The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 11:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News: May 2015

Now those were worth the wait. :) :)

I love that one where George is all so serious and seems to be looking off camera at Daddy perhaps? It screams to me "Am I holding her right?" :). Where he's smiling, all I can see is William, however the other one I can see some of Kate there for the first time. Regarding his hair colour...those Spencer genes are showing themselves I think. It would be lovely if it stayed Strawberry Blond, but that's just my personal preference as I do love that hair colour.

Charlotte is beyond adorable!! Such a little Sweetheart & I'm betting she's got them all wrapped around her little finger already. Pardon me for a moment here...

Wook at that wee wittle button nose and those chubby wittle cheeks!! Such a wittle wove bug!!

Now that I've got that out of my system...

They really are lovely pictures and Well Done Your Royal Highness!! Kate did indeed do a great job w/these.

As someone else said, this makes July 5th feel not as far away as it was earlier today. Can't wait to see her in all her Christening Finery and how much Charlotte's changed and grown. :)

Edited to add ~ Forgot about this...I wonder if someone over at Ravelry has come up w/and also posted a pattern for Charlotte's Sweater yet? Will have to go check...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 06-06-2015, 11:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I for one love the outfits on the children. I know many in other articles think they are too old fashioned. I think really nice and much better than having them dressed in items with sport or Disney characters all over them. This was quasi formal. Fun and playtime will be when more casual clothes will be seen. Plus, I am sure that both parents approve of the outfits and that is why they are worn. They are beautiful children and hopefully will have an enjoyable life with loving parents.
I love the outfits too; I love seeing children in classic clothes. For being the first official brother and sister pictures, I think they're just right: the kids are obviously cleaned up and dressed up, but one still gets a sense of personality from them.

Old 06-06-2015, 11:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
Both children are lovely, and the picture with George kissing his sister is particularly charming. Catherine is a good photographer.

I find it interesting that they didn't release any photos of the whole family. I'm not complaining, but I think it confirms my impression that William and Catherine do not want to be in the spotlight.
Or they are just pragmatists. They know that the real interest is now in the children.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:40 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know why people are complaining about them being staged.

What did people expect- Charlotte just in a nappy and temper tantrum George ? She is a small baby. There is only so many possible poses for her. Basically it is prop against a pillow and hope she doesn't cry her head off.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 06-07-2015, 12:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
I love the outfits too; I love seeing children in classic clothes. For being the first official brother and sister pictures, I think they're just right: the kids are obviously cleaned up and dressed up, but one still gets a sense of personality from them.
Count me in. I love seeing classic, slightly old fashioned clothes on children. I hate "trendy" things on little ones and more than anything I dislike seeing kids dressed as vampy little adults.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

For those into astrology and numerology, here is a nifty, comprehensive (in brief) summation of Princess Charlotte's auspices, both personally and within her family. I think both siblings will be firecrackers as they grow up, as well as when they reach adulthood. (I think of Princess Anne as an example). Hope you like.

Interesting comment about William: Charlotte is "likely to be a Daddy’s Girl through and through. With Uranus on his I/C, William is also experiencing huge changes at the core of his being. It’s a new life for all of them."

LINK: THE CHARTS OF PRINCESS CHARLOTTE - thenuminous.net

And then there's Jonathan Cainer, of course.

LINK: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ce-George.html
Old 06-07-2015, 01:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for posting these, Lady Nimue. I have a life-long interest in astrology and draw charts up myself, as I did for Charlotte after she was born. Though I agree with much of what Jonathon Cainer has to say astologically speaking, I think he's projecting much too much of his own feelings about the royals into his predictions!
Old 06-07-2015, 02:04 AM
Royal Highness

I changed my avatar for the first time in 7 years to fit the occasion. I love this sweet royal duo!
Old 06-07-2015, 02:38 AM
Courtier

They are darling photos!
Old 06-07-2015, 02:54 AM
Courtier

The lighting in the pictures was really exquisite. Maybe a sunroom?
Old 06-07-2015, 03:14 AM
Serene Highness

Princess Charlotte receives hundreds of fan mail | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 06-07-2015, 03:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Thanks for posting these, Lady Nimue. I have a life-long interest in astrology and draw charts up myself, as I did for Charlotte after she was born. Though I agree with much of what Jonathon Cainer has to say astologically speaking, I think he's projecting much too much of his own feelings about the royals into his predictions!
You mean suggesting that Princess Charlotte will work to bring down the monarchy based on her sibling rivalry with George? It's quite a drama being suggested, I'll grant you that. One astrologer references her as becoming monarch, though that one feels like a typo. What is clear is she is going to be something of a firecracker. (I think of Princess Anne, as I said, though Charlotte may be a bit more 'showy').

After reading the charts, I've started to think William and Kate will stop at two children. The two they have will be handful enough. Wish there was an astrology section to discuss this, though I am a dilettante on the topic.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:13 AM
Gentry

Princess Charlotte and Prince George: Kensington Palace release new official photos - hellomagazine.com

George's smile is so cute
Old 06-07-2015, 04:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I like the pictures where George is smiling and kissing his sister. The kids are very cute. The photos are ok but nothing to get excited about in terms of Kate's ability as a photographer, I think anyone can take such pictures.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:27 AM
Commoner

They are adorable pictures. I believe Katherine did a lovely job of it.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Finally some adorable and beautiful pics. Simply gorgeous kids... George looks sooo sweet... and Charlotte has already gotten quite big!
Old 06-07-2015, 11:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
This picture of Prince George lovingly cradling his two-week-old little sister Princess Charlotte has taken the internet by storm.

The pictures were greeted with cries of approval on Twitter when they were released by Kensington Palace last night.

The pictures, released on Twitter between 9pm and 10pm, were retweeted 80,000 times around the world on the palace’s official Twitter account and received 100,000 “favourites” under the hashtag #WelcomeToTheFamily.

Sally R tweeted “Cuteness overload!!!!” And Helen Rumney said: “So absolutely adorable.”
More: Princess Charlotte: Whole world coos over George and his baby sister as Kensington Palace tweet goes viral - Mirror Online
Old 06-07-2015, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The official pictures are beyond adorable.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:34 PM
Majesty

I love the pictures, and the fact that they were taken by Catherine. She did a lovely job. Also, it's easier in the children when they're young, because there may be some discomfort due to a new person in the room. The pictures look natural, even in their stage-ness. The children are adorable, and I love how sweet George is with his baby sister. I can't choose a favorite shot. It's just too hard . Like many others, I love seeing children in classic attire. It looks so much better than the trendy stuff sold in most clothing stores. Keep the Disney characters off the clothing. It looks too tacky, but that's just my opinion. So happy to see these beautiful shots. The Cambridges are very, very lucky.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:25 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

After having a better look at the photos, I've changed my mind slightly on who Charlotte resembles. Her eyes seem quite similar to George's to me, so I think she could end up looking more like the Middletons (as I think George looks like Catherine). But there are still some Windsor features in her in the photos, IMO.

I noticed that my post responding to a reply to my original post has been deleted (as has the post I was responding to). Why is that?

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duke of cambridge, kate middleton, prince william, princess charlotte