Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News 2: May 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
. All toddlers should be encouraged to explore the world outside of their immediate environment. PG has done nothing to warrant house arrest. It is a complex legal matter but at it's heart are a toddler and a baby.

I agree, I like the fact George, and later Charlotte, are and will be able to enjoy the great outdoors with other kids. They should be left alone and the dangerous tactic of getting those pictures should be stopped. The pictures may look innocent and cute, but it's not worth looking at when the paps are doing crazy things to get the pictures. It's tricky though.

There we got the answer in the interview. Ken and the other dude are promoting their book about Diana.

Wharfe is one of a long list of former employees who writes books and talks about the royal family.

He was cut out of royal inner circles years ago. He's always out to give the royals a going over. Darren McGrady is the same mold.

I think the big difference between when Wharfe was a RPO for Diana and now is that if there was someone lurking in the yew trees or skulking anywhere near the person being protected, the thought that it may be someone out to execute a terrorist attack against someone wasn't the first thing to pop into the head.

Its just hit home to me how much our world and its security has changed in as little as 20 years.

I knid of understood them on some points in the interview, and they really sounded sypathetic, but some this just sounded braggy. Ken talking about how the police is failing and how he just threw out the paps hiding under trees. Plus the comment about "they're not beeing followed on the heels when holding the kid, like Diana was" like they are saying they're not allowed to complain because they're not having it as bad as Diana?? I mean, maybe they are trying to stop it BEFORE it becomes that bad again... I mean, we all know how last time ended.

I mean, maybe they are trying to stop it BEFORE it becomes that bad again... I mean, we all know how last time ended.

Not really a good example. Last time ended the way it did because Fayed did not respond sensibly to the threat. There was no need to leave the hotel that night. They were safe there.

I think this is the most appropriate thread - it is from a new book about HMQ by Ingrid Sewell and this is a quote about privacy and royal children. IT is quoted in The Times:

On privacy
It was difficult for the Queen and Prince Philip to shield their growing children from the insatiable public appetite for information about their lives. They organised occasional photo sessions with a favourite photographer, but otherwise kept
the children’s lives private.

The Queen eventually received so many letters from members of the public begging her to allow her children to be more visible that she even mentioned it in her Christmas speech of 1958. The Queen was being protective and wanted her offspring to have a more normal upbringing than she had herself. She and Philip both felt this would enable their children to relate to the increasingly less deferential world they would inherit.

She said: “Some of you have written to say that you would like to see our children on television this afternoon. We value your interest in them and I can assure you that we have thought about this a great deal before deciding against it. We would like our son and daughter to grow up as normally as possible so that they will be able to serve you and the Commonwealth faithfully and well when they are old enough to do so. We believe that public life is not a fair burden to place on growing children. I’m sure that all of you who are parents will understand.”

The children would have been 10 and 8 at the time

I think this is the most appropriate thread - it is from a new book about HMQ by Ingrid Sewell and this is a quote about privacy and royal children. IT is quoted in The Times:

On privacy
It was difficult for the Queen and Prince Philip to shield their growing children from the insatiable public appetite for information about their lives. They organised occasional photo sessions with a favourite photographer, but otherwise kept

The Queen eventually received so many letters from members of the public begging her to allow her children to be more visible that she even mentioned it in her Christmas speech of 1958. The Queen was being protective and wanted her offspring to have a more normal upbringing than she had herself. She and Philip both felt this would enable their children to relate to the increasingly less deferential world they would inherit.

She said: “Some of you have written to say that you would like to see our children on television this afternoon. We value your interest in them and I can assure you that we have thought about this a great deal before deciding against it. We would like our son and daughter to grow up as normally as possible so that they will be able to serve you and the Commonwealth faithfully and well when they are old enough to do so. We believe that public life is not a fair burden to place on growing children. I’m sure that all of you who are parents will understand.”

This is further proof that HM is totally fine with what William and Catherine are doing both as a couple and as parents. Like everyone else, I would love to see more photos of Cheeks 1 and Cheeks 2 (George and Charlotte), but I get what W&C are doing and respect it.

We would like our son and daughter to grow up as normally as possible so that they will be able to serve you and the Commonwealth faithfully and well when they are old enough to do so. We believe that public life is not a fair burden to place on growing children. I’m sure that all of you who are parents will understand.” - William could have said those exact words.

I much prefer this method over the 'child actor' model used by some other royals. I think the best preparation for G&C is to have as normal a childhood as possible. The Queen seems to think so as well.

I think they're great parents from the snippets we learn.

Last edited:

On privacy

Thank you for sharing this! It seems that Her Majesty faced the same struggles in regards to her children's privacy as William, and Catherine. I like how she responded. It's to the point, and leaves little room for criticism.

This is further proof that HM is totally fine with what William and Catherine are doing both as a couple and as parents. Like everyone else, I would love to see more photos of Cheeks 1 and Cheeks 2 (George and Charlotte), but I get what W&C are doing and respect it.

Same here. Hopefully this will stop the constant complaining that some love to engage in when it comes to the Cambridge family.

We would like our son and daughter to grow up as normally as possible so that they will be able to serve you and the Commonwealth faithfully and well when they are old enough to do so. We believe that public life is not a fair burden to place on growing children. I’m sure that all of you who are parents will understand.” - William could have said those exact words.

I much prefer this method over the 'child actor' model used by some other royals. I think the best preparation for G&C is to have as normal a childhood as possible. The Queen seems to think so as well.

