The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 09:34 PM
Courtier

Is it really that diverse? From my understanding he'll be going to school in a rural village/small village

Old 12-19-2015, 10:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Is it really that diverse? From my understanding he'll be going to school in a rural village/small village
Not diverse in ethnicity and such, maybe. But diverse in the sense that it's not just a bunch of rich kids. 23 of the 29 kids appearantly has financial help with the tuition. And I don't know if that's the case now but they have had kids on the autistic spectrum and physically challenged kids at that school as well. That and the reasonable pricing makes it a rather diverse school in the context of it not being some top of the line school in the middle of London with super high tuition. So relatively diverse might be more correct wording.

Old 12-19-2015, 10:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Right, sometimes a private school has more diversity, in all areas not just skin color or religion but money. Great idea to bring them up outside London enought of that later in life
Old 12-20-2015, 06:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
William and Harry went to a Montessori school, it was just also a private school in London
Which of their schools was Montessori?

Jane Mynors was the pre-school and it doesn't mention the word Montessori on its website - just that is caters for individuals.

The next school - Wetherby - same thing.

As does the next - Ludgrove.

Eton certainly isn't.

Catering for 'individual learning' isn't Montessori - that is standard eduspeak these days for all schools.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Princes William and Harry are listed as Montessori graduates,

Montessori Graduates — Maria Montessori
Old 12-20-2015, 11:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH View Post
Prince George is 2 years-old, and "it's about time he finds friends"??????:what::what::what:
I don't know why you responded in such a sarcastic way, but yes., even though he is 2 years old, I don't see why he shouldn't have friends his age. It's a perfect age IMO to start socializing outside the family...
Old 12-20-2015, 11:59 AM
Heir Apparent

George probably already has friends. Several of WK's friends have young kids near George's age. There are 3 just from his godparents with cousin Mia, Emilia's son and Oli Baker's son.
But everyone can always use more friends.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-20-2015, 12:13 PM
Courtier

George had a dozen toddlers at his birthday party in July. That suggests he has some sort of relationship with them. Probably a regular schedule of play dates.
Old 12-20-2015, 12:36 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Although George does have an advantage over most other children in the regards that he's grown up with mummy and daddy sometimes being gone and he stays with Nanny Maria, I think one of the biggest adjustments George is going to be facing is actually being on his own in a social situation with other children his own age without his inner circle of adults nearby and a totally new "big person" that's in charge. I'm pretty sure that George will give the teacher a run for her money but quickly catch onto what he's supposed to do.

This is the reason I think that they encourage both the parent and child to come and explore the surroundings. He's also not going to be going everyday on a regular basis from what I've read so its going to be a gradual thing as he works his way up attending lessons full time.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-20-2015, 08:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'm pretty sure that George will give the teacher a run for her money but quickly catch onto what he's supposed to do.
I'm wondering why this is the usual opinion about George. As best as I can make out he sounds like a pretty normal boy toddler. Is there evidence that George is more aggressive than most boys? Just wondering.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I've not seen it said he is more aggressive than other boys...just that he's a handful and hardly surprising as were his father and uncle both.

LaRae
Old 12-20-2015, 08:40 PM
Serene Highness

People get that impression from that photo taken at Charlottes Christening where he has that determined direct expression staring straight into the camera and his ready to rumble stance I believe and various comments made by William also.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you, amaryllis. I see. Understood.
Old 12-20-2015, 10:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Two year olds don't really have friends. Their world is me, me ,and mine. That age always interested me in raising our children because I could see how some adults never really got past it.
Old 12-20-2015, 11:38 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Two year olds don't really have friends. Their world is me, me ,and mine. That age always interested me in raising our children because I could see how some adults never really got past it.
The "me" stage is one that a child gradually works out of. With George, it started with the addition of a baby sister to his world and from what we've read, George seems to have adapted to having the little usurper for mommy and daddy's attention quite well. Starting to go to "school" with other kids on a limited basis is going to get him to adapt to interacting in a group situation. He will be learning to be part of a group. It will be acceptable for all of the group to sit in the circle for story time but unacceptable for George to smack little Johnny upside the head because he has the toy train first.

Its not so much the making friends part but how to behave in a social group in order to make friends.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-20-2015, 11:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I don't know why you responded in such a sarcastic way, but yes., even though he is 2 years old, I don't see why he shouldn't have friends his age. It's a perfect age IMO to start socializing outside the family...
My point is that how do we know he doesn't have friends already? Honestly, it hit a nerve with a few people because when you think about it, an assumption is being concerning George's developmental welfare. None of us have a clue how he spends most of his days. Also it bothers me that already, at 2 years-old and he yet doesn't understand, pressure is being put upon this child. Let his parents parent him - leave him alone; he is 2 years-old for GOD'S sake!
Old 12-21-2015, 03:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post

Yep I find it amusing how it's said he's going to "school" to make friends. 2 year olds don't play together they play beside another child they don't make friends till they are about 3. Which is when preschool starts in Australia.

Old 12-21-2015, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Yep I find it amusing how it's said he's going to "school" to make friends. 2 year olds don't play together they play beside another child they don't make friends till they are about 3. Which is when preschool starts in Australia. Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Well, two year olds are learning how to socialize, however me centered. And they are actively learning. A Montessori experience is really a good choice for this age and this little boy!
Old 12-21-2015, 08:35 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Well, two year olds are learning how to socialize, however me centered. And they are actively learning. A Montessori experience is really a good choice for this age and this little boy!

It's a shame he couldn't socialize with family or his parents friends children and all children are active learners they don't need a formal setting. I just think a mothers group sitting would be a better choice without the press outside the gate everyday. He is still such a dear little man he doesn't need all the carry on.

Old 12-21-2015, 08:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH View Post
My point is that how do we know he doesn't have friends already?
Because he's two, that's why. He might be in the same room regularly with other children his age, but they don't form friendships, or interact much together.

I don't think preferences in playmates start until about 4 or 5.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge, kate middleton, prince william, princess charlotte