The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 01:41 PM
Aristocracy

The media is upset because the family did not allow a photo shoot so they could get their own photos.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Old 06-07-2015, 02:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've never been a fan of how they dress George. The only cute outfit I've seen him in is the overalls when he was at the play date. William had more adorable clothing at his age. I remember rhis cute onsies (is that how u spell it) in Australia, then his blue snow suit about a year later.
Anyway, I think the photos are great and they look very professional. When George is looking down at Charlotte he resembles baby Kate, but most of the time he looks like Michael with blonde hair.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 06-07-2015, 02:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

The British media just need to calm down. A select group of the media will get their own photos during the coverage of the Christening.

I don't understand the dislike of George's clothing. I found nothing wrong with his socks. I too wear high socks and I'm many many years older than George. It's better than ankle socks. That stuff just slips to the bottom of your feet.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-07-2015, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee27 View Post
The media is upset because the family did not allow a photo shoot so they could get their own photos.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
You've hit the nail on the head. This was never about not having enough pictures of George and Charlotte. Its about the media wanting to control the photos and have theirs to sell and make money off the backs of the royals.

The royals could release a photo a day and the press would still complain because although we'd get to see the children the papers can't make money off them and that's their only concern.

The next time a reporter complains about 'we never get to see George' remember what it is they're really saying. We want exclusive pics to make money for our business.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The British media just need to calm down. A select group of the media will get their own photos during the coverage of the Christening.

I don't understand the dislike of George's clothing. I found nothing wrong with his socks. I too wear high socks and I'm many many years older than George. It's better than ankle socks. That stuff just slips to the bottom of your feet.

Well, what did one expect? One cannot please everyone all the time. The socks seemed a little tight, but without a materials list no one knows if it was the cloth or tight socks. He looks like a real smart baby. Charlotte seems real attentive. Why the to do about the socks? He must not like shoes, lol. Might be a bonk on his shin, or something, he's a child, he plays, I assume he throws a ball and plays with a dog. I don't see a single hair out of place but I do see two happy babies. We know their parents adore them and one look and you see they are well cared for. As long as their clothed and the clothes fit, appropriate, most people are not going to care what play clothes they are in. Those are obviously play clothes. Look perfect for George to finger paint in. lol.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:01 PM
Nobility

And on that cream color sectional
Old 06-07-2015, 03:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I've never been a fan of how they dress George. The only cute outfit I've seen him in is the overalls when he was at the play date. William had more adorable clothing at his age. I remember rhis cute onsies (is that how u spell it) in Australia, then his blue snow suit about a year later.
Anyway, I think the photos are great and they look very professional. When George is looking down at Charlotte he resembles baby Kate, but most of the time he looks like Michael with blonde hair.

Children play, all the time. Getting the play to be educational is the goal. Once they start school it can drive a wedge into that home life revolvant around educational play and take over making it curriculum driven that is not as good as what they learn at home, leaving children wanting entertainment like video games at home not study even incorporating uniforms at school. So, play clothes go with the activity as they always have and George is young, so fashion is ridiculous unless it has a purpose. Overalls are great for play clothes, maybe to plant something or play in the dirt, or build something. Not one outfit suggests the parents are trying to express anything but play clothes. This is the parents time with their children it won't be but a few years before the schools interject their opinions, let them have their time. They are fortunate they haven't had to fend off in laws and general public, know what I mean? lol. I remeber being pregnant and random people would come up out of the blue and try to feel my belly and when my baby was a new born people would try and touch the baby's feet. It is a big world full of people, not all can mind their p's and q's. Dutchess Kate shouldn't have to fend the media off or explain play clothes. Everyone should just have common sense.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
Yes, the whole scene just screams "and now, time for some finger painting!" Which I hope is promptly followed by some spaghetti eating. Spaghetti sauce would just make the outfit.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post

lol! I remember getting rid of all furniture that could be jumped on when my child was real young like that, just so discipline wasn't an issue. No sense in getting all upset over frivolous stuff one can eventually replace. Anyway, anything white, beige, cream, yellow, tan, etc. is just going to stain, makes no sense to have, unless of course you have a professional cleaning staff to help out, which I am glad someone does. I like dark colors, gothic and some steampunk decor, some fairy garden, I am kind of gloomy, but having children makes one let go of pretty much all of that, so I can empathize with just having white furniture lol, like all fresh and new, clean canvas. Then being all fussy and particular about items and sentimental about things I like that I own, it's like well when you have children, you have what they like and what is best for them. As they age you can have your stuff as long as it isn't a bad influence on them. But, yeah, the white sofa, definitely, if you can keep it clean, a reminder of fresh, bright, new changes to come that will go with all the wax paper to be drawn on all over the walls. My child is way older, we are all gamers here, so we have gotten past the toss the furniture before someone jumps on it, cover the floor in play rugs and walls in wax paper, but still such a dear time.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:57 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Looking over the photos once again (as they're so cute!), I really get the feeling that George has bonded with his little sister. The expressions on his face seem to say "This is MY sister and I'm her big brother!". Gives me the feeling that as they grow older, George is going to be protective of her.

The outfits were pretty simple in my book with the blue piping and socks on George adding a splash of color to the photos. The main focus was on the kids, the lighting was near perfect and nothing to distract from the picture (such as photos on a table etc).

I like how the Cambridges took and released the photos themselves. This way, they retain their privacy and control what is seen and what is not seen and most importantly, it came from them to the public and no one had "exclusive" rights to the photos. That belongs to mommy and daddy.

Less than a week to the christening and more photos.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-07-2015, 04:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbahlina View Post
lol! I remember getting rid of all furniture that could be jumped on when my child was real young like that, just so discipline wasn't an issue. No sense in getting all upset over frivolous stuff one can eventually replace. Anyway, anything white, beige, cream, yellow, tan, etc. is just going to stain, makes no sense to have, unless of course you have a professional cleaning staff to help out, which I am glad someone does. I like dark colors, gothic and some steampunk decor, some fairy garden, I am kind of gloomy, but having children makes one let go of pretty much all of that, so I can empathize with just having white furniture lol, like all fresh and new, clean canvas. Then being all fussy and particular about items and sentimental about things I like that I own, it's like well when you have children, you have what they like and what is best for them. As they age you can have your stuff as long as it isn't a bad influence on them. But, yeah, the white sofa, definitely, if you can keep it clean, a reminder of fresh, bright, new changes to come that will go with all the wax paper to be drawn on all over the walls. My child is way older, we are all gamers here, so we have gotten past the toss the furniture before someone jumps on it, cover the floor in play rugs and walls in wax paper, but still such a dear time.
Oh so true and with small ones, where there's a will, there's a way and I think all my kids found them. Even to the point as a little one waking up in his crib and deciding to be "artistic" with using a soiled diaper as the medium of expression to decorate the walls.

I would imagine that with the size of Anmer Hall, perhaps the room the photos were taken in with it being beige, it very possibly could be that the room is used (as my mother used to say) "for company" and the day to day living is done in other rooms such as a playroom, living room and kitchen. I would bet my last shortbread cookie that George has made his fair share of glorious messes here and there.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-07-2015, 04:05 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Less than a week to the christening and more photos.
It's 4 weeks till the christening on 5 July.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn View Post
It's 4 weeks till the christening on 5 July.
Duh.. what was I thinking? Blame it on retirement. Half the time I don't know what day it is.
― John Lennon
Old 06-07-2015, 04:24 PM
Serene Highness

They have both a day and ?night nursery? where I would expect they spend the majority of the time and where all the toys and paraphanalia are. I can't see George coloring on walls or spilling juice on the furniture.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
They have both a day and ?night nursery? where I would expect they spend the majority of the time and where all the toys and paraphanalia are. I can't see George coloring on walls or spilling juice on the furniture.
Indeed, I'm sure they have plenty of kid-friendly space for playtime, as well as supervision. George may be a handful, but I think most of the house is probably "safe" from any big messes.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post

Really? So the Duke and Dutchess get to keep their stuff nice. That's great. I couldn't imagine not starting out without second hand living room furniture, all new baby stuff and furniture, tossing all the living room stuff to make more play space, baby proofing everywhere and just instead enjoying it like they have it. I have so much sympathy for them, oh my, they are missing out on all the mess, cleaning up, all of that. Spills, that's why you go thrift, find an old sofa, buy a bunch of rugs to cover the carpet and cover the walls in wax paper and let the mess happen to encourage the writing skills. You just have to clean it up. They must be really busy parents. A lot of bonding happens through messy play. They even teach at school to play with food as a precursor to learning art, in art class. Sure they have a playroom, it's probably fantastic.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hmm so the media winning about not seeing George is really winning about they can't get exclusive pictures to sell? George was last seen in May and everyone got to see and photograph him at the same time. On other places on the Internet I have actually seen complaints that the first time the public got to see him was in Australia and not in England?! What the hey?
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 06-07-2015, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Hmm so the media winning about not seeing George is really winning about they can't get exclusive pictures to sell? George was last seen in May and everyone got to see and photograph him at the same time. On other places on the Internet I have actually seen complaints that the first time the public got to see him was in Australia and not in England?! What the hey?
Personally, I am very pleased that the Duke and Duchess are maintaining some control over photos of their children. Of-course, we would all love to see George and Charlotte more often, but they are the parents and it's up to them, not the media.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbahlina View Post
We are the family you see in the grocery store with colanders on our heads
Those aren't colanders. They're Moon Man hats.

As Will and Kate are very hands on parents, I can imagine that their family play is just as creative and imaginative as young parents tend to get. George, though, is about to enter the terrible twos and there's no greater of an explorer and the "do it myself" persona as a child reaching that age. Gotta love it when a two year old sneaks out to make his own breakfast. Got the cereal. Check. Got the milk. Check. Got the sugar. Check. Eat in the living room. Check. Forgot the bowl. Oh well. I'll use the carpet.

The more I think about it and remember times past, the more I think its a good thing for Will and Kate to have this time to put family first.
― John Lennon
Old 06-07-2015, 07:37 PM
Royal Highness

The picture appears to have been taken in the 'adult' section of the house.

I do not think George will be making a mess in the adult section of the house. In large houses and London townhomes of the wealthy, the children live separately usually accompanied by the nanny.

The night nursery is where the child sleeps and is usually located on the top floor.
The day nursery is where the child plays, eats and maybe takes a nap.

Children of George's age would never enter the drawing room, sitting room, library, dining room, and main kitchen except briefly and only on very rare occasions.

Anmer is 'L' shaped two story house with an attic and a basement (based on pictures)..

In a house built like Anmer, most of the ground level and basement are off limits.

The basement is where the main kitchen is located and the ground level is where the adults entertain.

George may have the run of the attic and two floors of the small part of the' L' shape but not the main part of the house. In the small part of the 'L' there might be a family kitchen where George may have lunch with his parents but the main kitchen with the staff is off limits.

Kids of George's age are watched and doors are closed and stairs blocked off.

Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge, kate middleton, prince william, princess charlotte