum Kate has revealed #aircadets
Old 02-07-2016, 11:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
#PrinceGeorge is 'obsessed' with aircraft after being shown pictures of Spitfires after a royal engagement mum Kate has revealed #aircadets

And so it begins...:)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 02-07-2016, 11:14 PM
Heir Apparent

What little boy is not obsessed with planes, trains and automobiles at that age
Old 02-08-2016, 02:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Prince george 'loves planes and wants to join air cadets' | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-08-2016, 03:11 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I wasn't.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:05 AM
Courtier

Some little boys are interested in dolls and want nothing to do with planes, trains and automobiles
Old 02-08-2016, 12:20 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
George is going through the phase of really discovering his world around him and will find lots and lots of stuff that totally fascinates him. He's beginning to have preferences and will love macaroni and cheese and loathe carrots while wanting to wear a favorite shirt every day. Its what kids do. He's learning to make decisions.

I just can't help but think when hearing about how George loves trains, planes and things that go fast, he takes after his daddy the 'copter pilot and his Uncle Harry that flew them really big 'copters and loved all things military from a very young age.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-08-2016, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

He is exposed to so many things not most little kids are as lucky. He can get up close to helicopters, soldiers on horsebacks, the farm equipment on the estates, plus all the animals running around etc.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-08-2016, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent

George is certainly not the only child who has been to a petting zoo or been on a farm At this age, he hasn't really been exposed to anything most children haven't been, other than maybe when they went to Australia.

The 'he likes planes' is just a generic phrase. Its like saying about a girl 'she likes dolls'. It sounds like something someone who knows nothing about a child would say. I am sorry but if they had been a sea cadets event, Kate would likely have said 'he loves boats, he wants to be a sailor'. She was making small talk, no ground breaking revelation IMO.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I'm sure there are plenty of little boys that don't like planes, trains, etc. Just like not all little girls love dolls.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent

At that age it is actually natural for kids, both boys and girls,to like toys that have wheels on them. Its part of their development. And yes, most children even boys, like dolls at that age as well. At the age of two children tend to be mimicking adults around them. Not making some sexist comment about boy children, anyone who has worked with children at that developmental stage will have observed this. It is why kid's toys are developed for kids 2-3 that have a lot to do with motion/movement.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

So what's the grievance? That Kate said George likes airplanes and a reporter tweeted it?

It takes some doing to turn this into a negative, but it is a Cambridge thread so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
So what's the grievance? That Kate said George likes airplanes and a reporter tweeted it?

It takes some doing to turn this into a negative, but it is a Cambridge thread so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.
I'm with you; I don't quite get what the problems is. George likes planes, other boys may or may not like them. What is the big deal? His father and uncle fly helicopters, so it's not surprising that he'd be interested in flying machines.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:40 PM
Heir Apparent

All I said was 'what little boy doesn't like airplanes'. What is the big deal with saying that But I get accused of being sexist.

I was simply stating an OPINION that 'a little boy likes airplanes' is not news worthy. Its as newsworthy as the sun rose in the east this morning. I am entitle to my opinion.

You don't think its a big deal, stop making a big deal about it. Not everyone thinks everything Catherine and Wills utter is ground breaking news.

But of course I forgot this site is only for people who think Kate walks on water. So forgot all I said

Here: Catherine should be nominated for mother of the year as under her encouragement George is sure to be the youngest pilot ever.

Is that flowery enough for you
Old 02-08-2016, 09:42 PM
Administrator

I think it's time to move on.

Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge, kate middleton, prince william, princess charlotte