The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 03:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Very well said. Just because the other royal children aren't faced with the same level of fame George and Charlotte are, it doesn't make them inferior to them somehow.

Might I suggest you re read my post, such as it is, because I never said or meant that and would never call any child "inferior". That anyone would think that of me I find insulting and disgusting.

I was trying to explain why a separate thread is needed IMHO for those pictures of the Cambridge Children that are taken w/out their knowledge. It never fails. It's beyond well known there are those who want to see them and those, myself included, who do not. Why it is so hard for some to post a link and only a link when those types of pictures are first posted somewhere I just do not understand. However, it still happens, and then the thread gets nasty again, which w/certain people I think actually is the reason they post those photos. Anyway...

Every time I have suggested a separate thread for those pictures, I get told there isn't one for any other Royal Children, so why for George and Charlotte answer. As I said, to compare the level of interest in the Cambridge Children to that of any of the other Royal Children out there is indeed laughable, because there just is no comparison. I certainly do not remember hearing or seeing any stories of say...Princess Estelle's security possibly being compromised due to a Paparazzi Critter Creature having somehow obtained a copy of her Daily Schedule and was following her and Nanny everywhere like it did w/George and Maria sometime last year. But hey...Those who saw the pictures this cretin took and sold to whatever magazine got such "charming informal pictures", so I guess that's okay then...

Well, it is *not* okay and no child deserves to be stalked in any way, shape or form. Which these pictures are the end result of and, sadly in this day and age, produces Spin Off Effects. The location of these pictures do get mentioned after all and all it takes are pictures and stories of the place being a favourite and...Do you really think most of those so called "I was so lucky to see today at the Petting Zoo..." so called by chance pics of George on Twitter or Facebook are? I'm sure some are, but for the most part I do indeed wonder if it was or was not "by chance".

I hate and despise the fact George and now Charlotte are targeted because it's either "We have the Right to know how our Royal children are doing..." or how some claim that's the price of fame and who they are, so what's the problem? Seems the price their late Grandmother ended up paying has been forgotten.

I know these pictures will be taken, *but* since the simple requests of not just me, but others who feel the same, to please only posts links to these pictures are ignored and our choice taken out of our hands by those who do post them, I honestly do not understand why there can't be a thread just for them and only them. That way, everyone gets what they want.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 07-18-2015, 03:12 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

How Prince George is taking after Prince William | Daily Mail Online

Old 07-18-2015, 08:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, certainly George is a very mild little boy compared to his daddy's tantrums!
Old 07-18-2015, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope, for her sake, that Charlotte grows up to be pretty; otherwise, the press will tear her apart! Comments will range from critical to downright cruel.

(They probably will anyway, to some extent, but I think her life will be easier if she is attractive).
Old 07-18-2015, 09:30 AM
Serene Highness

I hope she is more than a pretty face in stylish clothes even still.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:01 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
That article has got to have created millions of "remember whens" for any parent that's read it. Little ones are always good even though at times they're up to no good and good for patience testing. This is where the grandparents can step in and assure the grandchild that they remember Daddy getting into hot water too.

There is no doubt that the "terrible twos" are aptly named.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-18-2015, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Photos and GIFs of Prince George : People.com
Old 07-18-2015, 02:26 PM
Majesty

I think when William was growing up, there was more told to the press. Now, with George, and Charlotte, I get the impression that a lot less is known about their lives at home (which is how it should be). We get the general gist that George has a lot of energy, and can be a handful, but we're not given the actual accounts of specific incidents, like we were with his father. Therefore, it may seem like he's mild compared to William, when in reality, he may be just like his father was, or worse. I'm glad we're not given that information. It should be left private. It's pretty obvious from pictures and videos that George has a big personality. As to William's antics, I found them extremely funny, probably because I wasn't on the receiving end, and because I wasn't the one who had to mind him. Yes, some of the antics, like grabbing a teacher's backside were a bit much, but otherwise, he was doing what boys, and children in general do; test boundaries. At the end of the day, he turned out fine, and I have no doubt that his children will as well. Mischief is part of childhood.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I hope, for her sake, that Charlotte grows up to be pretty; otherwise, the press will tear her apart! Comments will range from critical to downright cruel.

(They probably will anyway, to some extent, but I think her life will be easier if she is attractive).

That goes for any and all Royals and public people. People automatically assume that an attractive exterior equals goodness on the inside. Beautiful and stylish people will always be given a pass by press and public whether they warrant it or not.

It's unfortunate, but that will never change.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Precious moments from Prince George's life as he turns two
Old 07-20-2015, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent

New pics of George with nanny Maria have emerged: hamlet's question here: to be posted or not to ? (joking)
Old 07-20-2015, 06:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
New pics of George with nanny Maria have emerged: hamlet's question here: to be posted or not to ? (joking)
Why not just give the name of the site, so that those who are interested can google it, and see the pictures? Or, you can always post a link, so that those who want to see can, and those who don't want to see can scroll by.

Old 07-20-2015, 06:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Why not just give the name of the site, so that those who are interested can google it, and see the pictures? Or, you can always post a link, so that those who want to see can, and those who don't want to see can scroll by.

The pictures look more innocent-bystander snapped than paparazzi also, if that helps people to choose if they wanna see them.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Picture of George with his nanny (do not click if you dont want to see a paparazzi photo of George : ) )
love his shoes
http://40.media.tumblr.com/9973e50a6...0igo1_1280.jpg
Old 07-20-2015, 06:40 PM
Majesty

I love his whole outfit! Those Converse are just precious. And Nanny Maria is sporting some nice ballet flats herself. He is a very handsome little guy.

Old 07-20-2015, 06:50 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
He sure is a right royal cutie pie! It almost makes me want to have another little one around the house. Oh wait, I have grandkids and great grandkids. Nevermind.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-20-2015, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post

Yes, I wanted to post a link, but my question was a bit sarcastic because I know every time a pic of George appears there is going to be an uproar of "I don't want to see them etc": I think people who don't want to see the pics should just not click on links and be done with the issue
Old 07-20-2015, 07:09 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
The pictures look more innocent-bystander snapped than paparazzi also, if that helps people to choose if they wanna see them.
No innocent bystander imo. the orginal portugeuese site that these come from credit the grosby group. a well known pap site.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:13 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you for that photo great way to start the day 💐

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-20-2015, 08:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernDayJackieO View Post
No innocent bystander imo. the orginal portugeuese site that these come from credit the grosby group. a well known pap site.
Ok, I just said what I thought it looked like.

Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge, kate middleton, prince william, princess charlotte