The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

There are young cousins near Louise and James's age just not first cousins. Viscount Linley's daughter and the two daughters of Lady Helen Taylor are near Louise's age.

George and Charlotte could have they same situation since none their parents siblings are married and probably not having kids soon so the relatives in the near age group are Mia, Isla and Savannah all second cousins.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 06-16-2015, 01:58 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Once the kids hit school age, they start making their own circles of friends so I don't think its all that big of a deal to have relatives close in age to play with. Of course it can and does make family occasions far more enjoyable.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-17-2015, 12:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Nobody is denying that William and Kate know Zara and the Phillips, though I don't know how often they get together really. However, if their son knew them he would show it more than he did.

No, heaven forbid. The royals NEVER use PR to get a point across. The thought would never cross their minds!

And certain people will see only they want to see and then twist it to suit their own biases and agenda. Sad.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-17-2015, 01:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I made the remark about Leonore wearing her ancestors dress in response to a previous poster who spoke about George's balcony outfit and said that the Swedes do it all the time, not because of anything to do with Carl Gustav.

In none of my posts have I said anything nasty about the Cambridges or George or Kate in particular. I originally posted because it seemed to me when viewing the photos on the balcony and the ones at the polo that George was not interacting with other children and didn't seem to know who the other adults like Zara and Autumn were.

I also remarked that George did not seem to be reacting to other adults on the balcony except his mother and father and it was the same at the polo. I also posted that there were no photos of Charles embracing his grandson in a grandfatherly way.

I still do not believe that George sees that much of his grandfather or has seen the Phillips and Tindalls more than a couple of times. I do think that the royals employ PR tactics at times to get a point across.

Apparently I am not allowed to hold these views, which in some eyes are akin to attacking Kate, William, George and the entire royal family in some terrible way. I'm no longer going to post any more on this because of course you are all in the right and I am entirely in the wrong.

I remember speaking to a journalist friend before Diana and Charles's marriage broke down and he told me that no stories were to be printed in the paper he worked for which even hinted at any cracks in the union at all because people wanted so much to believe in the fairy tale.

God forbid now, a generation later, that anyone ever suggests that the Windsors suffer from family stresses and strains, or that many of them hardly ever see each other from month to month or that some stories about them are simply PR, or that George doesn't have dozens of family visits from relatives each week, because of course they would all be dreadful lies wouldnt they?

Nice, turn yourself into a victim because people have 1. disagreed with you and 2. provided plenty of evidence to contradict your statements.

By the way, if you think that it isn't hurtful or mean-spirited to talk about how a kid, in your opinion, doesn't get enough love or attention from his grandfather and uncle, to imply that a kid is so sheltered that he doesn't interact with other family members around him, or to suggest that a family (high-profile though it might be) is staging family activities as PR stunts, all the while having no evidence to back up that assertion, then I don't know what to tell you.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Anyone want to psycho analyze the pix of George and Charlotte?

Inside George's head -"Lupo, I swear it just this one time. Mummy is making me. You're still my go to picture buddy. Us bros have to stick together but she promise me biscuits if I posed with little miss diaper here. You know I'm a sucker for biscuits. Where are you going Lupo. No not giant wombat...." 😜

Old 06-17-2015, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

It is time to move the discussion on from speculating and attempting to psychoanalyse the relationship between members of the Royal Family. Apart from anything else, there are no grounds for doing so.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 26m26 minutes ago
Gifts from Michelle Obama: a @Berlin_Flyer wagon for Prince George & a blanket & Amish rocking chair for Charlotte
Michelle Obama Brings Gifts for Prince George and Baby Charlotte

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-17-2015, 01:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
First lady Michelle Obama came bearing gifts during her recent trip to London.

The U.S. embassy in London has confirmed that America’s First Lady gifted Britain’s royal family with American-made items for two of the family’s youngest members, Prince George and Princess Charlotte.
More: First Lady Michelle Obama Brings Gifts for Prince George, Princess Charlotte - ABC News
Old 06-20-2015, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate & Pippa Style ‏@livelovelaughvr
New photo of #PrinceGeorge taken June 12th, he was seeing #PrinceHarry off to work.

https://twitter.com/livelovelaughvr/...28795341762560
Old 06-20-2015, 04:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I thought some posters on this site claimed that releasing George photos would curb the demand for stalkerazzi photos. Oh dear, their logical fallacy has been exposed, again.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Lupo was also there too. When does the Harry uses the Royal Helicopter outrage article come out since we had one for William last week? 😉

Old 06-20-2015, 05:51 PM
Courtier

That was a Richard Palmer article. He always directs his ire at the Cambridges even if there's a blatant double standard.

It reminds me of April 2013 when Catherine was bashed for taking a helicopter to an engagement. Harry took a helicopter the same day(a shorter distance for him), and he received no negative response.

Even Victoria Arbiter found the hypocrisy upsetting. Here were a couple of her tweets.

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 25 Apr 2013
I do find it interesting that Kate arrives by helicopter + everyone goes nuts but Harry does the same + no one bats an eyelid.

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 25 Apr 2013
Harry spared because he's a blood royal or because he's a guy? Men are often less harshly judged. What do you think? #helicopter
Old 06-20-2015, 08:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I'll give my two cents on this conversation/psychoanalysis.

I do think it's interesting that in 2 years we've never seen Harry engage with George. We've seen Charles, Zara, Peter and Autumn all interact with him, even if it's been slightly one-sided on their part. Maybe Harry doesn't like being displaced as the baby of the Wales branch...r.
Or maybe since Harry lives in Nott Cott @ KP and George is often at nearby 1A also in KP Harry sees quite a bit of his only nephew.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I've read the William and Harry used to enjoy watching their dad come and go in helicopters - looks like George is following suit. Anyone w/ me in predicting George will grow up to be a helicopter pilot like his dad and uncle?
Old 06-20-2015, 09:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Or maybe since Harry lives in Nott Cott @ KP and George is often at nearby 1A also in KP Harry sees quite a bit of his only nephew.
I was being glib with that post. It was my way of gently poking fun at those putting a Freudian analysis on the polo photos. I often question how close Harry and William really are, but I don't think Harry harbors ill will towards his niece and nephew. If he ever pulls an Edward V on George, I'll eat all my shoes.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I was being glib with that post. It was my way of gently poking fun at those putting a Freudian analysis on the polo photos. I often question how close Harry and William really are, but I don't think Harry harbors ill will towards his niece and nephew. If he ever pulls an Edward V on George, I'll eat all my shoes.

Off topic, but what did Edward V do to his brother?
Old 06-20-2015, 10:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Edward V was one of the princes in the tower that disappeared. He didn't do anything to his brother but his uncle Richard III is the prime suspect in the Royal brothers death.

Old 06-20-2015, 10:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Then I'm with Ish on this one: how might he 'pull an Edward V'. I don't get it. I'm being dense, I know.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:56 PM
Courtier

It's believed Richard III killed his nephews - Edward V and Richard, The Duke of York; so he could rule without better claimants. I suppose Charlotte is The Duke of York in this scenario.

Of course, this all could have been Shakespearean propaganda run amok. We'll never know.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I see. Got it.
Old 06-20-2015, 11:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I've seen other theories discussed with some merit. Buckingham killed them or the Tudor's themselves killing the boys.

LaRae

Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge, kate middleton, prince william, princess charlotte