The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 04:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
I am seeing mostly William too.
Can you point to something specific? I'm getting really curious because I can't see anything that reminds me of William. When she was first born I thought she had William's dome-shaped forehead, but she doesn't appear to even have that anymore. Now her forehead is much more Catherine.

Old 11-29-2015, 04:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think she looks like Marie Antoinette and President Obama....just wanted to showcase how ridiculous this "she looks like" stuff is. People are just seeing what they want to see. She was blue eyes like William and brown hair like Kate.
As for the pictures, Kate is really good at taking these and I can only imagine there are many more that er will never see. I wonder if William and Kate take photos on their phones like most parents today; or perhaps they don't trust that anymore.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 11-29-2015, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I don't see why it's ridiculous to discuss which family member she resembles. These type of discussions happen all the time on the forums when it comes to royal babies.

These are such lovely photos. Charlotte is adorable. I'm going back and forth on who she resembles. At first glance I saw William, then I thought she looked like Kate and Carol. Now I see a bit of Diana (in the eyes).

It's nice getting to see photos that Kate took. Hopefully they'll release some photos of George and Charlotte next month.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't why poeple insisted that it was George who looked like William. To me, Charlotte is a female version of her dad:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CU_bErpVEAAdEjp.jpg

Eyes shape, face shape and nose!
Old 11-29-2015, 05:00 PM
Royal Highness

I don't see the resemblances. She looks like any happy baby and if you told me she was the daughter of John and Emma who live somewhere in Brighton, I'd believe it too.

Nonetheless, she is adorable.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

What a gorgeous little one Charlotte is! I see a lot of William and Carole in her (which is suiting as George is a good mix of Catherine and Charles). I am also loving the full head of dark hair

And once again, I'd like to throw some love in Catherine's general direction for taking such good photographs. She's a terrific photographer and I'd take her pictures of the children e.g. Testino's any day (I'm still not over how bad those christening pictures were).

Old 11-29-2015, 05:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I think she looks like Marie Antoinette and President Obama...
And this made me . Thank you for the much-needed laugh .

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I think she looks like Marie Antoinette and President Obama....just wanted to showcase how ridiculous this "she looks like" stuff is. People are just seeing what they want to see. She was blue eyes like William and brown hair like Kate.
As for the pictures, Kate is really good at taking these and I can only imagine there are many more that er will never see. I wonder if William and Kate take photos on their phones like most parents today; or perhaps they don't trust that anymore.
Even there we have room for disagreement. William, Diana and Frances Shand Kydd all possess(ed) striking cornflower-blue eyes. I think Charlotte's blue is more muted like Charles and Carole.

I do agree that Catherine takes lovely photos. In another life she could have been a studio photographer.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:12 PM
Gentry

Like George???

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
I totally agree with you. Exactly like George with darker hair.
A beautiful baby girl What a nice surprise these photos.
I'm sorry, but I don't think that child looks at all like George.
I do think she has the same eyebrows as QEII. I say this because I have always wished she would pluck those things. Queen Mary also had them.
She does look incredibly like Leonore though. It would be very amusing if who they both turned out to strongly resemble was their mutual ggggg granny Queen Victoria.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:13 PM
Aristocracy

First thought when I saw the pictures, that is the face of the Queen Mother, no doubt at all. That expression was thoughtful and playful at the same time. And how she has grown, what a gorgeous beautiful little girl. Bet she has dad wrapped right around her tiny finger.........and he loves it. Catherine did a magnificent job of taking those pictures. And that chair looks very comfortable and the right place to play with her toys. Being someone who loves interior design, I would love to see pictures of this beautiful country home.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I want to be her babysitter! She is too cute and to beautiful.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Hmmmm, I don't see much of William in her except his eye color. One of the expressions she's making reminds me of George and perhaps the shape of her face/head but the rest is Carole and Kate for now.

LaRae
Amen. Thank you Pranter!!
Old 11-29-2015, 05:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana Von Cleves View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't think that child looks at all like George.
I do think she has the same eyebrows as QEII. I say this because I have always wished she would pluck those things. Queen Mary also had them.
She does look incredibly like Leonore though. It would be very amusing if who they both turned out to strongly resemble was their mutual ggggg granny Queen Victoria.
Good Heavens! Let's hope not. Beatrice is enough of a ringer for QV and we don't need anymore, IMO.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:32 PM
Courtier

Adorable pictures. At first glance, Charlotte looked all Middleton to me, but then I thought, "something about her reminds me of a Windsor from a past era - a male member of the family." I'd just woken up at the time and couldn't quite put my finger on it but then, by chance, my mother emailed the pictures to me and said "she looks like James Middleton . . . but also a bit like King George V." And, yep, that's pretty much what I see!

Regardless of who she looks like, though, she's absolutely adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I don't see why it's ridiculous to discuss which family member she resembles. These type of discussions happen all the time on the forums when it comes to royal babies.
Exactly. In fact, I think it's quite normal to generally discuss who babies resemble, whether they're royal or not.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:51 PM
Courtier

My friend welcomed a baby into the world today. He is gorgeous, so is Charlotte and George, all children are in my humble opinion.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:54 PM
Courtier

I don't want to swipe this person's edit, so I will just link you to their Twitter. The picture shows how much Charlotte looks like Carole.

https://twitter.com/royallyedited/media
Old 11-29-2015, 06:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I don't want to swipe this person's edit, so I will just link you to their Twitter. The picture shows how much Charlotte looks like Carole.

I don't see it. Princess Charlotte has larger eyes?
Old 11-29-2015, 07:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
I don't see it. Princess Charlotte has larger eyes?

It's more the shape of the eyes and the color, less about the big baby eyes. It also shows a very similar face shape, eyebrows, and mouth.

Charlotte doesn't look 100% like any relative, but she has more Carole than anyone else,imo.
Old 11-29-2015, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It's more the shape of the eyes and the color, less about the big baby eyes. It also shows a very similar face shape, eyebrows, and mouth.

Charlotte doesn't look 100% like any relative, but she has more Carole than anyone else,imo.
I didn't see any of Kate's family in her until I saw the photo side-by-side with the pic of Carole. There are definite similarities, as much in the general set of the features and overall expression as anything more specific. Definitely more Goldsmith than anyone else, I think.
Old 11-29-2015, 07:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Oh yes, the mouth...incredible !

Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge, kate middleton, prince william, princess charlotte