The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 01:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I think it all depends on the child and his/her development. George may be ready to attend school now, so it doesn't make sense to wait nine months. I love the idea that the school is small and has children from all walks of life as well as with varying abilities. The earlier he is exposed to different people, the sooner he will learn to accept exceptionalities/disabilities. As Osipi pointed out, Catherine's and William's interest shine through the school choice for their son. Another testament of how serious they are about making a difference and leading by example.
Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Yes this young couple are showing the world just how to make it a better place for all. Oh, I bet George will be a handful and will have the teachers running after him, I can picture it now, where is he, out chasing the dog down the street or following the fire engines. It is wonderful that he gets this experience at such a young age for that will make an impression on him for many years to come as it did his dad. Such a wonderful family and they are the future of England.

Old 12-19-2015, 01:42 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Although I tried to do a digging expedition and find the source and coming up with zilch, The picture painted of George chasing the dog and following fire engines reminds me of the story about a young Prince Harry who, at one time, eluded his protection officers and walked out of Kensington Palace and had to be retrieved from somewhere in London.

Wish I could remember where I read this story.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-19-2015, 02:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

I remember reading last year in New Idea or Women's Drivel that he was down to start at this school in September this year - that is just past 2 - but now it seems they have delayed his start for around 3 - 4 months. I wonder if they intend for him to stay within this system for his entire education or whether they will move him to a regular system - and if so when. Eugenie also spent some of her education in a Montessori school near Windsor.
Old 12-19-2015, 03:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Also for those balking at the price- I just did the math and at approximately $49 a day, George's school costs less than the daycare most of my friends use in the Boston area.

I'm actually pretty impressed at how down to earth it is.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-19-2015, 09:23 AM
Courtier

William and Harry went to a Montessori school, it was just also a private school in London
Old 12-19-2015, 11:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Also for those balking at the price- I just did the math and at approximately $49 a day, George's school costs less than the daycare most of my friends use in the Boston area.

I'm actually pretty impressed at how down to earth it is.

It is indeed very reasonably priced. Most central London nurseries are around 2.5x the price of West Acres.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:07 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I remember reading last year in New Idea or Women's Drivel that he was down to start at this school in September this year that is just past 2 - but now it seems they have delayed his start for around 3 - 4 months. I wonder if they intend for him to stay within this system for his entire education or whether they will move him to a regular system - and if so when. Eugenie also spent some of her education in a Montessori school near Wndsor.
My sense is that by age 5, William will probably be attending a regular independent school, probably in west London (Wetherby? Hill House?) I think this is a small interlude in their lives before they end up living principally in KP.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Although I tried to do a digging expedition and find the source and coming up with zilch, The picture painted of George chasing the dog and following fire engines reminds me of the story about a young Prince Harry who, at one time, eluded his protection officers and walked out of Kensington Palace and had to be retrieved from somewhere in London.

Wish I could remember where I read this story.
I remember reading the same story somewhere as well. I think Harry asked his protection officer to send him on a 'mission', and that he was instructed to find someone on the grounds of Kensington Palace. Harry was gone for some time, and when he made the contact with the officer via a walkie-talkie,, he said that the was near Tower Records somewhere in central London. Needless to say, the officer sped over to the location as fast as his car could carry him.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-19-2015, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Office manager for the toy company, Clare Hurlock, said: "We had a phone call this morning from the Press Association who asked us if it was our toy in the picture, which it is!

"It's our vintage steam train pull-along which was designed by Anuja Wilson, our creative director."

Clare said that they started getting phonecalls from magazines about the toy this morning.

She added that right now, the toy train is still in stock.

The toy is part of vintage toy range which is based on Victorian toys without batteries.
Prince George's toy train featured on Wills and Kate's Christmas card is made by Cheltenham company | Gloucestershire Echo
Old 12-19-2015, 01:10 PM
Serene Highness

Harry was quite the resourceful little man but what could have happened... I bet he got into huge trouble with everyone with good reason.
Old 12-19-2015, 02:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
My sense is that by age 5, William will probably be attending a regular independent school, probably in west London (Wetherby? Hill House?) I think this is a small interlude in their lives before they end up living principally in KP.
I assume you meant George
Old 12-19-2015, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
According to the DM article Prince George will not attend nursery school when he is in London, so I suspect there will be times when he is in London with his family as is the case now.

According to one article 23 of the children receive assistance w/ the fees. Thus I don't think it's 'exclusive' or limited to children of the wealthy. The small size would be due to the rural character of the area - how many 2-5 or 6 year olds can there be in such a small village?
I think it's lovely that Prince George is off to school and have always thought socialization is important for young children. George is surrounded by adults, so a steady dose of interaction with peers his own age will be great.

Thanks! I also think it is great that he starts school now as it's about time he finds some friends. I don't think he will miss many days at the nuresy though, as the family seems pretty stuck in the countryside. Kate and/or William will do engagements in London, but Goerge may well attend the school. After all, the nanny can bring him home. It remains to see if he'll go to India in spring 2016, but the it appears it had already been established that both kids will stay in the UK.
Old 12-19-2015, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

As George is apparently only attending 2 times a week, there is lots of flexibility in being with his parents.

I think KP confirmed that the children are not going to India.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-19-2015, 05:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Thanks! I also think it is great that he starts school now as it's about time he finds some friends. I don't think he will miss many days at the nuresy though, as the family seems pretty stuck in the countryside. Kate and/or William will do engagements in London, but Goerge may well attend the school. After all, the nanny can bring him home. It remains to see if he'll go to India in spring 2016, but the it appears it had already been established that both kids will stay in the UK.
Prince George is 2 years-old, and "it's about time he finds friends"??????:what::what::what:
Old 12-19-2015, 05:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH View Post
Prince George is 2 years-old, and "it's about time he finds friends"??????:what::what::what:

Yes. Social development is really important beginning around age 2-2.5. Most children spend time with other children their age by this point.

Old 12-19-2015, 05:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Yes. Social development is really important beginning around age 2-2.5. Most children spend time with other children their age by this point.

Maybe he already does...
Old 12-19-2015, 06:40 PM
Heir Apparent

The story about Harry 'on a mission' came from Ken Wharfe. I think Harry was about four or five. On Harry's recent visit to an AIDS facility his mother had supported, a supervisor recounted remembering Diana getting a telephone call that Harry had crawled out onto the roof at home! Diana had seemed amused by this exploit.

So if George ever wanted to listen to tales of his Uncle Harry I'm sure he will find lots of material for future adventures!
Old 12-19-2015, 06:45 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I remember reading last year in New Idea or Women's Drivel that he was down to start at this school in September this year - that is just past 2 - but now it seems they have delayed his start for around 3 - 4 months. I wonder if they intend for him to stay within this system for his entire education or whether they will move him to a regular system - and if so when. Eugenie also spent some of her education in a Montessori school near Windsor.
I never knew that Princess Eugenie went to a Montessori school as well, thanks for the info. I of course don't know for definite as I can't see into the (near) future, though I can imagine that George will have the rest of his education in a regular system as William, Harry and Eugenie all did.

I wonder if he will go to a prep school in London or Norfolk? It seems that the Cambridges have been spending most of their time in Norfolk lately.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-19-2015, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

However in the future, they are going to have to spend more time in London and KP especially when William is heir apparent. So George will probably do his schooling similar to his dad and uncle Harry.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-19-2015, 08:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH View Post
Maybe he already does...

It's unlikely that he spends regular time with the same group of kids his own age from diverse backgrounds that he'll experience in a formal Montessori school system.

Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge, kate middleton, prince william, princess charlotte