The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 09:00 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
It's adorable that both siblings have diferent "colors": George with blonde hair and dark eyes, and Charlotte with dark hair and blue eyes.
I think I have just updated my goals in life. To be still kicking my rock when George and Charlotte's children are born to see the comparisons made then. It follows right after being able to be a pain in my children's butts.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-01-2015, 02:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

What Princess Charlotte*pictures reveal about the six-month-old | Daily Mail Online

Old 12-01-2015, 08:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Creepy, even by Daily Mail standards. I really can't believe they haven't pulled out baby Diana's photos and put them side by side, comparing them pixel by pixel or do they leave that for People?
Old 12-01-2015, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Even geneticists don't understand hazel eyes. They have a bunch of different theories but none are close to being proven.

Personally, I would call Catherine's eyes green instead of hazel. It is possible for a green-eyed parent and a blue-eyed parent to have a brown-eyed child. Ten years ago, geneticists would have nixed the idea. But more recent research shows that eye color is determined by a lot more factors (and more chromosomes!), than their previous simplistic Mendelian model.

Another example in the BRF of eye oddity is the Yorks. Andrew and Sarah both have blue eyes, but Beatrice has heterochromia. Her right eye is blue and her left eye is green/hazel.

This must be some kind of novelty, as in other ancient times, it would have looked suspicious. I'vel always learned that a child, whose parents have blue/green eyes ,would inherit dark/brown eyes only in case granparents had dakr eyes... Afaik, nor Charles and Diana, neither Michael and Carole have brown eyes... It's still fascinating
Old 12-01-2015, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Mike Middleton has brown eyes. So does Pippa

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-01-2015, 02:02 PM
Aristocracy

I'd prefer to wait a few more months to decide because we don't know whose nose she inherited. But overall she reminds Carole a bit more than anyone.
Her eye color can still change become hazel too. I won't be surprised if she ends up with green/blue or brown/blue eyes.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Yeah why do people think Mike and Pippa have eyes that aren't brown?

LaRae
Old 12-01-2015, 04:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
This must be some kind of novelty, as in other ancient times, it would have looked suspicious. I'vel always learned that a child, whose parents have blue/green eyes ,would inherit dark/brown eyes only in case granparents had dakr eyes... Afaik, nor Charles and Diana, neither Michael and Carole have brown eyes... It's still fascinating
it is outdated and very simplified theory
most recent researches show that there are two groups of genes: one group allows to inherit brown color, anather group define coloring power.
As a result people with such eyes color
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:H...s_JD052007.jpg
have children with such eyes color
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Light_brown_eye.jpg
Old 12-01-2015, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
it is outdated and very simplified theory
most recent researches show that there are two groups of genes: one group allows to inherit brown color, anather group define coloring power.
As a result people with such eyes color
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:H...s_JD052007.jpg
have children with such eyes color
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Light_brown_eye.jpg

Thank you!

It certainly served my as a lecture...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Mike Middleton has brown eyes. So does Pippa

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Skippyboo: I don't know if you are refering to my post, if so, could you please quote me? Otherwise, I always end up wondering whether or not you wanted to reply to me.. I'lve always believed (judging from pics etc) they too had blue eyes.... Maybe they have a dark blue shade?

Are you sure? They look blue/grey to me!

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/experimen...ages/q2-a1.jpg

But your are right about Pippa: hazel, apparently

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/3340880/im...N-facebook.jpg
Old 12-01-2015, 11:32 PM
Aristocracy

When I look at the latest photos of Princess Charlotte, I see the Queen.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
When I look at the latest photos of Princess Charlotte, I see the Queen.

From my first glance at Charlotte's picture, I saw the Queen as well! Isn't it strange how perceptions differ? I didn't see even a bit of Carole and was surprised when she was mentioned. I will have to look for some younger pictures of Carole (there aren't many about) and take another look.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

I didn't a young Princess Elizabeth in the pictures. Elizabeth was a chubby curly head baby. William & Catherine is mixed in there.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-03-2015, 10:02 PM
Majesty

charlotte is absolutely adorable. and how much has she grown! i see a lot of catherine in her. she's a beautiful baby.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-04-2015, 12:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Skippyboo: I don't know if you are refering to my post, if so, could you please quote me? Otherwise, I always end up wondering whether or not you wanted to reply to me.. I'lve always believed (judging from pics etc) they too had blue eyes.... Maybe they have a dark blue shade?

Are you sure? They look blue/grey to me!

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/experimen...ages/q2-a1.jpg

But your are right about Pippa: hazel, apparently

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/3340880/im...N-facebook.jpg
Michael has always had brown eyes, for as long as I've been following the Middletons, at least.

You can see a better view of his face in this picture.
My Current Obsession : Photo
Old 12-04-2015, 04:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Michael has always had brown eyes, for as long as I've been following the Middletons, at least.

You can see a better view of his face in this picture.
My Current Obsession : Photo

Sorry, but that is a very small pic! In the high-quality ones I've seen, as the photo I posted it is overt that he has blue eyes!!! Just no the light clear blue hue like William for example, but a more darker shade... Okay, I'm veering off topic so this would be my last post on the matter. Anyone is free to believe what they want.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Sorry, but that is a very small pic! In the high-quality ones I've seen, as the photo I posted it is overt that he has blue eyes!!! Just no the light clear blue hue like William for example, but a more darker shade... Okay, I'm veering off topic so this would be my last post on the matter. Anyone is free to believe what they want.
Hmm... hard to say! Looks like he has a bit hazel/grayish?

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/news/specia...eton_getty.jpg

Pippa has brown:
http://www.shemazing.net/wp-content/...-middleton.jpg

Hmm, the Middleton family would certainly provide a nice study in eye colour genetics!
Old 12-04-2015, 04:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Hmm... hard to say! Looks like he has a bit hazel/grayish?

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/news/specia...eton_getty.jpg

Pippa has brown:
http://www.shemazing.net/wp-content/...-middleton.jpg

Hmm, the Middleton family would certainly provide a nice study in eye colour genetics!

I think he has a dark blue shade and in some pics the light makes them look darker,but in other it is very obvious he has no brown eyes. Pippa has certainly hazel/brown eyes, I changed my mind about her eye color, as I was sure she had light eyes as well
Old 12-04-2015, 04:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I think he has a dark blue shade and in some pics the light makes them look darker,but in other it is very obvious he has no brown eyes. Pippa has certainly hazel/brown eyes, I changed my mind about her eye color, as I was sure she had light eyes as well
The picture of Michael looks basically as I saw in most of the pictures. They seem like a mix. Kate's seem like a greener version of his color-changing eyes. Yeah, Pippa definitley has brown (although rather light) eyes. Very interesting.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
The picture of Michael looks basically as I saw in most of the pictures. They seem like a mix. Kate's seem like a greener version of his color-changing eyes. Yeah, Pippa definitley has brown (although rather light) eyes. Very interesting.

Perhaps we can ask the mods to make a poll about that
Old 12-04-2015, 05:11 PM
Commoner

Lovely new photos of the babies!

The new photos released of the young prince and princess are wonderful. You can see the Queen in the young princess. You can also see the influence of the male royals on the prince. I was astounded though at how thin Lady Kate was in the photos. Since the camera adds 10 pounds I know that she is very underweight. Perhaps the royals should allow her to eat now and then! Of course the Christmas season is upon us so she will have ample opportunities to snack.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge, kate middleton, prince william, princess charlotte