Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News 2: May 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate has gorgeous hair so maybe she passed all that along.

There is some comfort though in having the balding gene. Its been said that when God creates heads, he covers up those that aren't quite perfect. :flowers:

No surprise. Sophie Rhys-Jones started Louise and James riding when they were little too. A Windsor tradition.

What a stupid headline. What does one have to do with the other?

LaRae

None of the British media predicted that George would be headed to school so soon. I guess all their "insiders" let them down.

I just wish they wouldn't have named the school. It makes it much easier for stalkerazzi and people with nefarious plans.

Last edited:
Prince George will begin to attend the Westacre Montessori School Nursery in Norfolk before the end of January.

The Westacre Montessori School Nursery have said:

"We are looking forward to welcoming George to our nursery where he will get the same special experience as all of our children."

Prince George nursery announcement

I just wish they wouldn't have named the school. It makes it much easier for stalkerazzi and people with nefarious plans.

I think the name of the school would have leaked out anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously big news in the UK. Prince George is already trending on Twitter

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt
Prince William was the first senior royal to go to nursery and not start his education in a palace.

Last edited:
Watch out world! Here comes George! I think this is going to be one happy child going off to school and then coming home and telling his sister all about how his day was. I'm also quite pleased to see that the Cambridges have opted out for the Montessori type of school which is quite different from the normal, everyday type of nursery school. If I had a choice back when my kids were small, I would have loved to have sent them to a school like this. It sounds like its going to be perfect with a child that is eager to explore like our Curious George is. :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montessori_education

Prince George is continuing a royal tradition, but not one that is long established.

The Queen was educated at home and relied on her nanny, Crawfie, to take her on educational trips - including a journey on the London tube.

Prince Charles did go to school, but his nursery was a palace room containing a blackboard, a desk and a governess.

It was at his mother's insistence that Prince William was exposed to children of his own age when he started at Mrs Mynors' school.
Read more: George and nursery - a relatively new Royal tradition - BBC News

George appears to be a very active and boisterous child and I'm sure he will love his nursery school. It's ideal in terms of location, only ten miles away. I'm not so sure security-wise and it's almost certain there will be photographers hanging around, at least at first.

interesting choice for nursery for george. it´s quite thrifty choice apparently at only 33 pounds per day. the montessori system is apparently quite a reknowned one too.
i guess they will relocate full time to anmer hall now that george is at nursery?

I thought George would have started school later in 2016, probably September/October, so this was a lovely surprise! It certainly is a relief for Nanny Maria too...:lol: I don't know much about nursery/kindergartens in Uk, but do the children usually attend a 9 to 5 day at school? Or can they attend only in the morning? I thought 33 pounds per day is way too much:eek:, but again, I don't know how much nursery school fare in England. It seems the school is well secluded and I wonder if they'll let the media film at least the first day of school. I think they should, anyway. I read the school is pretty exclusive: why do they allow only 29 children to attend?:ohmy: Is it because it's a small village?:ermm:

I thought George would have started school later in 2016, probably September/October, so this was a lovely surprise! It certainly is a relief for Nanny Maria too...:lol: I don't know much about nursery/kindergartens in Uk, but do the children usually attend a 9 to 5 day at school? Or can they attend only in the morning? I thought 33 pounds per day is way too much:eek:, but again, I don't know how much nursery school fare in England. It seems the school is well secluded and I wonder if they'll let the media film at least the first day of school. I think they should, anyway. I read the school is pretty exclusive: why do they allow only 29 children to attend?:ohmy: Is it because it's a small village?:ermm:

From my own experience Nursery school is usually a half day school. In the UK you can start nursery quite young but Kindergarten if I remember begins at 3 or 4 years. Where they live is quite a village

It looks like a small place, 29 is about all they can hold probably.

I think I used to pay about $500 a month for three days a week for my kids, 8-2 pm, so the price is about right I think.

Last edited:
It looks like a small place, 29 is about all they can hold probably.

I think I used to pay about $500 a month for three days a week for my kids, 8-2 pm, so the price is about right I think.

Thank you! I asked because in italy nurseries, kindergarten etc cost much less and 30 pounds a day made an impact!:eek:

Maybe they announced it so when George will actually attend, the first buzz has died down?

George and Charlotte are adorable. She seems like the more mellow type but that might change when they're both older. Cute regardless. I'm always so fascinated when one kid is so much blonder than the other one.

The Daily Mail even had the times and days of week that they where open. ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

They had to announce where George will be going to school. Every school he and Charlotte will attend will be announced. Security measures are worked out in advance. That's always top priority.

I didn't go to nursery school, if I did, I don't remember doing so. Sounds like George will have a good time and I hope he meets a diverse group of kids. I just think exposing your children to diverse groups is very important.

interesting choice for nursery for george. it´s quite thrifty choice apparently at only 33 pounds per day. the montessori system is apparently quite a reknowned one too.
i guess they will relocate full time to anmer hall now that george is at nursery?
According to the DM article Prince George will not attend nursery school when he is in London, so I suspect there will be times when he is in London with his family as is the case now.
Thank you! I asked because in italy nurseries, kindergarten etc cost much less and 30 pounds a day made an impact!:eek:
According to one article 23 of the children receive assistance w/ the fees. Thus I don't think it's 'exclusive' or limited to children of the wealthy. The small size would be due to the rural character of the area - how many 2-5 or 6 year olds can there be in such a small village?
I think it's lovely that Prince George is off to school and have always thought socialization is important for young children. George is surrounded by adults, so a steady dose of interaction with peers his own age will be great.

William did not attend nursery school until he was 3 years and 3 months old.

Why are they sending George to school before he is 3 years old?

Why are they in a 'rush' to get him out of the house?:ermm:

What is the reason they could not 'wait' until September?:ermm:

Georgie better have a talk with mom and dad.:lol:

Could it be 'Mr. Bouncy' is being bounced out of the house?:lol::lol::lol:
(Or at least for a few hours.)

I don’t know about the UK, but where I live nursery starts at 2,5 and is attended by almost all children. So George going now is not that surprising to me.

The earlier George will be mingling/has a rountine with other children the better, imo.

Well, he seems like a very active and curious kid so I think it might fit him to get some new impressions and activity outside his family. It's not like they will put him there 9-5 5 days a week. It's just activation.

I really doubt it's as much of a "rush" to get him out of the house as them deciding that he's ready and the school accepting children who are 2 and a half. There's a lot of benefits to nursery school, and if your child is ready why not start earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom