Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News 2: May 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was said that he would start school towards the end of January, but he started during early January. It was a nice controlled surprise.

They say 2by the end of January.I was expecting George to start school more like toward mid-January, but they surprised all!

I thought it was said that he would start school towards the end of January, but he started during early January. It was a nice controlled surprise.

I agree, it was a lovely surprise and to be honest we as royal watchers didn't really miss out too much. In fact, I think it's much better to have photos taken by the Duchess of Cambridge and released in the way they did because it sort of makes things more personal as if we are part of it - without the media acting as middleman.

The media did the usual George vs William picture.

Now if they can tell me if George had on red shoes and red shorts.:lol:

Too bad no pictures of the shoes nor the clothes underneath the coat.

According to earlier stories, the parents remain with the child on the first day.

Now that he has started schools, a few photographers will be stationed near the school so expect papped pictures.

The BBC said last night that William and Kate would be pleased George's nursery was sited in a private road, not a public one.

Paps would stand out like a sore thumb outside Westacre Montessori School Nursery in Norfolk

I think the only way to get photos would be 'long lens' and that's just not kosher with the public.

I can't imagine any British newspaper publishing long lens photos of Prince George coming or going to school.

Its one thing to photograph Kate shopping on the high street and another to publish photos of a toddler going to school.

Last edited:
British papers may not publish the long lens photos of George, but papers outside of Britain certainly have. They've been posted in this thread.

Kindly note, 'private road/s' have a very distinct meaning in English law. I hope that this toddler, who may be King one day, is allowed to be a toddler. I hope he enjoys his time at pre-school and that he and the other children there are left alone to be children.

Kindly note, 'private road/s' have a very distinct meaning in English law. I hope that this toddler, who may be King one day, is allowed to be a toddler. I hope he enjoys his time at pre-school and that he and the other children there are left alone to be children.

What does private road mean? Does it mean private property in which people not invited are trespassing?

I don't see the problem. The school has had a private road before George enrolled. I guess it was done so to protect any child attending that school.

Alot of English country farms have private roads. Private roads have different levels of protection when it comes to Trespass law, it is my understanding.

Editors' Code of Practice

6. *Children

i) All pupils should be free to complete their time at school without unnecessary intrusion.

ii) They must not be approached or photographed at school without permission of the school authorities.

iii) Children under 16 must not be interviewed or photographed on issues involving their own or another child’s welfare unless a custodial parent or similarly responsible adult consents.

iv) Children under 16 must not be paid for material involving their welfare, nor parents or guardians for material about their children or wards, unless it is clearly in the child's interest.

v) Editors must not use the fame, notoriety or position of a parent or guardian as sole justification for publishing details of a child's private life.

https://www.ipso.co.uk/IPSO/cop.html

Richard Palmer basically confirmed on Twitter George won't be harassed by British papers while at school because it violates editors' code of conduct

Last edited:
Dear Marty91charmed, yes I suspect that the pre-school did have a private road prior to PG enrolling. It would no doubt be attractive to his parents as it should, my understanding is up the levels of protection from uninvited visitors with or without camera's.

Dear Marty91charmed, yes I suspect that the pre-school did have a private road prior to PG enrolling. It would no doubt be attractive to his parents as it should, my understanding is up the levels of protection from uninvited visitors with or without camera's.

I have no doubt that George's parent have chosen this isolated school for that reason! I also hope that the security will be there to protect George but also that they will do is as discreetely as they can in order to not distress other children, who need as much quiet as George.

I would guess the security detail is not actually in the classroom but outside it and really kids of this age don't pay much attention to a couple other adults standing around.

LaRae

I was pleasantly surprised to see these new photos of little George. I also agree that they were a wise move from the Cambridges, it's better for them that we got official photos of him going to nursery rather than paparazzi ones.

George is adorable and I love his outfit. I hope he had a fun first day!
I think he looks more like Catherine than William, particularly around the eyes, but I can sort of understand why some think he looks like William.

Good morning all. A minor technical point I know but when did The British Royal Family become Celeb's?

Good morning all. A minor technical point I know but when did The British Royal Family become Celeb's?

When Lady Diana Spencer became engaged to HRH The Prince of Wales...or was the antics of the now Duke of York ("Randy Andy" - remember him)...or the antics of Princess Margaret (Group Capt. Peter Townsend ring a bell?)...many of Prince Philip's choices of words (informing the Chinese they have slitty eyes) or...........

When Lady Diana Spencer became engaged to HRH The Prince of Wales...or was the antics of the now Duke of York ("Randy Andy" - remember him)...or the antics of Princess Margaret (Group Capt. Peter Townsend ring a bell?)...many of Prince Philip's choices of words (informing the Chinese they have slitty eyes) or...........
how could you forget the toe-sucking Fergie???? :D

It went farther back than Diana; Diana's celebrity status just brought it all into overdrive

It happened post-WWI.

The Queen Mother did it knowingly, marketing out her daughters and the Prince of Wales' many affairs delighted the press.

Then Margaret herself assumed celebrity status in the 50's and 60's, followed for a short period by Andrew.

After 1981 it was all Diana and her descendants.

This is not to say that the royals embraced the idea that they were celebrities, but some of the above did more than others.

They're royals, but they live in a celebrity culture. Royals have always been famous though.

It went farther back than Diana; Diana's celebrity status just brought it all into overdrive

It happened post-WWI.

I'd put it much earlier, perhaps with the Prince Regent and his heir, the Princess Charlotte.

There was a great deal of society gossip about them, and Charlotte, at least, was presented as a trend-setter. (Descriptions of her wedding dress in the press, etc.)

Let's get back on topic...George and Charlotte.

I actually think George still looks more like the Middleton side of the family, with the exception of his blonde hair. His little nose might resemble his grandfather Mike Middleton's or become more like William's as he grows, however. I'm sure he had a wonderful time in those few hours and is looking forward to more!

I agree. :flowers: Especially with his mother's eyebrows. Definitely taking after the Middleton side. The shape of the head is different from William's.

Cute story - Sophie's son was getting it 'road-tested'

PRINCE GEORGE will soon be roaring round in his own Aston Martin sports car.

The two-year-old will inherit a half-size V8 Volante from his father William as soon as he is old enough to drive it.

William and brother Harry were given the car in 1988 but George is set to become the new Prince of Wheels after his father took it out of the Sandringham Museum on the Queen’s estate in Norfolk in order to have it renovated.

George, who already rides about on a £100 toy tractor at his home, nearby Anmer Hall, is said to be “obsessed” with vehicles.

He follows a long line of Royals playing at being James Bond by driving the British-made model Aston at speeds of up to 20mph.

The car was “road-tested” during the Christmas holidays by the Earl and Countess of Wessex’s eight-year-old son James, Viscount Severn.

“He was racing round the paths and having a wonderful time,” said a source at Sandringham.
Read more: Prince George will soon be roaring around in his own Aston Martin | Royal | News | Daily Express

Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 1: May 2015

Well, they needed to know just how much work was needed on it before sending it off after all. :D ;) I'll bet James had a blast driving it at Christmas time & he's the only one in the Family who can honestly do that one famous 007 line to anyone who sees him in it. :D ;)

So glad the next Generation will be making a bunch of memories w/this particular and very special toy. Here's hoping though Ferrari never gives Charlotte her own red mini Ferrari, as I'm not sure the pathways could handle a pint sized version of that scene of Goldeneye...LOL!!!!! :D ;)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
When Prince George strolled into his first day of pre-school at Westacre Montessori last week, he looked relaxed and happy – a sure sign that he was ready for school and it was the right place for him.

That's because it is just the place for a future king, says Louise Livingston, director of training at the Maria Montessori Institute, where many of George's teachers studied.

Following the methods pioneered by Italian educator Maria Montessori, Westacre Montessori School in East Walton, which is not far from the family's country home, Anmer Hall, in Norfolk, stresses that children think for themselves as early as possible.

"There is a lot of focus on independence and helping children do things for themselves and make their own decisions and their own choices," Livingston tells PEOPLE in this week's issue.
Read more: How Prince George's Preschool Is Teaching Him to 'Do Things for Himself' : People.com

This is the philosophy I used when working as a preschool teacher and I'm still using it at my current job, even though the children are between ages of five and ten. I stressed from the first day that I expected the children to carry their own backpacks (when physically possible), be the ones to put their things in their cubbies, put their jackets on/take them off, clean up after themselves and accept consequences when they made bad choices. The parents loved it and the children learned accountability from an early age. The children at my current job have a lot of physical restrictions, but I encourage them to 'help' their paras when it's lunch/snack time, be able to take out their communication notebooks in the morning/ put them away in the afternoon, find their cubbies and to accept consequences when they make bad choices. It works wonders, because the children have a chance to feel like they're in control and are able to be as independent as possible. I'm so happy that George will be in the environment where he will be allowed to learn important life skills. He may never need to clean his house, but there's no reason for him not to be expected to put away his toys when he's at home as well as in the classroom.

Along with all that you've said Daria, there's nothing happier to see than a child filled with pride and positive self esteem they get from being able to say "I did it myself". Art made and brought home is proudly displayed on the refrigerator in a prime spot but I think nothing is more satisfactory to the parents and the teachers than to see a student grow and develop their own independence and positive self esteem by keeping that "I did it myself" attitude throughout life.

The job of a parent is to become unnecessary to the the child.

Along with all that you've said Daria, there's nothing happier to see than a child filled with pride and positive self esteem they get from being able to say "I did it myself". Art made and brought home is proudly displayed on the refrigerator in a prime spot but I think nothing is more satisfactory to the parents and the teachers than to see a student grow and develop their own independence and positive self esteem by keeping that "I did it myself" attitude throughout life.

The job of a parent is to become unnecessary to the the child.

You're absolutely correct. Nothing bring up self-esteem like independence and the ability to do for oneself. No matter how wealthy/well-to-do a child is, a time will come when parents won't be around. It's paramount to make sure that a child is prepared for life as an adult and the only way to do that is to have reasonable expectations, as well as to encourage the child not to just reach, but also to stretch and to seek out challenges for self-improvement. Childhood is the best time to do this and it appears that George's parents chose a great school to help their son build a solid foundation.

What sets a Montessori school apart?

Prince George is attending the Westacre Montessori Nursery. What sets a Montessori school apart from other schools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom