The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 05-15-2015, 04:07 PM
MarNoe's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Utah, United States
Posts: 719
I don't remember - did any of the paps following Diana's car get charged with contributing to her death? Until the paps learn AND ABSORB the consequences of just how damaging and/or devastating their incessant hounding can be they will never change. Greed rules.

(Not worded well but all I could think of right now)
__________________

  #62  
Old 05-15-2015, 04:40 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,021
Was at the local small town (population under 2000) grocery store today here in the midwest....there were at least 3 magazines/papers with pics of the BRF on there.

99 percent of them wouldn't have a clue who any other the other royal families are in the world. Nor would they really care.


LaRae
__________________

  #63  
Old 05-15-2015, 04:41 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
I don't remember - did any of the paps following Diana's car get charged with contributing to her death? Until the paps learn AND ABSORB the consequences of just how damaging and/or devastating their incessant hounding can be they will never change. Greed rules.

(Not worded well but all I could think of right now)

I don't think so...a few were detained after the accident but released.


laRae
  #64  
Old 05-15-2015, 05:32 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,634
If you've not had your daily chuckle yet, this is for you. Prince George's thoughts on the new arrival to the family. Enjoy!

What Prince George Thinks About Becoming a Big Brother - mom.me
__________________
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
  #65  
Old 05-15-2015, 10:05 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
In terms of media interest, you are comparing guppies with blue whales. The BRF could post 10 selfies a day and still be stalked by the paps.

I agree up to a point, but I do think the Cambridges might consider allowing a few more photo opportunities.
By hiding the children away except for a (very occasional) picture, they are
needlessly antagonizing the media and the whole thing may result in a free-for-all.
  #66  
Old 05-15-2015, 10:29 PM
Frelinghighness's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England, United States
Posts: 3,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Was at the local small town (population under 2000) grocery store today here in the midwest....there were at least 3 magazines/papers with pics of the BRF on there.

99 percent of them wouldn't have a clue who any other the other royal families are in the world. Nor would they really care.


LaRae
Quite right about that. Most us citizens have no clue there is any other royals. also, to compare the uk with the continentals is crazy. The uk, us, and Aussie do not protect children's images, you figure it out
  #67  
Old 05-16-2015, 01:39 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 628
We saw pictures of George at his birth, his christening, on the Australian tour, at Christmas and at the hospital with William. We'll probably see another couple when they release the first pictures of the family with Charlotte. That's all before he's two years old. Why do we, the public, need to see such a small child any more than that?
  #68  
Old 05-16-2015, 03:34 AM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 3,294
They also released the photos taken by Michael Middleton, the family photo taken at KP and the photos for his birthday. So we have gotten quite a few photos/photo-ops of George.
  #69  
Old 05-16-2015, 04:52 AM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 998
Even without photos, there seems to be a lot of information about life at Anmer available.

The Dersingham Parish Council noted Prince George's attendance at their playground on their facebook- as did the company that built the equipment, on their facebook.

The shop that sold the little cardigan Prince George wore to the Lindo Wing has told how the Duchess bought it last November, and more recently bought three similar cardigans in other colours.

"Trotters" has also revealed a "Middleton family member" bought the "Organic Sprout" hair product used on little PG's locks so he looked so smart for his public outing in front of the world's media.

I've read of the three pubs in Norfolk that the Duke and Duchess frequent for meals with their friends - and who those friends are that live about them.

I've seen photos inside the local picture-framing shop and the hat shop that the Duchess has visited - and read the comments of the staff/owners about how many times, and with who, she has been there.

I've seen a photo of the local butcher shop the Duke and Duchess have used.

I've learnt little PG has a toy fire-engine that he can fit in, that he enjoys.

I've read how the Duke and Duchess have been seen walking across the fields and on the local beach - prior to Princess Charlotte's birth.