I prefer William and Catherine's approach as well. It gives the children a chance to have a childhood as stress-free as possible, but allows the public to see released photos, and limited appearances. I'm also glad to see that they appear to have support from Her Majesty in regards to this issue. It's extremely important to be on the same page when it comes to children.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think using the term "child actor" is going to far. The royals I think your talking about seem to me to be excellent parents with very happy settled children. Will and Kate choose to do it another way doesn't make others wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Introducing their child/ren to the press and public engagements from an early age and thus making them comfortable with their future roles is hardly a "child actor model". It clearly works for them as all the royal child/ren I can imagine you are referring to are happy, well-rounded and greet photographers and the public with a smile.

I have no doubt that William and Catherine too think their way works for them and that's really what matters, isn't it? No one is more fit to judge how William and Catherine's children cope best with the press than William and Catherine themselves – that goes for all royal parents. I trust that all of them use the model that suits their children the best.

Katie Nicholl is reporting that Prince George and Princess Charlotte are off to Scotland, in September, to see the Queen.

A Royalista article about the lethal botanic threat to the lives of George & Charlotte, with the culprit being shown: Poisonous tree at Anmer Hall considered a danger to Prince George | Royalista
Few people realize how cunning trees are. :ermm: You go about minding your own business and all of a sudden a tree has sneaked up on you. :eek:
It turns out that not only are the leaved hoodlums targeting the children, but also the family pet...
- I learn elsewhere the trees are a branch of a gang.

Last edited:
A Royalista article about the lethal botanic threat to the lives of George & Charlotte, with the culprit being shown: Poisonous tree at Anmer Hall considered a danger to Prince George | Royalista
Few people realize how cunning trees are. :ermm: You go about minding your own business and all of a sudden a tree has sneaked up on you. :eek:
It turns out that not only are the leaved hoodlums targeting the children, but also the family pet...
What not even Lupo is safe? That is enough to give me nightmares. Lets hope there are no Yew trees in the vacinity.

What not even Lupo is safe? That is enough to give me nightmares. Lets hope there are no Yew trees in the vacinity.

COMPLETELY off topic (sorry mods) but my university training prepared me to be be able to comment on this. Yew berry SEEDS are toxic, but the soft, red outer coating is quite sweet and delicious. So, as long as you pop a yew berry and suck off the soft bits and spit out the seed, you are safe. And happy becasue the taste is a treat. It's a bit like spitting out watermelon seeds. :p

This is indeed shocking. :eek:
I've read about the danger of yew trees in a leaflet. And I think it's about time someone starts an investigation to get to the root of this problem.

I've read about the danger of yew trees in a leaflet. And I think it's about time someone starts an investigation to get to the root of this problem.

It puts William Tell and Robin Hood with their yew bows in a completely different light, doesn't it? :lol:

That evil Laburnum doesn't look to be so large that removing it would be much of a challenge, if removal were deemed necessary. It's possible it's one of the cultivars that doesn't produce many seeds and maybe the threat can be easily controlled by nipping off such seeds as do form. Or perhaps the children could just be kept away from the tree while they are too young as to be trusted to heed a warning about the danger it pose to them.

The planning documents submitted and approved are quite clear that the laburnum is on the chopping block. That whole copse of trees will be removed as they are exactly where the new court will be located.

Basically, this is nothing more than a silly season article. The Express reporter read the documents, realized that the laburnum was poisonous, and turned it into copy for the august royal dry spell. And, of course, it worked -- it got people talking, and turned into page views for the paper.

With that said, I thought I remembered it being that more yellow one down at the south east corner of the garden (in the left, directly to the left of the circled tree). However, the documents don't seem to be searchable on the council website anymore.

Ha! If Kate has stomach ache and touches her tummy the bookies are taking bets baby names and chances of twins. Nothing is to trivial for a story!

Princess Charlotte can now go adorably mad for plaid.

A Canadian bagpipe band gifted the nearly 4-month-old royal with a tartan design during a a visit to see her great-grandmother Queen Elizabeth, 89, last week.

The pinafore dress was designed by one of the Sons of Scotland Pipe Band, who made their third performance at Balmoral Castle, where the Queen and her family spend every summer.

Band member Bethany Bisaillion told Canada AM that the dress is in "Maple Leaf" tartan, matching the Scottish theme. "We hope that she gets it in time that she doesn’t grow out of it!" she said.
Read more: Princess Charlotte Scores a Sweet Plaid Pinafore with Maple Leaf Motif : People.com

Thank you Muhler you have struck at the root and branch of the whole situation:ROFLMAO:

Thank you Muhler you have struck at the root and branch of the whole situation:ROFLMAO:

Yeps! That's the ticket. Speak softly and carry a big stick. :D

:lol::lol::lol:

From CNN Money

Talk about sibling rivalry! Prince George will be king one day, but his baby sister is where the money is.

The youngest member of the royal family, four-month old Princess Charlotte, will be worth nearly $5 billion to the British economy, according to Brand Finance. Her brother? A mere $3.6 billion.

True, the princess is still trailing her mother Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, whose contribution is estimated at $7.2 billion. But given Charlotte has only appeared in public twice -- the day she was born, and during her christening -- the value she's already generating for British business is impressive.
Read more: Princess Charlotte: Four months old, worth $5 billion - Sep. 4, 2015

Well, soon the children will be kept behind closed doors. It's horrible that they can't go out, and enjoy some fun activities without the paps trailing behind. I don't care how many official pictures are released, because these vultures just won't stop the hounding. I won't blame William, and Catherine choosing to organize playgroups, and have things like petting zoos come to them in Amner Hall to keep the paps away.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom