The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 11:24 PM
Heir Apparent

It wasn't Shakespeare propaganda, the rumours that Richard III had his nephews killed predate Shakespeare by a lot - it's more likely Tudor propaganda. Propaganda aside, Richard is one of a few of the likely suspects.

That said, Harry wouldn't be pulling a "Edward V" were he to displace his nephew and niece - Edward V didn't displace anyone. More properly it would be pulling a Richard III (not that Richard was the first English monarch to displace his child nephew).

Old 06-20-2015, 11:39 PM
Administrator

If anyone is interested in discussing the Princes in the Tower or would like to learn a little more about their disappearance, you can do so here Edward V (1470-1483?) and Prince Richard (1473-1483?): the Princes in the Tower .

Old 06-22-2015, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Highgrove House, Prince Charles' country estate is now home to two new special additions thanks to the help of the Prince's grandson, Prince George.

The youngster helped his green-fingered granddad plant two new trees in the grounds of the heir to the throne's country retreat.

This week's HELLO! magazine – issue 1385 – has exclusive details of the plantings done by the duo at the Gloucestershire property, which Charles bought in 1980.

Charles enjoys spending his time keeping up appearances of the Highgrove gardens which are visited each year by more than 30,000 people. HELLO! spoke to one visitor who described the Prince of Wales as "obviously very proud of Prince George".
More: Prince George plants trees with grandfather Prince Charles - hellomagazine.com
Old 06-22-2015, 02:48 PM
Majesty

What a lovely bonding activity! I think Charles is overjoyed to pass his love for nature to his grandson.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:51 PM
Majesty

How lovely. In time, George will probably live in the house, and can make plantings with his descendants.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:12 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Something like planting a tree with Grandpa are the kind of days that create memories of a lifetime. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if those two trees are the George tree and the Charlotte tree and grow graciously on the Highgrove estate along with the trees from mommy and daddy's wedding. I would even bet my last pretzel that George will want to see his trees when he visits Grandma and Grandpa and see how big they've grown and "take care" of them.

A beautiful and blessed way to pass on a love for nature through the generations.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-22-2015, 05:27 PM
Aristocracy

And people were concerned that the POW wasn't spending time with his grandson & heir.

Each family has its own dynamics and with the very busy life of the POW, visits probably have to be scheduled/arranged rather than the kids dropping in after lunch for a visit.

It doesn't mean anyone is less loved. It is just the way this family operates.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:13 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

That's an adorable story about Charles and George planting trees. I wonder if George (and perhaps Charlotte) will share Charles's fondness for nature in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee27 View Post
And people were concerned that the POW wasn't spending time with his grandson & heir.

Each family has its own dynamics and with the very busy life of the POW, visits probably have to be scheduled/arranged rather than the kids dropping in after lunch for a visit.

It doesn't mean anyone is less loved. It is just the way this family operates.
I was just about to post the same thing. I think Charles loves his grandchildren as there have been a few other photos of him with George (the photo of him with George that was seen on his desk a while ago and the more recent one of him playing with George that was posted on Twitter) where they seem to be having a normal grandparent/grandchild relationship. And Charles also seemed to be interested in George at Trooping the Colour this year. Some people just show love differently to others. Just because we don't see Charles publicly hugging his grandson doesn't mean that he doesn't love him.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-24-2015, 11:25 PM
Gentry

Hmmmmm, It seems that seeing more of Prince George isn't really helping to curb the pap interest. Maybe it will take a while to work? lol How long has it been since the released pics, trooping, and Polo?

Quote:
Exclusive: Prince George Spends a Sweet Day With His Grandma Carole Middleton!!! Prince George at Berkshire Petting Zoo With Carole Middleton | POPSUGAR Celebrity
Old 06-25-2015, 12:07 AM
Gentry

or seeing more of him has made things worse!!!

Dont get me wrong, I loved the official pics & outings that George had recently & cant wait the July 5 for more.
Its just that I have never believed that more official pics would solve the paparazzi problem. If you look at the Trooping and polo pics, you will see that the media loved the polo pics more & they loved the window pics vs balcony at Trooping.
I have always said that the appeal of the pap pics is that the person is going about their lives and are not aware of being photographed. Its how they behave when not on official duties. So the official pics, which the media always complain are staged, dont show the spontainity of the pap pics.

I have always felt that official pics will not make a difference with George.In fact the recent pics have shown just how popular he is and may result in an increase in pap pics since clearly there is a huge market for George pics. Even with the UK media not buying, the rest of the world especially the US & Aus are more than willing to publish. Thats what makes the situation different from other Euro royals, the international interest is low. Thus easier to curb pap pics with official ones. That, IMO, will never work with George.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:15 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighnessN View Post
or seeing more of him has made things worse!!!

Dont get me wrong, I loved the official pics & outings that George had recently & cant wait the July 5 for more.
Its just that I have never believed that more official pics would solve the paparazzi problem. If you look at the Trooping and polo pics, you will see that the media loved the polo pics more & they loved the window pics vs balcony at Trooping.
I have always said that the appeal of the pap pics is that the person is going about their lives and are not aware of being photographed. Its how they behave when not on official duties. So the official pics, which the media always complain are staged, dont show the spontainity of the pap pics.

I have always felt that official pics will not make a difference with George.In fact the recent pics have shown just how popular he is and may result in an increase in pap pics since clearly there is a huge market for George pics. Even with the UK media not buying, the rest of the world especially the US & Aus are more than willing to publish. Thats what makes the situation different from other Euro royals, the international interest is low. Thus easier to curb pap pics with official ones. That, IMO, will never work with George.
Oh i agree with you 100% that last bit about it taking more time was my go at sarcasm. It didn't translate well.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:57 AM
Serene Highness

Indeed, the generosity shown by the Cambridges at polo and Trooping seems to have increased the media appetite. You give an inch, and they'll take a foot. Disgusting.

It was obvious to any paparazzi with a brain that the Cambridges would be dropping by Bucklebury. Michael Middleton's birthday was the 23rd and over the weekend the couple celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary. They were sitting ducks.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:07 AM
Royal Highness

George nor Carole seem aware of the photographer.

There were in a public space and the photographer was not in their faces but took the photographs from a distance.

I do not call these photographs paparazzi photos as the photographer was not harassing them, nor in their faces nor stalking them on private property.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:16 AM
Gentry

Old 06-25-2015, 01:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
George nor Carole seem aware of the photographer.

There were in a public space and the photographer was not in their faces but took the photographs from a distance.

I do not call these photographs paparazzi photos as the photographer was not harassing them, nor in their faces nor stalking them on private property.
Considering the amount of pictures they are most likely still paparazzi photos. Also, because the amount of pictures we can assume t's a "proffessional" photographer that most likely guessed that they would be in Bucklebury because of the celebratory nature of those days. So it probably was people looking for them for the purpose of taking pictures. And if that is the case (not counting official engagements, then it's normal to go there to take pictures) it is still paparazzi (and if they weren't famous would be the start to stalking....) It's a difference when there are like 2 blurry pictures on twitter, then it's just a happy onlooker taking the opportunity, but when they go seek them out like this it is definetly still paparazzi, only that they are not borderline illegaly harassing them.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:53 AM
Royal Highness

I see these as no different than the pictures taken at the polo field.

Public space and not in their faces.

The photographer was lucky to guess where George would be and snapped some photos.

There was no guarantee that George would visit the farm.
If the photographer knew it was the Middleton anniversary and Mike's birthday then he was one up on his competition but it was not a case of stalking.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

The photographer was lucky to guess where George would be and snapped some photos.

If the photographer knew it was the Middleton anniversary and Mike's birthday then he was one up on his competition but it was not a case of stalking.

You have got to be kidding me. Allow me to attempt to explain...

The Polo, they knew there would be photographers there and as soon as George was seen, what the story would be. Did they whisk him away? No, instead George was allowed to play w/his Cousins and act like any other little boy who is around a hill all while in full view of the Press Pool.

Going to the Zoo is a private Family Event and out of bounds to those of a respectable Press. As has been said, anyone who follows the Cambridges as a stalker Paparazzi does, will have known they'd be in Bucklebury for the Family Celebrations and in turn make sure someone was covering that Petting Zoo.

Very big difference between the two.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-25-2015, 02:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think the pictures are fine. George and Carole are not being harassed and they're in a public space. We're going to get pictures like that no matter what. If they're on private property, then that's the time to worry.

I just prefer to not post the pictures, but Carole and George weren't bothered a bit.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-25-2015, 02:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

The difference is that the polo match was a charity event where the family members in attendance knew that they would be photographed by the official photographers for the event before they chose to attend it, while these pictures were taken by an independent photographer unaffiliated with any event or media outlet who chose to follow them on the grounds that George is someone famous.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

It's actually good to see George spending time with his grandmother. Very nice pictures.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge, kate middleton, prince william, princess charlotte