Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News 2: May 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me she seems to have the Queens mouth and eyes from baby photos I have seen , of course she doesn't look like a 90 year old woman ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I see George, the Queen, The Queen Mother and Carole Middleton in that face.

I thought she looked like the Queen when they brought her out of the hospital the day she was born.

IMO, she looks exactly like George with darker hair, especially the picture without the 'puppy'.

IMO, she looks exactly like George with darker hair, especially the picture without the 'puppy'.

I totally agree with you. Exactly like George with darker hair.
A beautiful baby girl :) What a nice surprise these photos.

I think it was also time for Charlotte to have her moment: George has been quite in the spotlight. Two pics of Charlotte alone is what I was hoping.:flowers:

I don't know why but there is indeed a resemblace to Leonore of Sweden:

https://twitter.com/european_royals/status/670953837201457153

On first sight, I actually thought Charlotte resembled Estelle a bit.

Both George and Charlotte really seem to be very happy children and I'm looking forward to watching them grow.

Lovely photos - add me to the camp who instantly thought that Charlotte resembles HM, especially the eyes.

I agree, I see HM and George (who look like Catherine's father IMO).

That KP released 2 photos of only Charlotte makes me think there is more to come. Nice that Charlotte got her own 6 mos photo. Perhaps a holiday family photo or one of George and Charlotte together closer to Christmas.

I agree. I have a feeling that we'll see more photos of the them in the coming weeks.

Lovely and lively pictures of HRH Princess Charlotte. Can't wait for some nice family pictures before Christmas. Catherine has taken some very beautiful pictures of her children. They're far better than the ones from the commissioned professional photographers so far.

Lovely and lively pictures of HRH Princess Charlotte. Can't wait for some nice family pictures before Christmas. Catherine has taken some very beautiful pictures of her children. They're far better than the ones from the commissioned professional photographers so far.
I agree! Out of the pictures of the kids Kates ones are the best looking ones. They are bright and happy, clear and focus on the kid! Very nicely done.

I'm in love with the photos! I'm so happy that Catherine and William chose to release photos that were taken at home, by Catherine herself. The pictures look natural and Charlotte looks very comfortable and happy. She's such a beautiful little girl, with very expressive eyes. Reminds me of Estelle when she was that age.

Isn't she beautiful? Those big blue eyes... I think she looks like George and William around the face, and unlike her brother inherited her father's blue eyes. I'm also glad that she's a brunette like her mother! George is blonde right now, but I think that his hair will turn darker as he gets older.

Charlote is totally different from her brother! What a surprise, since at the time of her christening she looked like George. :flowers:. I think she looks like William, but has the michievous look of granny Carole...

Hmmmm, I don't see much of William in her except his eye color. One of the expressions she's making reminds me of George and perhaps the shape of her face/head but the rest is Carole and Kate for now. LaRae

I agree, I see HM and George (who look like Catherine's father IMO).

What I saw was a unique look. Immediately thought of Michael Middleton. That some see Carole is nice. :flowers: What I see is a strong resemblance to the Middleton line (to Mama Kate, et al, which is a good thing imo). There's been a good infusion of a new look. Adorable baby. Happy but serious, too.

I see a baby. I never can tell family resemblances until a child is older, but she's a very cute baby and these are great pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

All babies do [indeed] 'look like Winston Churchill to me' tbh

Facially, she looks like a mix of Catherine, Carole, and HM. I think she has Carole's unique eye shape, just not as close-set.

Her ears stick outward like Grandpa Charles.

As an extra bonus, HM finally has her first brunette great-grandchild. The blondes now lead 4-1.

Last edited:
Lovely little doll. A William's spitting image, with Kate's mouth.

That is curious. Where do you see William? She has a different face shape, different eye shape, different hair color, different nose, different mouth, different eyebrows, different ears, and a different chin.

Is it something intangible that just screams William?

That is curious. Where do you see William? She has a different face shape, different eye shape, different hair color, different nose, different mouth, different eyebrows, different ears, and a different chin.

Is it something intangible that just screams William?

It's interesting how different people can look at a baby and see quite different things. I agree with you, miss whirley, about there being nothing of William in Charlotte's appearance, but I don't see Kate, either, but this is a good thing, in my opinion, because I think Kate was an unattractive baby. The only relative I see in those two photos is a bit of the Queen Mother. Otherwise she could be the child of strangers. But she does have wonderful eyes and a sweet smile.

Last edited:
I am seeing mostly William too.

Can you point to something specific? I'm getting really curious because I can't see anything that reminds me of William. When she was first born I thought she had William's dome-shaped forehead, but she doesn't appear to even have that anymore. Now her forehead is much more Catherine.

I think she looks like Marie Antoinette and President Obama....just wanted to showcase how ridiculous this "she looks like" stuff is. People are just seeing what they want to see. She was blue eyes like William and brown hair like Kate.
As for the pictures, Kate is really good at taking these and I can only imagine there are many more that er will never see. I wonder if William and Kate take photos on their phones like most parents today; or perhaps they don't trust that anymore.

:previous: I don't see why it's ridiculous to discuss which family member she resembles. These type of discussions happen all the time on the forums when it comes to royal babies.

These are such lovely photos. Charlotte is adorable. I'm going back and forth on who she resembles. At first glance I saw William, then I thought she looked like Kate and Carol. Now I see a bit of Diana (in the eyes).

It's nice getting to see photos that Kate took. Hopefully they'll release some photos of George and Charlotte next month.

Last edited:
I don't see the resemblances. She looks like any happy baby and if you told me she was the daughter of John and Emma who live somewhere in Brighton, I'd believe it too.

Nonetheless, she is adorable. :flowers:

What a gorgeous little one Charlotte is! I see a lot of William and Carole in her (which is suiting as George is a good mix of Catherine and Charles). I am also loving the full head of dark hair :D

And once again, I'd like to throw some love in Catherine's general direction for taking such good photographs. She's a terrific photographer and I'd take her pictures of the children e.g. Testino's any day (I'm still not over how bad those christening pictures were).

Last edited:
I think she looks like Marie Antoinette and President Obama....just wanted to showcase how ridiculous this "she looks like" stuff is. People are just seeing what they want to see. She was blue eyes like William and brown hair like Kate.
As for the pictures, Kate is really good at taking these and I can only imagine there are many more that er will never see. I wonder if William and Kate take photos on their phones like most parents today; or perhaps they don't trust that anymore.

Even there we have room for disagreement.:p William, Diana and Frances Shand Kydd all possess(ed) striking cornflower-blue eyes. I think Charlotte's blue is more muted like Charles and Carole.

I do agree that Catherine takes lovely photos. In another life she could have been a studio photographer.

Like George???

I totally agree with you. Exactly like George with darker hair.
A beautiful baby girl :) What a nice surprise these photos.

I'm sorry, but I don't think that child looks at all like George.
I do think she has the same eyebrows as QEII. I say this because I have always wished she would pluck those things. Queen Mary also had them.
She does look incredibly like Leonore though. It would be very amusing if who they both turned out to strongly resemble was their mutual ggggg granny Queen Victoria.

First thought when I saw the pictures, that is the face of the Queen Mother, no doubt at all. That expression was thoughtful and playful at the same time. And how she has grown, what a gorgeous beautiful little girl. Bet she has dad wrapped right around her tiny finger.........and he loves it. Catherine did a magnificent job of taking those pictures. And that chair looks very comfortable and the right place to play with her toys. Being someone who loves interior design, I would love to see pictures of this beautiful country home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom