Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News 2: May 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh that Scratch is so cute and will delight George and Charlotte for years to come. I especially like that it was given to Charles from Elephant Family which was a cause so dear to Camilla's brother Mark.

Ah... AdmirerUS. You're not alone. I also have a Petoskey stone as a worry stone. Its hard to fathom they're 350 million years old and fossilized coral.

Not just a cause dear to Mark's heart, he was a co-founder :flowers: And Camilla has been quite active as patron for years, Charles now as well.

I certainly agree it makes it more special. And I am sure the kids will love it.

I think it's great that Carole is going to come stay ...like any other grandparent would if they were able to. I've done this more than once, although their parents weren't off to India lol

LaRae

In a close, loving family circle such as the Cambridges seem to have with their extended family members, Grandma coming to stay can turn out to be an extra special treat for the kids such that they don't miss Mommy and Daddy so much. Mommy and Daddy also can put full attention into where they are and what they're doing knowing their children are at home safe, sound and probably getting spoiled rotten. That's what Grandmas do. :D

I would imagine she will look after the children in her own home. No need for her to move to Norfolk as I'm sure that George and Charlotte are already very familiar with and comfortable at their grandparent's house.

Last edited:
I'd actually be surprised if Carole doesn't go to Norfolk. For security, comfort and convenience, its much easier. At that age the kids being comfortable and their schedule being disrupted as little as possible are important. I wonder if Carole will take George to school or if he will take the week off. I know its just pre-school but good for him to be around other kids, as well as learning.

I'd actually be surprised if Carole doesn't go to Norfolk. For security, comfort and convenience, its much easier. At that age the kids being comfortable and their schedule being disrupted as little as possible are important. I wonder if Carole will take George to school or if he will take the week off. I know its just pre-school but good for him to be around other kids, as well as learning.

Security goes with them anyway and I'm sure they will have stayed with Carole and Mike many times before.

Security goes with them anyway and I'm sure they will have stayed with Carole and Mike many times before.

True, but it's a lot easier for Carole to travel 3 hrs at the beginning of the week and 3 hours at the end, than to pack up two babies, a nanny, security and whatever baby/toddler necessities and do the trip. Easier and more enjoyable for everyone... I've never enjoyed long car rides with tiny folk, personally!

The Middletons more likely have their own set of baby equipment. They are wealthy with a huge house. Plenty of room for the grandkids. W&K can take them to Buckleberry and then hit nearby Heathrow for their flight tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

True, but it's a lot easier for Carole to travel 3 hrs at the beginning of the week and 3 hours at the end, than to pack up two babies, a nanny, security and whatever baby/toddler necessities and do the trip. Easier and more enjoyable for everyone... I've never enjoyed long car rides with tiny folk, personally!

Its much, much easier for Carole to go to Norfolk than pack up the kids and necessities (you forgot to include Lupo. Family dogs usually always go with the kids) for a week's stay.

It is far easier for the kids and their daily schedules to keep them on "home turf" and the only thing that changes is that the parents have gone away and grandma has come to visit. It lessens the separation anxiety quite a bit I think.

I agree. I've never cared for long, car trips with three little ones in the back seat and even worse was having three a little bit older ones stuck on a changeover in an airport waiting for a flight out due to bad weather with very little cash on hand and a near tweenager wanting to case the airport for boys. That is a scenario to this day I still wish on my kids with their young ones. :ROFLMAO:

Its much, much easier for Carole to go to Norfolk than pack up the kids and necessities (you forgot to include Lupo. Family dogs usually always go with the kids) for a week's stay.

It is far easier for the kids and their daily schedules to keep them on "home turf" and the only thing that changes is that the parents have gone away and grandma has come to visit. It lessens the separation anxiety quite a bit I think.

I agree. I've never cared for long, car trips with three little ones in the back seat and even worse was having three a little bit older ones stuck on a changeover in an airport waiting for a flight out due to bad weather with very little cash on hand and a near tweenager wanting to case the airport for boys. That is a scenario to this day I still wish on my kids with their young ones. :ROFLMAO:

I agree, it's much easier to have Mrs. Middleton come to Norfolk than to have to transport two children under age of three, along with security and nanny to a location that is three hours away. The children do best in familiar environment, especially when primary caregivers are gone. No matter how familiar George and Charlotte may be with their grandparents' residence, I'm sure they prefer to be in their own home and in their own nurseries and beds. If George will be attending school, then staying in Norfolk is the optimal solution. I'm sure the school is aware of the fact that George will be picked up by his grandmother on such-and-such dates. Your traveling experience has given me a chuckle. Good plot for a comedy, that's for sure. Children always know how to provide us with a laugh, even if that laugh comes a few years after the events.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Makes full sense. Even if Maria would work overtime this week (which she probably will) she will not be able to cover 24/7 :p They have the housekeeper to put in some childcare duties this week as well. To me, it makes sense that this weeks kid duties is shared between nanny+housekeeper+grandma instead of taking in a temporary nanny.

It makes perfect sense to me for the children to be left in the care of their grandmother with the support of their nanny. I don't even know why it made the headlines; I would think it is what would be expected.

Everything they do the press tries to make news of. I am surprised we haven't had a 'Lupo went to the groomer' story:whistling:

WK were in London on Wednesday and more than likely stayed in London until they left. They would have been tied up with staff meeting, finalizing their packing, etc. The kids would also be at KP then since WK aren't leaving them 4 days earlier than they have to. Basically there are 3 options for the kids, stay at KP, go back to Norfolk or go to Buckleberry. Until photos spring up or they get sighted we don't know. Staying at KP seem the least likely since they are more likely to get papped in the London parks, from London it's closer to Buckleberry than Norfolk.

I personally enjoyed staying at my grandparents house when I was a little kid. George and Charlotte probably stay regularly at the Middletons and Highgrove. Plus they are going to and from KP and Anmer so probably aren't going to freak out if they are not home.

I'm really fascinated by the similarity between QE and little Charlotte. That face expression :D

I hope Charlotte will have a nice birthday, but I would not do such circumstances with an first (!) birthday. She is too young to understand the meaning of all that business around.

That 'article' :ermm: was more an advertisement for 'party pieces' then a news piece. They may have a garden party. They may have a theme. Oh there will be food of some kind. This is all ground breaking news about the birthday. :bang:

First birthdays are always a big occasion, even if the kids wont remember. Where I come from the cake smashing and the pictures every month to announce the baby's age has become some huge fad.

The Beatrix Potter was obviously a nod at George's. He had a Beatrix Potter garden party for his first birthday.
Prince George's birthday party guests include the Queen, Prince Harry and Kate Middleton | Daily Mail Online

I agree that in the first year of life up to the first birthday, the celebrations mostly are for the parents and the family and its required to have at least five embarrassing or comical pictures of the child to haul out when said child gets engaged years later.

Charlotte may not remember her first birthday but its possible that George will and probably has his hot little hands in on the planning and all the good stuff that goes along with it. Another aspect that will be good for George is that he'll realize that some days are special just for his sister. :D

Oh, please don't get me wrong. Toddlers are as important persons as everybody else :) Of course one should celebrate a first birthday of a beloved child. But it's a matter of dimensions. The child probably enjoys guests from the extended family, some food, some presents and beeing the middle of all attention. And I agree in the point that Georgie can learn a lot.
But no toddler needs dozens of strangers as like the adult friends of her parents. One can do that, but this is not for the child but for the parents.

Maybe it's a cultural thing, but I've never understood all the hype around a toddler turning 1. I mean, of course is a symbolic milestone but I find thy idea of a birthday party a bit strange.

I'm looking forward for Charlotte's photos though

I suspect that we will see a party for Charlotte that looks very similar to George's - the Middletons and Godparents. I am leaning towards them having at KP to make it easier for the Queen to come if she wanted plus Kate has engagements 2 days later in London. I wonder if Charles will go since he didn't make it to any of George's birthdays.

Very common here (US) to have a 1st birthday party. Often there are two cakes..one small one for the baby to smash up and another for the guests.

LaRae

Birthdays are always special, no matter what age. I'm sure there will be a party for Charlotte. I'm also looking forward to the official pics.

Maybe it's a cultural thing, but I've never understood all the hype around a toddler turning 1. I mean, of course is a symbolic milestone but I find thy idea of a birthday party a bit strange.

I'm looking forward for Charlotte's photos though

It is really common in the states. And of course the star of the day never has any memories of it! :lol: But we goo and yuk it up because that's how we do it here. Silly pictures of the (often half naked) baby covered in the cake they destroy!
I don't know which is stranger about Americans - that we do this or that we assume the whole world does this. :cool::eek::ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom