Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News 2: May 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its put a bee in a lot of people's bonnets here how some of the media presents their coverage of certain royals. There are a lot of people that do follow and want to know what Kate wore and who designed it and whatever. Check out just how many fashion threads we have here on TRF even. Its not a bad thing but as you stated Thumbahlina, it can and does detract from her actual purpose sometimes.

Anmer Hall right now is a perfect place for the Cambridges to raise their family. Its close to where William is now working and affords relative privacy as it is part of the Queen's Sandrinham estate so Great Granddad just had to go a hop, skip and a jump over to the birthday party. Lady Braborne has always been a very close companion to Philip. She is married (or was married) to Norton Braborne who is a cousin to Philip. They both enjoy carriage driving together among other things.

The young Cambridge children most certainly are growing up in a very loving, stable, and caring family environment. Very, very down to earth with the world at their feet to explore in during their lifetime. I almost want to think that being royal will be a secondary perk for them rather than being royal will be the prime focus of their lives. They will grow to fit into their world around them and through that, as prominent royals on the world stage in years to come, really know how to serve the people well. They've got wonderful examples as role models I think.

ETA: Correction. Norton Knatchbull is 8th Baron Brabourne

Last edited:
Penny's husband (they're estranged- he went off to Caribbean with another woman for several years and came back to the UK to live in the guest house) is one of William's godparents so she is someone the Cambridges would know.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Penny's husband (they're estranged- he went off to Caribbean with another woman for several years and came back to the UK to live in the guest house) is one of William's godparents so she is someone the Cambridges would know.

I remember when Norton Knatchbull took off to the Caribbean. I just couldn't remember rightly the state of the marriage if they divorced or not. He is also the grandson of Lord Louis Mountbatten who we all know Prince Charles was very close to. Married to Norton, Penny is part of the Cambridges' family on Great Granddad's side.

I think its put a bee in a lot of people's bonnets here how some of the media presents their coverage of certain royals. There are a lot of people that do follow and want to know what Kate wore and who designed it and whatever. Check out just how many fashion threads we have here on TRF even. Its not a bad thing but as you stated Thumbahlina, it can and does detract from her actual purpose sometimes.

Anmer Hall right now is a perfect place for the Cambridges to raise their family. Its close to where William is now working and affords relative privacy as it is part of the Queen's Sandrinham estate so Great Granddad just had to go a hop, skip and a jump over to the birthday party. Lady Braborne has always been a very close companion to Philip. She is married (or was married) to Norton Braborne who is a cousin to Philip. They both enjoy carriage driving together among other things.

The young Cambridge children most certainly are growing up in a very loving, stable, and caring family environment. Very, very down to earth with the world at their feet to explore in during their lifetime. I almost want to think that being royal will be a secondary perk for them rather than being royal will be the prime focus of their lives. They will grow to fit into their world around them and through that, as prominent royals on the world stage in years to come, really know how to serve the people well. They've got wonderful examples as role models I think.

ETA: Correction. Norton Knatchbull is 8th Baron Brabourne
IMHO the senior royals must understand William and Kate's desire for their young children to spend their earliest years with relative privacy. At Amner Hall they'll enjoy the opportunity to be out of the prying eyes of the paps in a secure environment.

As for the media coverage of the Cambridges and Harry, the press knows what sells and will tailor their coverage to move papers/magazines etc... They'd likely prefer to have more on the charity and less on their sartorial choices, but I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Last edited:
Females always trump males in royal families though as far as image is concerned, don't they? I've never seen the media focus on Willem-Alexander's suits in preference to Maxima's coats and turbans, for example!

So it's really not surprising, I suppose, that Charlotte is already out-selling George in terms of merchandise. Just wait until she begins to wear gorgeous little dresses for example! Her sartorial choices will be followed throughout her lifetime, probably.

The Queen's stock on e-bay etc is likely to soar even higher in coming months as there may well be commemorative china and other items manufactured for her coming anniversary in September as Britain's longest serving monarch.

What a character! This is too funny lol

Prince George tells people he’s three, instead of two, mum Kate has revealed.

The toddler, who celebrated his second birthday last Wednesday, “thinks he is older”, according to the Duchess of Cambridge.

Kate made the comments as two-year-old Freddie Wilson introduced himself to her as she and William visited Land Rover Ben Ainslie Racing’s headquarters in Portsmouth.
Read more: Prince George thinks he's older than he is and tells people he's three mum Kate reveals - Mirror Online

Last edited:
:previous: Well, he is IN his third year now.:D

Sounds pretty typical to me, a lot of little children like to add a year or two, but alas that changes after a certain period and then they start subtracting a year or two.:whistling:

:previous: Well, he is IN his third year now.:D

Sounds pretty typical to me, a lot of little children like to add a year or two, but alas that changes after a certain period and then they start subtracting a year or two.:whistling:

I've had preschoolers tell me they were four, when they were only close to turning three. It's amusing to listen as to why they think being a year older is so much better. Most say that when they're a year older, they don't have to nap, and go to bed early. Same reason many of them wanted to skip out, and go straight to kindergarten. I'd love to know if George has a reason, or if he just likes to do it, for fun, if you will.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

This is so sweet to hear. My children used to say at that age "three" as "tree". It brought back a lovely memory. I'm glad the Duchess shared the story!

My youngest nephew spent all last year answering the question "What's your name" with "I'm three...NO...TWO!" He has it straight now, who he is and his age. He is actually better with people's names than his older brother and can rhyme off quite a few family members birthdays. Two is a cute age but three is magical.

The memories of a little one at a very young age just starting to be able to form sentences and tell people stuff. Nothing like walking a toddler to the bathroom in a restaurant where as we pass each table he says "I'm going potty" and on the way back "I went potty". Quite a few smiles around the eatery that day. Very informative little guy he was and filled with wonder with everything in the world.

No wonder Kate is wearing such a smile these days. Watching your children grow and learn is one of the most rewarding experience a person can have and I imagine George has his own special ways to create those smiles.

The memories of a little one at a very young age just starting to be able to form sentences and tell people stuff. Nothing like walking a toddler to the bathroom in a restaurant where as we pass each table he says "I'm going potty" and on the way back "I went potty". Quite a few smiles around the eatery that day. Very informative little guy he was and filled with wonder with everything in the world.

No wonder Kate is wearing such a smile these days. Watching your children grow and learn is one of the most rewarding experience a person can have and I imagine George has his own special ways to create those smiles.

Haha, reminds me of the time when we were visiting Grandmother and went out to eat and he announced loudly on his way back to the table that they had a VERY NICE POTTY. That drew lots of smiles and chuckles. The owner came by our table later and thanked us for the "kind words". Said child in now 52 and I'm sure would not especially care to be reminded of his kind words. I love what small children will say in their honesty, it's quite a pleasure before they get all "cagey" as they grow older. :lol:

I've had preschoolers tell me they were four, when they were only close to turning three...I'd love to know if George has a reason, or if he just likes to do it, for fun, if you will. ...

Honestly, every toddler I've known lately has altered their age. Personally, I think it has to do with learning about time (time is just a construct, tee hee) and the ages of people. And I also think they are sorting out how that relates to height. Because for a toddler I always think there must be the people I look up at and the people that look down at me and time and birthdays and how that all fits together. Mommy and Daddy have obviously had more birthdays. Small people get toys; tall people do not.
I think it changes once they have a sib that's moving around - because then there are the big people and us little people and I think they know that they are "new" rather than old.
I actually have vague memories of this. :baby:

He's just 2 years old he wouldn't understand that he was saying he was older it's just a number to him.

A late and much missed friend of mine was a Palliative Paediatric Nurse who worked in the homes of the Kids she took care of, was headed home after what had been a really rough night w/the little guy she was w/at the time and decided to simply pop into McDonalds for a Big Mac Meal, so she could simply go straight to bed when she got home. There was a Family ahead of her w/a little guy who was just bouncing on the balls of his feet, he was so excited. They get up to the counter, the lady asked what they'd like and in a big booming voice, as only little ones possess, he proudly tells her...

"Mommy promised me I could have a Happy Meal if I went Potty all by myself, well I went Potty all by myself, so now I get my Happy Meal!!"

My friend said no one knew what to say or do, because he was so proud of himself and no one wanted to ruin that, then Bless the lady behind the counter. She started clapping and w/in a minute the entire McDonalds was applauding the lil guy. :D

This is such a special time when little ones are starting to try and figure things out on their own and are both utterly and completely charming *and* also causing such chaos and mayhem that you wonder what will end up falling first : the house or you!! :D. I'm sure this is only the start of what George is up to stories, but considering I remember his Daddy going through a phase of flushing things down the toilet that included a special hand made pair of slippers his Daddy was given in New Zealand and his Mommy's car keys, George has a lot of mischief to live up to. :D ;) :D

AND pressing the security panic button

Aww, that's an adorable anecdote. In terms of what children come out with, George's age is a really sweet age. My little cousin is a month older than George, and he is also starting to put sentences together - and what's funny is that he says them in the right context (I've noticed that when most children start to learn phrases, they often hear them from their parents and family and don't know what they mean, so say them randomly). We were at a family gathering a few months ago, and before we were about to have tea my aunt asked everyone whether we would prefer tea or coffee, and my little cousin suddenly said "coffee please?" When I said bye to him on FaceTime a few weeks ago, he said "see you soon" to me back. I thought those were the cutest things he's ever said.

I'm a bit late but I also like the new Testino photo for George's birthday, he looks adorable in it. I bet he's a really fun child to be around (but I can also imagine he can be quite naughty sometimes - he is heading into the Terrible Twos, after all :D).

Bonay Pierre

When my son was 2, his favorite and frequently watched movie was a story about Charlie Brown as an exchange student in France.*

One night as we started to eat dinner, our son said Bonay Pierre. When we asked what he meant, he said, that's what Charlie Brown says when he starts to eat- Bonay Pierre. He meant Bon Appetite.

*Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (and Don't Come Back)

Several posts have been removed for being either off-topic or responses to off-topic posts. As a reminder, this thread is about News concerning Prince George and Princess Charlotte. It clearly states at the top of this thread that "posts which are irrelevant or disruptive will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators".

AND pressing the security panic button

I have a feeling that came into the discussions concerning the work that needed done at both Cambridge Residences. Buttons of any kind are tempting things for a Toddler. :)

I wonder if one of the new additions to the Cambridge Bathtime Fleet has it's Maiden Voyage in the tub yet? The three sailors who made those wooden replicas of HMS Queen Elizabeth II and HMS Prince of Wales, the two new Aircraft Carriers about to come into Service in the next few years, for George and Charlotte did a stunning job on them!!

PRINCE Charles has turned part of his garden at Highgrove into a playground for his grandchildren with an £18,000 shepherd's hut and a rebuilt treehouse.
Read more: Prince George and Princess Charlotte get new royal treehouse from Charles | Royal | News | Daily Express

All children love to build a Wendy House in the back garden, and the lucky few might even get a wooden playhouse where they can cook pretend food and entertain young guests.

Prince George, however, has done rather better, after he was given an £18,000 cottage on wheels for him to play in when he visits Highgrove.

Visitors to the Prince of Wales’s Gloucestershire home can now glimpse the hand-built Shepherd’s Hut during guided tours of the 15-acre garden.

The Victorian-style outhouse, complete with wood-burning stove and day bed, was a first birthday gift from a Dorset-based company that began with the help of the Prince’s Trust.

It is sited on the edge of the Prince’s wildflower meadow, in the hope, no doubt, that Prince George will be inspired to inherit his grandfather’s passion for horticulture.
Read more: Prince George's birthday present revealed - and it's a whopper - Telegraph

Last edited:
Isn't there a rule against royals accepting gifts from companies?

Isn't there a rule against royals accepting gifts from companies?

I think there is some latitude on special occasions i.e. birthdays, weddings, coronations, etc. if in proportion and already an established relationship so as to not infer a quid pro quo.

In this case I think that the company is part of the Prince's Trust so he was already incredibly appreciative. Accepting the gift promoted the company which he had already 'endorsed' as part of his trust.

Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 1: May 2015

The wheeled hut is new. The treehouse was built when William and Harry were little. The manufacturer of the hut got a loan from the Prince's Trust to start his company but isn't part of the trust itself.

Maybe if the gift from Joe Smith, the person instead of Smith Company then that's okay as an example.

Last edited:
Doesn't it make a difference when it is a gift to a royal representing the Crown? Such as gifts exchanged at state banquets and given on royal tours? They become property of the Crown and are kept and cataloged for future reference?

I think the hut was a personal gift to Charles and in many ways, it could also be looked at as a "thank you" gift. I'm sure there are personal gifts that royals have received that they do hold on to and use but my understanding is that a lot of them (flowers etc) are donated to places where they'd be of good use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom