The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 09:49 PM
Royal Highness

I'm sure that Charlotte is still mostly with mum, since she's still a very small baby, but when she gets older will Maria be her nanny as well, or will they get another nanny to help out?

Old 07-20-2015, 10:19 PM
Serene Highness

I am sure Maria will nanny them both.Are we certain Maria does not have an assistant? Even if Kate is very hands on a toddler and an infant are more than a handful.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:41 PM
Heir Apparent

There's women all over the world that handle 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and more children without a nanny. Kate can handle them just fine.

LaRae
Old 07-20-2015, 10:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
I am sure Maria will nanny them both.Are we certain Maria does not have an assistant? Even if Kate is very hands on a toddler and an infant are more than a handful.
I don't think she does. If she only has had one nanny at the time with george (which equals the amount of time of daycare and not round the clock as people seem to think) I don't think she will get another one. To have around the clock nannies they would need to have like 3. :P
Old 07-20-2015, 10:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
There's women all over the world that handle 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and more children without a nanny. Kate can handle them just fine.

LaRae

But that obviously is not pertinent to Kate as she employs a full time live in nanny.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Charlotte is going to sleep most of the day so Nanny Maria can watch George and baby monitor Charlotte if W&K are both out like on Sunday when the go to Portsmouth.

Both KP and Amner have housekeeper who could be used to watch George if Nanny Maria has to tend to Charlotte and George would be in way.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-20-2015, 11:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
But that obviously is not pertinent to Kate as she employs a full time live in nanny.
A full time live in nanny as you put it still must have right. I'm PRETTY sure she doesn't work 24/7. So I dont think she actually has as much help as people are trying to make it.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

It's not like the nanny has them from sunup to sundown and then all night and the kids are only brought to the parents for a 30 min a day for a viewing.

If Kate and William are traveling for engagements then yes I'd say the nanny has them 24/7 but otherwise I think it's pretty obvious Kate is a hands on mom.

LaRae
Old 07-21-2015, 03:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
It's not like the nanny has them from sunup to sundown and then all night and the kids are only brought to the parents for a 30 min a day for a viewing.

If Kate and William are traveling for engagements then yes I'd say the nanny has them 24/7 but otherwise I think it's pretty obvious Kate is a hands on mom.

LaRae
Agree. And as I said, she can't legally be on all the time. She has vacations, workdays and offdays (one reason for the 3 kitchen kate is because one of the kitchens is IN the nannys quartera, meaning so she has an apartment of her own so she can be really off on her off duty) and "weekends". I mean, how many hours do people think she works?!
Old 07-21-2015, 06:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince George will celebrate his second birthday tomorrow.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's son is a typical toddler with a boisterous nature, inquisitive mind and limitless energy.

He is growing up into a confident little boy who has taken his moments in the limelight in his stride.

It is thought the Cambridges will celebrate George's birthday privately at Anmer Hall, their Norfolk home, as William is still settling into his new job as an East Anglian Air Ambulance helicopter pilot.
Read more: Preparations to begin for ​Prince George's second birthday tomorrow | Western Daily Press
Old 07-21-2015, 07:39 AM

Princess Charlotte has a star named after her.

There's a website where you can give a star a name and add a message. One of the stars there in the constellation Taurus now has a star named after Princess Charlotte: SeeMyStar Home

If you point the cursor to the star which is flashing red, Princess Charlotte's name appears; and if you click on the star, the message appears.

What do people think? Is this a nice idea or a silly idea? I know some people, like certain astronomers, think that allowing anyone to give a star a name on a website is ridiculous, but I quite like it...
Old 07-21-2015, 08:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Welcome to the forums Wild Rose. No I don't think it's silly - it's certainly an unusual present and different from the silver rattles/ charms etc. that many new babies get. Do you know how it came about - was it an anonymous gift?
Old 07-21-2015, 08:34 AM

Thanks Elly. I think it's an anonymous gift: there's no signature on the message.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:23 AM
Serene Highness

A Mario Testino photo for George's 2nd birthday (obviously taken at Charlotte's christening)

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...80900282675201

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 07-21-2015, 10:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

@KensingtonRoyal: Look who's turning two tomorrow! #HappyBirthdayPrinceGeorge http://t.co/M0vVDjfHpy
Old 07-21-2015, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Happy birthday for tomorrow, Prince George. The photo shows he's a cutie!
Old 07-21-2015, 10:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Oooh, such a good photo! Who's his daddy, indeed!
Old 07-21-2015, 10:52 AM
Majesty

That picture is too funny. George certainly knows how to work the camera.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Was a picture released for George's first birthday? Is this likely to be the only photo we'll get or might there be a further one tomorrow?
Old 07-21-2015, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

The butterfly pictures were George's first birthday pictures. One of just George walking and 2 with William and Kate.

I don't think we will get anymore pictures tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge, kate middleton, prince william, princess charlotte