So even without photos, there is a lot being reported on by various sources - though most may just be a flurry caused by the family having recently settled there with the baby.
  #70  
Old 05-16-2015, 07:45 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 4,382
I always laugh when people say George is 'hidden away'. If that's the case why is he photographed at petting zoos or taking walks in the park with his nanny or going on vacations with the family.

Just because the Cambridges don't parade George around like he's Harper Beckham or aren't constantly posting 'selfies' to their instagram account doesn't mean George is 'hidden away'

Whenever I see pics of George he looks like a healthy and happy child doing the things children do. Long may it continue.
  #71  
Old 05-16-2015, 08:03 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Quite right about that. Most us citizens have no clue there is any other royals. also, to compare the uk with the continentals is crazy. The uk, us, and Aussie do not protect children's images, you figure it out
To quote a song....Money money money...money!

Personally I haven't spent a dime on any mags that profile celebs/royals since Diana's death.

LaRae
  #72  
Old 05-16-2015, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 4,382
Quote:
It will be a few years before he's ready to take his seat on the British throne, but Prince George has already proved himself to be the King of the Swings.

Mum Princess Kate recently took her 21-month-old son for a surprise trip to Dersingham Recreation Park near his new home at Anmer Hall.

And like all toddler boys, George made full use of the swings, slides and other play facilities at the park – which is just a regular playground for the local public.

"All the local boys and girls got to play with Prince George and none of them knew anything about it," a local resident tells PEOPLE in this week's cover story.
Prince George's Secret Playground Outing : People.com
  #73  
Old 05-16-2015, 01:20 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Was at the local small town (population under 2000) grocery store today here in the midwest....there were at least 3 magazines/papers with pics of the BRF on there.

99 percent of them wouldn't have a clue who any other the other royal families are in the world. Nor would they really care.


LaRae
That is so very true. Most on the Royal Forum who are American gather a lot of their information from other members messages. You really have to search for information on other Royals of the world if you are the least bit interested. Traveling to Netherlands in 2008 for two weeks, 75% of the tour group [all Americans] didn't even know that the country had a Queen! Some were fascinated, most didn't care.
They were more interested in the locals and how they live and their customs.
__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
  #74  
Old 05-16-2015, 03:49 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
That is so very true. Most on the Royal Forum who are American gather a lot of their information from other members messages. You really have to search for information on other Royals of the world if you are the least bit interested. Traveling to Netherlands in 2008 for two weeks, 75% of the tour group [all Americans] didn't even know that the country had a Queen! Some were fascinated, most didn't care.
They were more interested in the locals and how they live and their customs.
I've been interested in the various royals for years...and I rarely run into anyone (work, friends, customers and even online groups) who care about the royals...and the very few that do only really know Diana forward...and generally are most familiar with William and Kate ..perhaps Harry.

One online board I'm one (for about 15 years now) has people from all over the world...and no one talks about them...I posted a link about the new princess and maybe 5 people commented...and most of them Americans.



LaRae
  #75  
Old 05-16-2015, 04:08 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
To quote a song....Money money money...money!

Personally I haven't spent a dime on any mags that profile celebs/royals since Diana's death.
I think the thing that disturbs me the most is how these royal children are bandied about and how much or how little the press and the public deserves to see them and how it should be done. Its as if these very flesh and blood little ones are commodities to be packaged and delivered to the demands of the gawking, drooling public with fistfuls of green dollars. Is the public that uncaring as to what is best for the children at all?

To be honest, at this point in their lives, George and Charlotte play absolutely no part in the royal scheme of things and at the age they are, their inner circle of trust basically revolves around mommy and daddy and the immediate families. The outside world can be a pretty scary place by itself without crowds, noise and flashbulbs/cameras in their faces every time they step out of the door. Even William at a young age stated point blank "I don't like 'tographers".

My opinion is that the public should count as a blessing the few pictures that we do get and that the press should all come down with some bizarre strain of Altzheimer's that instantly makes them forget to take the lens cap off of the camera.

Let these children enjoy the wonders of childhood in peace as most of us had the chance to.
__________________
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
  #76  
Old 05-16-2015, 04:18 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,021
Absolutely Osipi I totally agree. Until they have reached their late teens or so (privacy at college etc) they should be sheltered and protected from the craziness. Pics taken at public events like the Royal Horse Show and the few released by the family each year should be it. Let them feel safe and protected as long as they can.


LaRae
  #77  
Old 05-16-2015, 05:51 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,419
I really don't think anyone are expecting a whole lot from the young Cambridge kids at this moment. Nice pictures released for their birthdays, christenings, appearances on the balcony after the Trooping and nice outings at polo or Windsor Horse Show isn't too much for them. The world won't attack them and they will always be sheltered and protected by their parents and family.
__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
  #78  
Old 05-16-2015, 05:56 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think the thing that disturbs me the most is how these royal children are bandied about and how much or how little the press and the public deserves to see them and how it should be done. Its as if these very flesh and blood little ones are commodities to be packaged and delivered to the demands of the gawking, drooling public with fistfuls of green dollars. Is the public that uncaring as to what is best for the children at all?



To be honest, at this point in their lives, George and Charlotte play absolutely no part in the royal scheme of things and at the age they are, their inner circle of trust basically revolves around mommy and daddy and the immediate families. The outside world can be a pretty scary place by itself without crowds, noise and flashbulbs/cameras in their faces every time they step out of the door. Even William at a young age stated point blank "I don't like 'tographers".



My opinion is that the public should count as a blessing the few pictures that we do get and that the press should all come down with some bizarre strain of Altzheimer's that instantly makes them forget to take the lens cap off of the camera.



Let these children enjoy the wonders of childhood in peace as most of us had the chance to.
Very well said! At this point, the children should only worry about being children, and not about the vultures that are the press. There's no reason that a child of George's age should be photographed during family outings (yes, I know that it happens, but it doesn't make it right). He and his sister are humans, not animals at the zoo. There will be plenty of opportunities to see them once they're older, and have a better understanding of what goes on. Seeing their pictures is a privilege, and not a right, so the public ought to adopt the philosophy of 'you get what you get, and you don't get upset'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Absolutely Osipi I totally agree. Until they have reached their late teens or so (privacy at college etc) they should be sheltered and protected from the craziness. Pics taken at public events like the Royal Horse Show and the few released by the family each year should be it. Let them feel safe and protected as long as they can.


LaRae
Absolutely! They need time to grow without all eyes looking on. Once they're older, and start taking part in official events, the public can be treated to pictures from the said events, and that's it. No need to film them going to school, or playing at the park (again, I know it happens/will happen, but it doesn't make it right).



Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #79  
Old 05-16-2015, 06:30 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Victoria, Daniel and Estelle could show up at the local IKEA and no one would have a clue who they were. But Pippa Middleton biking thru town would make the local news.
So true. I remember that Victoria and Daniel (and I think Estelle) were in San Francisco, CA and the trip barely made the local SF papers. I only knew about the trip from reading this forum. Stephanie of Monaco and her children were having a picnic in Central Park NY and not even the NY rags bothered to report it. (and Stef used to be a STAR over here). Several European royals have made visits to the U.S. or even live here and not many of us know or care.
  #80  
Old 05-16-2015, 06:39 PM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 998
For comparison, the "Daily Mail/Mail Online" has - as it's top story at this moment - lots of photos of the Queen's other grandchildren/great grandchildren running, laughing and playing at the Windsor Horse Show.

They don't seem inhibited by the photographer/s, who must have followed them for a long time looking at the different rides they're on, eating ice-cream and playing with each other and with their parents.

Lady Louise seems aware of the camera in one photo, but other-wise the children just seem to have got on with it and enjoyed the day.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge, kate middleton, prince william, princess charlotte


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 2: May 2016 JessRulz The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 344 11-22-2016 01:22 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit october 2016 camillas outfits catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander martha louise member introduction monarchy multiple births new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles prince harken in canada princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess victoria queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:16 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises